U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:39 AM

985 posts, read 2,505,783 times

Advertisements

Check out the following link...

Lifestyle Pets * Unique and Rare Animals * Exclusive Pets

The cat looks cool (wouldn't pay that much for 'em, though).

Beware, the business owner is a convicted con... could just be another scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 06:48 AM

266 posts, read 1,082,855 times
Ohh, I have a feeling I am going to get criticized here, but YES! I LOVE cats, and the chance to own an exotic breed not caught in the wild is exciting. I sent this link to a friend of mine (the only person I know who could actually afford one, LOL) and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets one. I can live vicariously through her!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,909,467 times
Why on God's earth would you need acces to an animal behaviorist for 10 years as part of your agreement??? And look at all the other charges!

The guy may be an ex-con - but if you read the dog section, they are "developing" a line of very small dogs. Sorry, I call BS - there are plenty of small dogs in the world, the last thing we need is "development" of more. This sounds like just another bunch of breeding crap to me...and $22K would have to buy me the cat and a piece of the house it lives in. How absurd...mandatory spay/neuter, so he can keep the market closed on the cats? Don't get me wrong - I totally believe in spay/neuter....but there's something that stinks BIG TIME with this.....breeding a new line of designer dogs while you allegedly import cats and stop your competition? Nope. It stinks - bad.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:50 PM

8,191 posts, read 27,477,785 times
I wouldn't pay $22k for a car, never mind a pet. If I want a cat I go to the animal shelter.

Seeing stuff like that really pisses me off.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,360,195 times
Wow, what a majestic looking cat. It is impressive, but for 1/20th of the price, one can get a bobcat kitten. Maine Coon cats are big enough.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,380,647 times
I LOVE cats...I would have to have ALOT of money to feel like I could afford to reasonably spend that much for a pet...

I am concerned to about why you would need an animal behavorist...I like peace at home...I can't have one animal hurting the others.

There are those out there who instead of having the fastest car or the biggest boat, have to have strange pets...it sounds like this might be one of them...

I wonder if this cats behavior makes it unsuitable for homes, is it really a domestic cat? With cats, you have to ask yourself...where does this cat WANT to be...if a cat doesn't want to be in your house, you have a world of trouble on your hands...

Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM

I just wanted to add, here, so I don't look like a big flake, that all the 10 cats I have had in my home as pets have been rescues so far! I see that people are kind of reacting with disgust to this $22K cat - I suppose that I would rather see people getting an exotic bred to be DOMESTIC rather than spending that kind of dough on tigers, lions, and the like. I guess I see this as fulfilling a rich person's need for something unique and expensive with much less damage involved than buying wild species which ultimately are simply not designed to live with people. (thinking of all the tiger/lion attacks, most notably the magician - can't remember his name off hand)

Old 06-02-2007, 05:31 PM

28,200 posts, read 43,490,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty71 View Post
I just wanted to add, here, so I don't look like a big flake, that all the 10 cats I have had in my home as pets have been rescues so far! I see that people are kind of reacting with disgust to this $22K cat - I suppose that I would rather see people getting an exotic bred to be DOMESTIC rather than spending that kind of dough on tigers, lions, and the like. I guess I see this as fulfilling a rich person's need for something unique and expensive with much less damage involved than buying wild species which ultimately are simply not designed to live with people. (thinking of all the tiger/lion attacks, most notably the magician - can't remember his name off hand)
That was Siegfried - or was it Roy? And I agree with your points, that at least it's better than buying a wild cat... but for MUCH less money, you can get a gorgeous Bengal or Ocicat, which I actually suspect is really what this guy is selling (the picture looked like one). My mother's always had purebred cats, in addition to a few rescues, and there's nothing wrong with that alone. She spent about $1500 for her last Abyssinian, who is absolutely STUNNING, and comes from championship bloodlines... but she also has a 25 lb. tabby cat (yes, you read that right! ) from the pound, so she's not only into the purebreds. Now you tell me, isn't this kitty gorgeous enough, for 1/20th the price?

(my mom's cat, a Blue Abyssinian)
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/Blue72.jpg (broken link)

Next to her now 25 lb. tabby, when they were both 5 months old...
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/JazzSimon.jpg (broken link)

Oh, and I agree with the other posts that question this guy's honesty... and also very suspicious about their creating a small dog breed. That's like the "breeders" who sell "Tea-cup" and designer mutts, only to make a quick buck. My best friend has two malti-poos, and they're great little dogs, but cost $800 each - plus thousands in vet bills so far, due to a variety of health issues. I might get a purebred dog in the future, but for now I'm very happy with my mutt!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:03 PM

8,204 posts, read 31,579,200 times
The cat can reach up to 30 pounds.......does my $22k include someone to come over and scoop the litterbox each day ?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 PM

gizmo... my goodness, I should post a pic of my tabby cat... he is the doppelganger of your mom's cat. He is 23 lbs, and has very similar markings and is the same color pattern... I got him as a rescue from my vet. He is gorgeous, and there have been times I think I should have tried to get him into show biz he is so responsive and has such interesting behaviors.

And yes, that Abyssinian is GORGEOUS. Next to the tabby... TOO cute. I have always had a bit of a "penchant" for Russian Blues as well. Very beautiful creatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or