Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM

308 posts, read 677,620 times

Advertisements

Anyone with good advice can DM me, otherwise I am out of here.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 AM

308 posts, read 677,620 times
Thanks sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Personally, I would tell her she has two weeks to provide the refund she is contractually obliged to give or I will take her to small claims court.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:22 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,284,820 times
Sorry CarolinaOnMyMind, can't say that I blame you.
I've got 4 PB...and I willing to say that I've spent more time and money on rescues as anyone on here, if not more. I have rescues as well.
Do I regret my Ragdolls and Munchkin...not in the least.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM

It really is a shame people can't come here and ask a simple question such as this. Why berate someone because they don't have the same views?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,251,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Sorry CarolinaOnMyMind, can't say that I blame you.
I've got 4 PB...and I willing to say that I've spent more time and money on rescues as anyone on here, if not more. I have rescues as well.
Do I regret my Ragdolls and Munchkin...not in the least.
I have to say I agree. I've had a Birman, a Siamese, a Devon Rex, an Abyssinian and a Burmese in my lifetime, as well as a lot of heinz 57's, and I have adored them all.

Purebreds need love too!

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-10-2010 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,019,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
It really is a shame people can't come here and ask a simple question such as this. Why berate someone because they don't have the same views?
I agree. I have no problems with different points of view but I do have a problem when a poster is so disrespectful to others. I have no problem with those who buy purebreds. They need homes too. I read the entire thread and the OP was rude, even to a moderator! I had no intentions of ever replying to this thread until the OP's latest comments. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I agree. I have no problems with different points of view but I do have a problem when a poster is so disrespectful to others. I have no problem with those who buy purebreds. They need homes too. I read the entire thread and the OP was rude, even to a moderator! I had no intentions of ever replying to this thread until the OP's latest comments. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

LOL...I'll admit the OP could have been a tad more diplomatic in his/her wording...but he simply asked a question and got beaten up for spending money on a PB. I'd say "defensive"...
He didn't ask about PB's, he asked about a breeders contract. The ans. should have been kept to that in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:10 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,251,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I bought my cat for 1362 $ (converted from Norwegian crowns) and I don't regret it a minute. She's show quality, but she doesn't go to shows. She just stays home with me for cuddles.
I saw her photo on your profile - is she a Norwegian Forest cat? GORGEOUS!!
Revised - okay I see she is Maine Coon. What a beauty!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 PM

672 posts, read 5,084,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I saw her photo on your profile - is she a Norwegian Forest cat? GORGEOUS!!
Revised - okay I see she is Maine Coon. What a beauty!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,633,339 times
Carolina, the members here are not cat nazis. All here love our cats to distraction, either being full-bred or mongrel. Your focus on the money and not on another living being's emotional state and wellbeing, is what enraged certain people here. Most people here have the "Mamma Bear" syndrome when it comes to their felines and those same people could not understand how you could not consider how hurt this little kitty and how scared this baby became as a direct result of your actions.

I am not judging you for what you do with your money, for that is your business and your business alone. And for the posters here who took the OP's head off, bear in mind, that when you don't have or experience love in your life and heart, you don't know how to love. How about showing a little compassion for someone who doesn't have love and who has closed his heart from being hurt so much? I am sure we all have been there and how scary at times it is to open our hearts to love.

As for the baby, how about praying or intending a good, loving home for him? I know I have and I encourage you to do so as well.

I know I took the Fifth earlier in this thread, but now, because I am a woman, I've just now changed my mind in hopes my words will do some good. Love is so much better then fear, love is so much better then anger, love is so much better then war.

I rest my case..........

......Tip-toeing very quietly out of room......Peace......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats