Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 AM

16 posts, read 36,099 times

Advertisements

I want to adopt or buy a Maine Coon, but am having a hard time finding one. I am looking in the NM area... can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
I strongly recommend adoption....
check out this group, they adopt in New Mexico

Welcome to Maine Coon Rescue Alliance

http://www.mainecoonsavers.com/animals/list

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
I'm all for rescue, but here are some breeders:

COONPLAY CATTERY---Colorado, USA
Cattery: COONPLAY
We are dedicated to the health and excellence in the Maine Coon, to ensure a life long companion for you to enjoy! Breeding For good Health, dispositions, type and size, all cats and kittens are FIV and FeLV negative. We test our breeding lines for HCM and other genetic disorders. We have Polydactyls or mitten foot, straight foot and some hard to find colors. Our kittens are raised underfoot in a full family environment. Affordable, loving fur friend for life. Shipping available.
Maine Coon

Elizabeth (Betsy) Gaither---Texas, USA
Cattery: Texas Belle
Texas Belle Cattery is the home of "Maine Coons with slightly southern accents". We are located on a farm in central Texas where the cats allow us to administer to and admire them. The cattery was established in 1993. We are a small operation and our entire breeding program consists of the kitties in the photo gallery. "Bootsie" and "Billy Bob" both have our beloved "Butler" in their pedigrees. Please visit our website @www.TexasBelle.com for further information.
Maine Coon Andrew & Lisa Fuller---Texas, USA
Cattery: Miaw Maine Coons
Miaw Maine Coons is a small cattery located near Houston, Texas. Our cattery is our home and our cats and kittens are part of our family and live lovingly underfoot. Each breeding is carefully planned and researched in order to produce healthy, strong kittens with the temperament and type we consider ideal. For more information visit our website at www.miawmc.com
Maine Coon Sheila Haskins---Texas, USA
Cattery: Coonopry
Coonopry cattery breeds for Health, Temperament, Type, with Love. Home of GC, RW Coonopry's St. Elmo's Fire, 2005-06 Best of Breed Maine Coon in the Gulfshore Region, and in 2005-06 was 7th Best Maine Coon in the Nation. I love color, so I do not restrict myself to just one. I prefer the Classic Pattern on my Reds, browns, silvers, blue silvers, brown patches, and Silver Patches. I had now added diluted colors of Blue, Cream with White, smokes. Please visit my Website.
Maine Coon Kelly Crouch---Texas, USA
Cattery: Xcalipurrz
Xcalipurrz - where the cats reign supreme and we live to serve. Xcalipurrz are a small in home cattery located in central Texas where the cats are raised for health and temperament first, type second. We don't restrict ourselves to a particular color because we like them all. Please visit our website to learn more about Xcalipurrz and for kitten inquiries.
Maine Coon

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I strongly recommend adoption....
check out this group, they adopt in New Mexico

Welcome to Maine Coon Rescue Alliance

Animal List
Good advice!!! Also check out Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,331 times
Be sure to do research as with any pet. Not many first time cat buyers know or want to know about the reality of declawing or what goes into most pet foods. I would check out this site.

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more.

Mane coons also have long hair that needs to be brushed and they grow BIG for a domestic- this of course means higher cat food bills..

I'm all for rescue but keep in mind animal could have been abused and will need time and trust to be won over.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,331 times
Be sure to do research as with any pet. Not many first time cat buyers know or want to know about the reality of declawing or what goes into most pet foods. I would check out this site.

Welcome to About.com

(look up cats on this website)

Mane coons also have long hair that needs to be brushed and they grow BIG for a domestic- this of course means higher cat food bills..

I'm all for rescue but keep in mind animal could have been abused and will need time and trust to be won over.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
See this recently started thread:

Need Help With Possible Adoption Info

Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,955,448 times
Default maine coons

and the need for a BIG Litter box, so they have room to squat and scrape...... not to mention the "landmines" they leave too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats