Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM

604 posts, read 750,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Both our cats got very sick yesterday. Yellow bile looking stuff as well as some small amounts of crunchies or wet food.
But it continued, the one just dx as hyperthyroid and is on the ear meds now, continued to vomit.
She even has trouble keeping water down now, she'll either vomit liquid or some foam if I guess there's not enough of whatever in her tummy.
Going to the vet, for probably hydration and an x ray.

It looks like they got into something, we don't know what but one kitty seems somewhat better but our Shelly is still sick.

Watch to see if they are trying to eat any plants (let them go outside and watch them too)

If they DO eat greens, they are trying to throw up, otherwise, try a different cat feed so it gets other nutrients. Sometimes it could be that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 08:00 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
Watch to see if they are trying to eat any plants (let them go outside and watch them too)

If they DO eat greens, they are trying to throw up, otherwise, try a different cat feed so it gets other nutrients. Sometimes it could be that.
We don't have any inside plants.
I brought in some grass but nobody wanted it.
They are inside cats.
We feed them a variety of canned and crunchy food, as much "pure" as possible but they like some of the canned stuff that is parts-is-parts too, and sometimes they rebel at "health" food.

Thanks for the tips, we tried lots of stuff and things seem better. I suspect a bad can of food, but the cause will remain a mystery.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:25 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,766,281 times
Canned food which includes 'by-products' isn't all that bad. Think about it: a cat outdoors will eat a whole mouse, a whole squirrel, a whole bird.....think there aren't a few "by-products" included there? Just sayin'

Old 04-18-2010, 09:49 PM

604 posts, read 750,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
We don't have any inside plants.
I brought in some grass but nobody wanted it.
They are inside cats.
We feed them a variety of canned and crunchy food, as much "pure" as possible but they like some of the canned stuff that is parts-is-parts too, and sometimes they rebel at "health" food.

Thanks for the tips, we tried lots of stuff and things seem better. I suspect a bad can of food, but the cause will remain a mystery.

Well, hope they get better, I've got 1 cat whose like a brother lol

Old 04-19-2010, 04:12 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
The lump could be hard feces that hadn't passed through. So it either broke up or just moved along. Constipation can cause vomiting too. The other cat may have just been a coincidence or even empathy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats