Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Is he micro Chipped , you might be able to track him
No, he is not micro chipped. I keep calling and checking back there, so far...nothing!
There was actually another cat eating his food! I wonder if the other cat ran him off farther away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,228 times
Sometimes when you stop looking is when you find what you're looking for. I have heard of cats being gone for weeks.

My Cocoa got out last year and was gone for a week. I really didn't think I would see her again, but then she just showed up. I don't know where she was, but she had lost a lot of weight and was very happy to see us (she's a grumpy cat, doesn't like being held, but I couldn't get her away from me for days).

It is also possible that he is with another family and well.

Good Luck!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,959 times
You don't say if this boy was an outdoor cat prior or how long he was at the other home. Although two weeks certainly seems like enough time to adapt, his bolting seems like a cat who doesn't feel acclimated and is running off like a cat just released in a strange environment. Although I so hope he can be lured back I suspect the trap is the only way to go.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:44 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
You don't say if this boy was an outdoor cat prior or how long he was at the other home. Although two weeks certainly seems like enough time to adapt, his bolting seems like a cat who doesn't feel acclimated and is running off like a cat just released in a strange environment. Although I so hope he can be lured back I suspect the trap is the only way to go.
He was...indoor/outdoor, and he was at the other place for almost 3 years. My son and I saw him today, but there was another cat too. He was peeking out of the woods, and the other cat (not sure where it came from) was walking around in the backyard. We went out and called, but they both ranaway, so I guess I`ll continue feeding him..two of them now! At least I know that he is still back there. He just found a friend. Maybe he doesn`t want to come back.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
My neutered male cat ran away last year to a neighbor's house. He stayed there for over a month. I saw him several times and tried to get him to come to me but he would just run away. I have had him for 5 years too. I went to my neighbor to tell her he was my cat and asked her if she could catch him to let me know. I also found out she feeds her cats outside plus I think she had litter boxes outside too.

I finally saw him another neighbor's backyard fence so I grabbed a can of food and broke into my neighbor's fence and when he heard that can he came up to me. Needless to say he has been grounded since then

Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,959 times
I had a young cat that moved with us. He stayed inside for a week and when we let him out he stayed around the perimeter of the house sniffing every inch. Although he didn't bolt he did take long hikes into the woods behind us and disappeared later for two weeks--unbelievable. Came back--skinny and hungry. And he was neutered. He remained a guy who loved his outdoors though he had access to the house whenever he wanted. Lived to be 19.
Your fellow may be exploring and since he hasn't taken off for distant parts, hang in there.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
My friend's cat was gone for three weeks. He was an indoor cat who just decided to walk out one day after 12 years. They looked all over the neighborhood, posted signs, etc. Then one day they came home from somewhere and there he was sitting in the yard. They opened the door and he walked in with them and went right to the kitchen and sat by his food dish. Never said where he'd been.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM

151 posts, read 326,249 times
Sounds just like a cat!
Lets hope this one will do likewise!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:16 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
If he HAD said where he'd been, that would really have freaked everyone out!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:33 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
If he HAD said where he'd been, that would really have freaked everyone out!

LOL....then they would have to make a movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats