U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 AM

12,328 posts, read 7,772,955 times

Advertisements

I'm adopting PBS into my vocabularly. It's too fantastic. I much use it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,027,135 times
It means your kitty is overweight, all of my cats have this even the girls.

The feral I took in 3 months ago had no poocher, now 3 months later he's got a lil fupa going on. It's extra skin, and when the cat gains weight it hangs even further. My Squeaks FUPA drags on the floor.

FUPA
Acronym for "Fat Upper Pubic Area"
pronounced (Foo-Pah) That roll of flab over the genitals that occurs in obese people. Looks most hideous when seen through sweatpants.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM

151 posts, read 187,059 times
OMG eger - you are too funny. I may just trade "PBS" out for "FUPA!"
Did you ever see the movie "My big fat Greek Wedding" - "FUPA!"
I really like our descriptive vocabulary over the technical terms - hands (or is it paws) down.
But, it is good to know it is for real.
I have noticed the big cats have impressive PBS/FUPA.
I wonder if our kitties sit by the mirror admiring their impressive FUPA & imagine they are "big" cats out there in the wild somewhere? Just before nap time, I would guess.
But......one does wonder, though, eger - why would you put sweatpants on your cat?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:45 PM

11,805 posts, read 14,302,044 times
Don't overfeed your cats! They will beg for food when they don't need it, especially if the behavior is reinforced. I made the mistake of giving my cat treats in the kitchen too often, and now he expects it.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM

2,457 posts, read 2,991,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripphome View Post
OMG eger - you are too funny. I may just trade "PBS" out for "FUPA!"

But......one does wonder, though, eger - why would you put sweatpants on your cat?
Oh, yes, please tell us! Inquiring minds want to know.

LOL@eger! You've been coming up with some really good ones lately! Sounds as if things have settled down nicely and everyone is happy! Good for you!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:17 PM

2,480 posts, read 3,022,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
It means your kitty is overweight, all of my cats have this even the girls.

The feral I took in 3 months ago had no poocher, now 3 months later he's got a lil fupa going on. It's extra skin, and when the cat gains weight it hangs even further. My Squeaks FUPA drags on the floor.

FUPA
Acronym for "Fat Upper Pubic Area"
pronounced (Foo-Pah) That roll of flab over the genitals that occurs in obese people. Looks most hideous when seen through sweatpants.
I don't know if it always means over weight. You will see some big cats ie lions/tigers in the wild with the pooch.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 AM

1,688 posts, read 3,898,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
I don't know if it always means over weight. You will see some big cats ie lions/tigers in the wild with the pooch.
AFAIK, it does not. Its prominence, or not, is a genetic/hereditary trait - which is why some cats have them and some do not.

Our "tub 'o lard" doesn't have one. Our skinny mini does.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 AM

7,745 posts, read 9,089,067 times
both of mine have it .... charlie-chubby-cat's swings back and forth like the kitty described above.....

looks-too-thin-to-be-healthy max-cat has one too.....

Old 04-24-2010, 04:19 PM

22,172 posts, read 12,990,379 times
I call it the "Kitty Pooch".

Neo, who is a trim, in-shape, not-over-fed, doesn't-even-snack-much, gets-his-exercise kitty, seemed to get his over-night. Right after he turned five. One minute it wasn't there. The next minute he woke up from a nap, walked across the floor and.....

KITTY-POOCH!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 01:43 PM

11,805 posts, read 14,302,044 times
Elderly people can be thin and still have paunches. Cats can be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats