Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 AM

374 posts, read 754,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes, my oldest cat has a problem with throwing up. It also helps with the stool production, my cats were going a lot, due to the fillers. I have tried almost every food out there until my vet suggested Royal. Hasn't thrown up since. We are using the baby dog then the large breed puppy for our Saint Bernard, since they have to have their protein watched it this is one of the foods that does that.
I really like how specific their formulas are. I will be using one of the RC canine formulas when we get a dog (hopefully within the next year). I'm not sure what kind of dog we'll get, as we plan to rescue. We do need to find one that likes cats and will accept that these two are in charge
Attached Thumbnails
What food(s) do you feed your cat(s)??-misty-tiger.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,617,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
I really like how specific their formulas are. I will be using one of the RC canine formulas when we get a dog (hopefully within the next year). I'm not sure what kind of dog we'll get, as we plan to rescue. We do need to find one that likes cats and will accept that these two are in charge
How sweet they are. I just posted my boys in the cat pic forum. yes I love how specific they are. I had a Persian and I loved their food for Persians, helped keep the hairballs out and the coat really shiny. I love there food for dogs too. my moms elderly boxer has done really well on the boxer food since she switched to Royal.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:44 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,459,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
I will be using one of the RC canine formulas when we get a dog (hopefully within the next year).
Have you checked out the ingredients in Royal Cain? I copied the first few lines of a dry chicken flavored one:

Quote:
Chicken, brewers rice, chicken meal, brown rice, corn gluten meal, oatmeal, chicken fat, natural chicken flavor, dried beet pulp (sugar removed), dried brewers yeast, salmon oil, soya oil, potassium chloride, salt,
Chicken is the first ingredient in this recipe. This ingredient is inclusive of its water content. Meaning that once the water is removed and this ingredients becomes a dried ingredient it will weigh significantly less, thus making it fall further in the ingredients list.

Corn Gluten Meal is the fifth ingredient. Dogs' digestive systems have a hard time digesting this ingredient. Corn in excess has also been linked to many cases of dog allergies

Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,617,317 times
So far so good with the Royal, my pets dont like anything else. I did check on the corn meal with them before I started it and talked to my vet. Figured if any had an allergy I would find something else, so far no issues.

Understanding Corn and Corn Gluten Meal in Pet Food

Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,336,957 times
I'm feeding my horde Blue Wilderness, made by blue buffalo!

Boy oh boy their little heads are getting fat, lol. I might have to tone it down, or mix it in with something a little less delightful!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM

660 posts, read 1,641,928 times
Science Diet brand dry cat food....the only cat food used at the veterinary school.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM

689 posts, read 1,647,404 times
I feed my cat canned EVO and Wellness...but only the grain free ones. I would love to see your website if you will DM me.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 AM

87,952 posts, read 83,773,798 times
I feed all my cats various wet foods, the type depending upon each's picky little self, but I also leave bowls of dry--Whiskas and the Friskies in the purple bag.

I want to try Orijen--don't know if they'll eat it, but because it has less grain it is supposed to be better. I will always leave out dry food, because I work a long way from home and over the years there have been times when I could not get home easily due to terrorist attacks, blackouts, train equipment and signal breakdowns, etc. I want to know that there is always food available to them if I cannot get home until late or the next day.

Only one seems to prefer the dry. One barely touches it and the other two will stop and crunch on it but mostly eat the wet food. The one who eats the dry also drinks a lot of water, so I'm glad of that.

I know some people say to feed them raw, but they just won't eat it. I've put some out and they look at my like I've lost my mind. They DO all like cooked chicken, though.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 AM

622 posts, read 1,714,420 times
feeding dry food like this isn't healthy it can and will lead to all sorts of health problems such as dental trouble, obesity, dehydration. Cats dont need to eat all day.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM

41,698 posts, read 74,634,436 times
Quote:
feeding dry food like this isn't healthy
Generations of cats have thrived on dry food.

Not to say that it's the best food for any cat, but your assertion that it "can and will lead to all sorts of health problems" is not accurate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats