Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I simply cannot believe I'm reading this. Your ignorance on domestic violence is astounding. Clearly you have never dated a man who behaved one way while wooing you, pulling out all the stops and throwing on all the charm, and then turn into controlling monsters once they've "got" you. It happens All. The. Time.

You do not live in the real world if you think there aren't men out there who need absolutely no provocation whatsoever to smack a woman around.
Look at him. He's old. He picks a cute babe and then spends time jealous that other men look at her.

Hey, the moment a man acts like he's got a short fuse, you leave. Women often stay with men like that as a stepping stone to greater quarry in their hunt for fame and fortune. These women are not too great in the emotional/mental department, either. It's a symbiotic relationship, each feeds off of the other for their own selfish needs.

Whoopi said she knows the guy and he's no racist. What he said he said because he's not put together too well emotionally, not because he really means what he says. Some people just say extreme things when really angry for some sort of emotional impact. If you are out to do them no good you get them in that situation and then record them. I believe that he very well may have been set up by a bimbo. Stupid, stupid man.

I am not Christian and do not agree with Mel's view of the world, but women who prey on men in this manner (if that is the case) are equally dispicable in my book.

Yeah. It's a shame that some people reproduce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Similar to that reject Chris Brown, he appears to be yet another pathetic man who hits women and this can't be tolerated. He's a sick man. He needs professional help and when that fails, they need to lock this caveman up.

Like most conservatives, overrated Gibson's central problem is with HIMSELF. He needs to be quarantined.
He is 'rigid' in his beliefs--archaic, as they seem to be. ??'Conservative??--It always perplexes me when anyone involved with the entertainment industry is linked to GOP/conservative. He is the Emperor of his world--happens to live in the US.

lol--I can't help but wonder what my neighbor's mother thinks of all this--traditional Catholic lady--I think it was around the time of the Clinton scandals--she really liked Mel then.

Midlife crisis.

I don't know--my father could rant in about the same way--also hit my mother several times--'A man is the king of the castle'--never drank a drop. Extremely controlling.
You won't believe how many times I've been told --'That' just men'--
I thought he was insane.

Moving on--Sarah Palin's daughter announced --to ? People Magazine ?--the media--she is engaged to her baby daddy--intimidated to tell her mother.

Please--whomever you are--famous person--leave the public out of your lives.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 07-14-2010 at 06:06 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 06:27 AM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The first amendment.

Check it out, it's very interesting. A part of a crazy list called The Bill of RIGHTS which the founders of our country created.
oh please, I still say. Mind your own business......

Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 AM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Look at him. He's old. He picks a cute babe and then spends time jealous that other men look at her.

Hey, the moment a man acts like he's got a short fuse, you leave. Women often stay with men like that as a stepping stone to greater quarry in their hunt for fame and fortune. These women are not too great in the emotional/mental department, either. It's a symbiotic relationship, each feeds off of the other for their own selfish needs.

Whoopi said she knows the guy and he's no racist. What he said he said because he's not put together too well emotionally, not because he really means what he says. Some people just say extreme things when really angry for some sort of emotional impact. If you are out to do them no good you get them in that situation and then record them. I believe that he very well may have been set up by a bimbo. Stupid, stupid man.

I am not Christian and do not agree with Mel's view of the world, but women who prey on men in this manner (if that is the case) are equally dispicable in my book.

Yeah. It's a shame that some people reproduce.
excellent post, i totally agree.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
excellent post, i totally agree.

I guess Timothy Dalton was more evolved--she has a son with him, too.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I guess Timothy Dalton was more evolved--she has a son with him, too.
So she's got a kid with James Bond (Timothy Dalton) - she moved up the LaLa Land Starf****r ladder with Mel Gibson that's for sure.

She got with Mel after the scandal that broke about his foul mouth a couple years ago and so she HAD to know he had major problems, ALCOHOL BEING ONE OF THEM but she didn't care, she manipulated Mel Gibson.

She hit the gravy train with Mel. Mel knew it, he set himself up to be used. I think the last wife remained quiet and verbally abused at home by him until she had enough and they divorced. Isn't there a gag order on the exwife as well? Haven't heard a peep outta the old exwife at all, and there's a very good reason for that. Exwife was silent when the first incident happened at Moonshadows, and she's silent now as well. I think there's even an interview out there somewhere (from years ago like in the '80's) with Mel saying he thought that women should be barefoot, in the kitchen, and pregnant (big red flag for me as I recall that interview) - AND keep in mind he did have 7 kids with his first wife Robyn. Also, from all accounts his divorce wasn't final until April 2009 which means Oksana was carrying on a relationship with Mel while he was separated from his wife and she gave birth to a child in October 2009 (what does that say about her integrity ? Nevermind Mel's integrity he's a raging alcoholic he had been out of control for years, but Oksana preyed on his weakness).

All Oksana had to do was to take the 20 million dollar settlement as support for the child and be on her way and silent about Mel. But she schemed to RILE HIM UP and then to audio record him on the telephone secretly which is against the law.

How is any of this going to stand up in court when he didn't consent to being recorded on the phone?

I don't condone ANY OF HIS BEHAVIOR in any of this because he has to take responsibility for his actions, but Oksana knew exactly what she was doing when she set him up on those phone calls, this was going to be her financial windfall. Only thing is, when the truth comes out (and I believe that it will), she'll have to return to Russia because nobody in the industry will touch her if this goes to court and it's uncovered that she set up Mel Gibson in a blackmail scheme. Mel won't be off the hook either, but unlike in the Chris Brown/Rihanna scandal where the female was the innocent abused, Oksana is going to look like a calculating scheming silicone LaLa Land golddigger.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 07-14-2010 at 11:32 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think there's even an interview out there somewhere (from years ago like in the '80's) with Mel saying he thought that women should be barefoot, in the kitchen, and pregnant (big red flag for me as I recall that interview) - AND keep in mind he did have 7 kids with his first wife Robin.

All Oksana had to do was to take the 20 million dollar settlement as support for the child and be on her way and silent about Mel. But she schemed RILE HIM UP and then to audio record him on the telephone secretly which is against the law.

How is any of this going to stand up in court when he didn't consent to being recorded on the phone?
That's a good chronology.

As wrong as the verbal abuse/hitting was/is--I hope that is what is said in court. 'Get out of here'.

There are so many women and I suppose men--spouses, SO's that are dealing with very serious domestic violence issues that this irritates me greatly. No, I don't care if Mel Gibson said some very, wrong things--this 'Lady' knew up front what she was getting into and how to capitalize on this experience. Anything that motivates Joy Behar and others to drone on and on and on--in the name of increasing public awareness of this or that social issue is a 'crime' against me.

A long time ago I chose to attempt to have a more progressive attitude--not that easy living in 'The South'--where plenty of racial slurs can still be frequently heard in some homes--but I just didn't have the time to stay fixated on all that. Things that are said in anger and after abusing alcohol aren't 'rational'--why respond?

The manipulation of the public through the media. I'll sit on the bench and let others have a turn a bat.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
The perfect lawyer for this is Gloria Allred (heaven help us all if that lady rottweiler takes this case), she chases down cases like this - the high profile "woman done wrong" case. But I think if she does take this on, she's going to be very sorry.

I just heard on the radio that while it is against the law to secretly record someone's phone call without their knowledge, if the person who is recording has a "reasonable" belief that the person they are recording is going to threaten them, then they can record the call without the other person's knowledge.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The perfect lawyer for this is Gloria Allred (heaven help us all if that lady rottweiler takes this case), she chases down cases like this - the high profile "woman done wrong" case. But I think if she does take this on, she's going to be very sorry.
Ah, yes. It has been a while since her illuminating opinions have had a proper venue. Mel can find a ferocious beast of an attorney, too--I imagine he has legions of them--none of which have 'contol' over him.
If GA took this case she could chat with Joy and Jane and Whoopi--maybe Nancy Grace. I think she must be 'above' NG--can't recall if she has been a head-in-the-box on that show.

Lindsay's attorney is available--he should call her.

I taught school--every day/every minute --we were required to be aware of any suspected abuse and to do whatever possible to get appropriate help for kids that in many cases had no other form of advocacy.
It's not that easy to make such judgment calls. It's not pleasant to contemplate the legal consequences of a wrong decision either.
So abuse among the rich and famous is nothing to me.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times

YouTube - Whoopi Goldberg Defends Mel Gibson's Racist Rant - FUTURISTIC BLOGGER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities