U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 AM

2,244 posts, read 4,522,478 times
Ok this is what I don't understand about this entire fiasco...

1) It is being labeled as a 'racist rant'? Why? I think it is way more anti-woman than racist in that he only said those couple of things (the 'pack of ******s' and calling Oksana a '*******').
2) Isn't suppossed to be some sort of right-wing, fundamentalist Catholic? Where are those high morals?
3) Oksana is dumb. She knew that guy has issues. She's just trying to get herself a mealticket...and just might succeed.
4) Is anyone surprised by this in the LEAST? Stop with the news coverage already!

I don't get it with these men. Ok, yeah, men like to cheat. But when these famous/political types do it...it costs them millions. And you know what? They don't care, and the public absolutely loves it! We are all sick.

Where are the 'good old days' (before my years)...when famous people got blacklisted the MOMENT they stepped out of line (like Jerry Lee Lewis did). Can we go back to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM

8,863 posts, read 8,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post

1) It is being labeled as a 'racist rant'? Why? I think it is way more anti-woman than racist in that he only said those couple of things (the 'pack of ******s' and calling Oksana a '*******').
2) Isn't suppossed to be some sort of right-wing, fundamentalist Catholic? Where are those high morals?
3) Oksana is dumb. She knew that guy has issues. She's just trying to get herself a mealticket...and just might succeed.
4) Is anyone surprised by this in the LEAST? Stop with the news coverage already!

I don't get it with these men. Ok, yeah, men like to cheat. But when these famous/political types do it...it costs them millions. And you know what? They don't care, and the public absolutely loves it! We are all sick.

Where are the 'good old days' (before my years)...when famous people got blacklisted the MOMENT they stepped out of line (like Jerry Lee Lewis did). Can we go back to that?
In Mel's case--he has his own brand of Catholicism and he is an actor--how the 2 sides of his personality integrate would make a fascinating study.
He was obviously 'very angry'

How I would love to return to some generally accepted 'values' but we are moving forward--to exactly what is an issue of some concern to me. The ultra Progressives/Hollywood types prefer the type of 'Freedom' from morality that was not really so 'good' centuries ago--debtors prisons, 'let them eat cake'--France--aristocrats and the common people/those who didn't count.

So we drafted a Constitution and it can be interpreted in infinitely different ways. Since 'Everybody is Equal' and all have a voice/representation --on paper--it is close to impossible to discover points upon which can all agree.

One solution would be absolute government control over every aspect of our lives--a few trillion dollars has/is being spent to fight against that elsewhere and many lives have been lost--so I'm not in favor of that.

Apparently our libidos/sex drive can no longer permit us to think rationally or something and emotional control is a quality that is no longer a priority. For whatever reasons many must escape harsh reality through substance abuse and yes, this is ridiculous.

And the media needs to increase ratings--knowing the market--minds of the citizenry very well.

A few more oil spills, bombings/riots against those who support unpopular views and we won't have to worry about anything.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM

29,394 posts, read 17,578,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post

1) Taking a shot at a religious group because of one members crazy statements is pretty low...in fact it kinda puts you perilously close to sharing some of Mel's views.

2) Oksana isn't dumb. She did the same thing that 2 mail order brides i know (not mine) did. They landed a rich old guy, got pregnant and ka-ching. In a year or two she will be free of him and never have to work again in her life.

3) The good old days don't exist...check out Roman Polanski for an example. I'm not sure Mel is a whole lot worse than some of the other hollywood types....scary.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:42 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,665,948 times
I just listened to the fourth audio tape of Gibson's meltdown. I have to wonder how much $$ Radar Online is paying this Russian mail-order wh-re to release these tapes? Her using their baby as financial leverage and releasing taped private conversations to blackmail him is almost as bad as Gibson's obscenity-laced temper tantrums.

This whole sordid affair stinks. Their poor baby girl stuck in the middle.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM

7,117 posts, read 4,178,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

But she schemed to RILE HIM UP and then to audio record him on the telephone secretly which is against the law.
NO IT ISN'T. It's been posted more than once in this very thread. One more time for those who still don't get it. . .

"633.5. Nothing in Section 631, 632, 632.5, 632.6, or 632.7 prohibits one party to a confidential communication from recording the communication for the purpose of obtaining evidence reasonably believed to relate to the commission by another party to the communication of the crime of extortion, kidnapping, bribery, any felony involving violence against the person, or a violation of Section 653m. Nothing in Section 631, 632, 632.5, 632.6, or 632.7 renders any evidence so obtained inadmissible in a prosecution for extortion, kidnapping, bribery, any felony involving violence against the person, a violation of Section 653m, or any crime in connection therewith."

CA Codes (pen:630-638)

She was perfectly and fully within her rights to record their private conversations, even in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I just listened to the fourth audio tape of Gibson's meltdown. I have to wonder how much $$ Radar Online is paying this Russian mail-order wh-re to release these tapes? Her using their baby as financial leverage and releasing taped private conversations to blackmail him is almost as bad as Gibson's obscenity-laced temper tantrums.

This whole sordid affair stinks. Their poor baby girl stuck in the middle.
SHE did not release these tapes. Radar Online themselves have said that she is not their source.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,665,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
SHE did not release these tapes. Radar Online themselves have said that she is not their source.
Please don't be naive. Of course SHE personally wouldn't release the tapes, she has her future financial gain to protect, but the fact is that she did tape her private conversations with Gibson and released the tapes via a third party so that she could keep her hands clean (barely).

If you think she's completely innocent in all of this you have much to learn.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM

8,863 posts, read 8,327,830 times
Radar Online.

What does Perez Hilton say about all this.

The thought occurs to me--that these two intelligent, creative/dramatic, not so classy people may have been through this so many times that they were both well aware of the way the media would respond. Always dangerous to assume anything.

In my much left lofty world a woman who did something like this would get very little sympathy. This would make another dregs-of-the-world lifetime movie.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 PM

2,244 posts, read 4,522,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) Taking a shot at a religious group because of one members crazy statements is pretty low...in fact it kinda puts you perilously close to sharing some of Mel's views.
I'm not taking 'a shot' at a religious group at all. I did not apply my statements to all Catholics; just Mel Gibson.

Quote:
2) Oksana isn't dumb. She did the same thing that 2 mail order brides i know (not mine) did. They landed a rich old guy, got pregnant and ka-ching. In a year or two she will be free of him and never have to work again in her life.
I was talking about in her misplaced faith that Mel would not mistreat her. Or maybe she fully expected him to mistreat her. Either way...she's not too smart. She may end up with money though; so perhaps by some, that makes her smart (not in my opinion though...that just makes her manipulative).

Quote:
3) The good old days don't exist...check out Roman Polanski for an example. I'm not sure Mel is a whole lot worse than some of the other hollywood types....scary.
Umm....obviously.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 PM

7,641 posts, read 7,529,804 times
I agree give me decades ago when a star did something the studios did not like and they fired them and it basically ruined their career . People back then held people to a higher standard and judging by todays standards , I think we should go back to holding people accountable for their bad behavior yes give me the good old days when celebrities got out of line and they were ruined and nobody went to their films anymore . I think if we start boycotting these celebs and their movies , concerts etc ..and their behavior and make an example out of them , more of them would start to conduct themselves better and more apropriately .

Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 PM

7,117 posts, read 4,178,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Please don't be naive. Of course SHE personally wouldn't release the tapes, she has her future financial gain to protect, but the fact is that she did tape her private conversations with Gibson and released the tapes via a third party so that she could keep her hands clean (barely).

If you think she's completely innocent in all of this you have much to learn.
Oh, please. Her first husband was a drug addict -- a fact that even your own link confirms. So the fact that she left him after only 6 months of marriage is now being spun into using him to get British citizenship? I guess you'd be less judgmental if she had stayed with a drug addict for a year? Two years? How long should she be with an addict before her motives are no longer in question? How long should she be with anyone before you stop questioning her motives as if you knew her intimately? Would TEN years do the trick? That's how long she was with Timothy Dalton. But I'm sure you'll find a way to imagine all kinds of ulterior motives there, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities