U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:14 AM

16,455 posts, read 21,473,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
that may be plausible one time because of drinking but it appears Gibson has issues with people of different faiths & colors.
He seems to have an alcohol problem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,293,239 times
If he were a little smarter, he'd be Hitler. I swear, that guy has white supremacist written all over him.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:41 PM

151 posts, read 635,127 times
The news reports and peoples comments on this here and elsewhere make it sound like he made public policy statements that were racist. I am not defending his comments but to put this in perspective, the first incident he was drunk of his ass. Being drunk and likely agitated since he was getting hauled off to jail, people tend to say stupid things when they are in that condition.

The second incident was a marital spat behind closed doors where people tend to say things they regret and not expect them to be recorded for the world to hear.

While the media spends time on rehashing the past and reporting these comments they miss the obvious detail to all of this. What is more of a concern is whether he was violent with his wife or did she fabricate that to gain the upper hand in the custody battle.

If this is the best the media can do in pointing out racists this country is good shape these days.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:44 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,240,196 times
Mel is starting to look very harsh and angry and a little scary as his "inner self" shows itself more and more. Yes, he is getting older, but people get older and age gracefully. Not him. His evil is coming to the surface.

Personally, the guy gives me the major creeps. I expect that Robyn is having quite a giggle at his antics. Poor Mel, I think he is headed for some serious problems down the road. I hope that someone intervenes or he straightens out before it's too late.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-02-2010, 05:20 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,076,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse1 View Post
Who cares about Hollywood and Sean Penn and all the rest of those phonies..including Gibson..

Why are you taking the time out of your day to post in a thread about them?!?!?

Really proudvoterofObama... simma down.

Nice one-sided story though. Wonder what all she called him. And since when is "You look like a ... pig in heat," a morally unsavory thing to say? Is it a nice thing to say? No. But MORALLY wrong?!?! Whatever. Personally... you can call any one you want, anything you want... especially when it's behind closed doors. I'd be very interested in those that are of the 'Gibson Bashing Stance' to record things you've yelled at someone in a private argument and then post it all over the WORLD WIDE web and let the masses have at you.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:51 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,520,385 times
I can't even find the right words to describe what, or how I think of him- he is such a gigantic piece of crap, really. So ignorant, angry, rude, classless, pompous, arrogant, egocentric and a horrible humanbeing. His ex wife is blessed to be done with him!!!! He shouldn't receive ANY air time at all- Be gone Mel, completely !!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,240,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Now there's a real conservative catholic for ya!
I think he's a schismatic, but as a conservative Catholic he is a disappointment and embarrassment.

I've heard Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus in "The Passion", is a genuinely nice guy though.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,076,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I can't even find the right words to describe what, or how I think of him- he is such a gigantic piece of crap, really. So ignorant, angry, rude, classless, pompous, arrogant, egocentric and a horrible humanbeing. His ex wife is blessed to be done with him!!!! He shouldn't receive ANY air time at all- Be gone Mel, completely !!!!

You write about him like he's molested/ raped children, beheaded other humans, burned animals alive and dumped his own Mother at a bus stop with nothing but her personality to get her home.

Re-lax. He throws nasty sayings around. He hasn't killed anyone. He hasn't tortured anyone (well... some of his movies were hard to watch...). He's not a thief, etc. He has a problem with thinking before he speaks. Bet you've made a great impression or two on random strangers who might've overheard you say something in passing. Wonder if they think the same of you? Oh, you may not have spoken the same words Mr. Gibson has said, but I'm sure you've said something that's offended another human being. Unless you're only like 3 years old, in which case you have amazing typing skills!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:00 AM

8,521 posts, read 13,548,634 times
I am not surprised. We don't know these people. They get paid to entertain and make the production companies money.

I am sure he's not the only person saying things like that.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:16 AM

68 posts, read 184,663 times
I thought he talked about Jews. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities