U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM

10,657 posts, read 11,371,242 times

Advertisements

"THE GREAT KANE-O SEES A REHAB CENTER IN MEL'S FUTURE! I HAVE SPOKEN!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 03:19 PM

6,264 posts, read 10,360,662 times
Even if all this is 100% true, as a society, people are so eager to hate/dislike/dismiss/discredit a person for merely being much like the society itself.

You guys give too much credit to everything you hear/read from a 3rd party.
Even the 2006 incident might be an orchestrated incident (to trash him and his career) which could be BS or true and taken advantage of his intoxicated condition.

I am not defending MG nor am I even a Catholic or a religious person all I am trying to say is someone allegedly/supposedly doing or saying something wouldn't mean they actually said/done the things accused of saying/doing.
We are hearing/reading only one side of the story and it is hardly ever 100% accurate or true.

Also everyone is racist and prejudice to a certain extend. You think all the racial prejudice stuff but you do not say it, something filters it. Does this make you a good person? If these incidents were true, being the known alcoholic that he has been, perhaps his filtering became faulty and know he is saying what we all think yet dare not to say.

Don't give anyone too much value or credit, movie star or not, he is still a jaded person but less hypocritical than most of us.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 PM

746 posts, read 1,250,057 times
This guy cannot control himself.

I had felt that Gibson was wrongly ostracized after making "the Passion". Felt like the Lib Hollywood community and the Lib media began trashing him so I kind of stuck up for the guy.

Mad Max is a great flick as well as Braveheart. Lethal Weapon..... lot of pretty good movies.

Now.... I think he is a complete jackass, just like the 99% of Hollywood. I now have him in the "Kardashian" category.

First of all you have a list of racial slurs he has been recorded making (we are talking 3 or 4 occasions)... I am game to give a guy the benefit... but this is ridiculous. Second- he is a hypocrite. Mr Holy roller Catholic... beds up with a mistress and leaves his wife of 20+ years and ruins his family. For what? For someone recording his slurs and releasing them to the media. Idiot !! Deserves everything he gets at this point.

Last edited by kemcnyc; 07-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Added a sentence...

Old 07-03-2010, 03:45 PM

7,313 posts, read 6,922,678 times
For the life of me I don't know why anyone would pay a dime to see one of his movies anymore. Anything that puts even a penny in his pocket is out of the question for me, and has been since his "Sugar T*ts" and anti-Semitic remarks to the police 4 years ago. I won't even watch re-runs of the movies of his when they're on television.

I hope Oksana takes him to the cleaners.

More complete quotes here, btw.

Last edited by Jill61; 07-03-2010 at 04:57 PM..

Old 07-03-2010, 05:32 PM

15,575 posts, read 29,334,385 times
I don't criticize the guy because he is bigoted or anti-semantic or even that he is a hypocrite. I criticize him because he is mean-spirited. He doesn't say bad things....he says bad things to HURT people. There is a big difference.

A person who will talk like that will hurt you physically if he discovers that the words are not doing a good enough job. He has a problem with anger and it could easily escalate into physical harm - or even worse. Mark my words, if he doesn't get a handle on it, one of these days we're going to read about him in the papers and it's not going to be funny any more.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-03-2010, 10:58 PM

15,751 posts, read 22,854,809 times
The mans an explosive venom spewing, abusive alcoholic, its inexcusable.
According to the one of the links provided she has a restraining order and he more or less has a gag order, to keep her from giving interviews and information that will hurt his image. The man needs professional help, not more movies.

[LEFT]Grigorieva, 40, has alleged that Gibson punched her in the face twice during a fit of rage, giving her a concussion and knocking out two of her teeth.

Read more: 'Cruel' Mel Gibson unleashed racist tirade against his baby mama: report - NYPOST.com
[/LEFT]

Last edited by virgode; 07-03-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 PM

445 posts, read 936,621 times
Out of the heart, the mouth speaketh....I found it rather offensive, because, why would a pack of N's wanna jump her? What about men in general? It's not just the N word, but the thought of "a pack of N's" that's disturbing. Hmm. There really is no more room in his mouth, for a foot to fit.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 AM

7,422 posts, read 13,303,563 times
apparently another audio tape has surfaced where gibson seems to confirm hitting grigorieva while she was holding their child.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson Caught On Tape Admitting He Hit Oksana -- "You Moderator cut: language Deserved It" | RadarOnline.com

On tape, a teary Oksana is heard asking Mel, “What kind of a man is that who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face?

“What kind of a man is that?” the Russian musician repeats.

The Braveheart star responds: “You know what — you Moderator cut: language deserved it.”

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-10-2010 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM

7,313 posts, read 6,922,678 times
She deserved it, huh? So now women who dress "like a Moderator cut: language pig in heat" not only have themselves to blame if they're "raped by a pack of Moderator cut: language", but they've also got a punch in the face coming to them, too. Hmmm, I'll have to try to remember that bit of sage advice and wisdom as I make my way through this dangerous world.

What? You mean the actual dangerous one here is the "Moderator cut: language pig" who actually punched a woman in the face and not these mysterious packs of roaming black men? Well I'll be.

May he get what's coming to him.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-10-2010 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM

7,371 posts, read 12,354,320 times
Default Some audio has been posted

WORLD EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Mel Gibson's Explosive Racist Rant -- Listen To It Here | RadarOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities