U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 AM

3,873 posts, read 4,298,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You know. There are women out there who really know how to push a guys' buttons. No, I am not defending Mel's behavior. I am just saying, she certainly did not get slapped in the face (twice), because she gave him a big sloppy kiss and said.... "Good morning, honey. What can I cook you for breakfast?"

it is highly unfortunate that Mel resorts to unacceptable behaviors when he is ticked off. But one cannot help but wonder what on earth this girl must have said/done to him to make him fly off the handle this way. It must not have been very nice either.

Still. Mel shows a shocking lack of class. I am embarrassed for him because apparently he is not smart enough to be embarrassed for himself.

20yrsinBranson

There is no excuse for a man to be violent towards a woman. If women boycotted violent domineering men with Mel Gibson's personality type the human race would make a great leap forward. Men like Mel Gibson keep us stuck in the stone age. He represents everything that's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 01:47 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,414,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
I thought it might be a set up too, but Mel's track record isn't looking too good. He's a dumbass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You know. There are women out there who really know how to push a guys' buttons. No, I am not defending Mel's behavior. I am just saying, she certainly did not get slapped in the face (twice), because she gave him a big sloppy kiss and said.... "Good morning, honey. What can I cook you for breakfast?"

it is highly unfortunate that Mel resorts to unacceptable behaviors when he is ticked off. But one cannot help but wonder what on earth this girl must have said/done to him to make him fly off the handle this way. It must not have been very nice either.

Still. Mel shows a shocking lack of class. I am embarrassed for him because apparently he is not smart enough to be embarrassed for himself.

20yrsinBranson
he is a dumbass, firstly for giving up a class act wife and family for that tramp and also because something seems to have crawled into his brain and is eating it.
But of course if tramp is going to sink so low as to set him up to tape him then she pushed some buttons before turning on the recorder and sure seemed calm while he was angry......as if she was normally not combative and gave as much as she got.
I don't buy it. I'm sure he is a raving lunatic but she is no better.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:50 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,414,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
There is no excuse for a man to be violent towards a woman. If women boycotted violent domineering men with Mel Gibson's personality type the human race would make a great leap forward. Men like Mel Gibson keep us stuck in the stone age. He represents everything that's wrong.
true enough but also true is if women didn't chase after married men and give it to him wildly and freely then she and we wouldn't be subjected to this set up she orchestrated. All for the big bucks and attention.
She has a track record too that aint too pretty.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:40 AM

3,873 posts, read 4,298,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
true enough but also true is if women didn't chase after married men and give it to him wildly and freely then she and we wouldn't be subjected to this set up she orchestrated. All for the big bucks and attention.
She has a track record too that aint too pretty.
I know that she isn't a saint. I highly value monogamy. I am very critical of the homewreckers who chase after married men (and of course the cheating husbands themselves). Still as morally bankrupt as this couple is no level of violence is acceptable.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:48 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,423,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Then his acting skills must be well-developed as he has certainly charmed tens of thousands of women on the Silver Screen.

Tired of hearing about his issues and beliefs.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 AM

7,422 posts, read 13,303,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
can't decide which of them is worse--him for the words he's tossing about or her for taping it as though she deliberately set him up for this.
if she didn't tape him, none of you guys would believe what she's accusing him of.

and yeah, takeahike, he's an actor, and a handsome guy. so?

20yrsinbranson, you seem to be saying that she MUST have provoked him into hitting and ranting at her. maybe she did, maybe she didn't, but what you're saying is awfully close to "women don't get abused unless they did something to deserve it".

i'm sure this woman is not a great person (obviously her taste in men is pretty bad) but who is worse - the verbally and physically abusive person or the person who taped him so she could prove he committed a crime? i think the answer is kind of obvious.

anyway, audio has been released:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...listen-it-here

Last edited by groar; 07-10-2010 at 07:47 AM..

Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
if she didn't tape him, none of you guys would believe what she's accusing him of.

and yeah, takeahike, he's an actor, and a handsome guy. so?

i'm sure this woman is not a great person (obviously her taste in men is pretty bad) but who is worse - the verbally and physically abusive person or the person who taped him so she could prove he committed a crime? i think the answer is kind of obvious.

anyway, audio has been released:

WORLD EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Mel Gibson's Explosive Racist Rant -- Listen To It Here | RadarOnline.com
I'm doing my best to stay 'out of Mel Gibson's business'.

All over the nation and the world there are domestic disputes and they begin and end pretty much the same. He said/she said and people become very skilled in verbally twisting knives into each other. You are preaching to the choir. My own parents could have won awards for senseless arguments.

During the release of 'The Passion of the Christ'--there was much adulation and praise of Mel Gibson, preceded by years of acclaim for his work. I enjoyed many of his films, didn't want to know anything at all about his religious beliefs and/or political beliefs or intimate details of his life. As far as I know he was very careful for several decades about protecting his family's privacy and his own. Admirable.

Many, many people have problems--including me. I just don't want to KNOW. I suppose I could turn off the TV, avoid the internet, etc.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 AM

352 posts, read 679,137 times
I think Mr. Gibson has a severe drinking problem that has not been addressed which sends him off the "deep end". His career is pretty much over..who can stand to look at him after all this?
He was a beautiful looking Young man but, he's looking a bit old around the edges!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:06 PM

5,007 posts, read 7,679,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
I think Mr. Gibson has a severe drinking problem that has not been addressed which sends him off the "deep end". His career is pretty much over..who can stand to look at him after all this?
He was a beautiful looking Young man but, he's looking a bit old around the edges!
Yep, bottom line, he should quit drinking for good. Probably the very root of all his problems - anger towards the opposite sex, other races, other religions. He's got a lot of self-loathing going there.

But only he can do that. Perhaps what has happened lately has been his final bottom. Only time will tell.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
I think it is an ego problems but I think he is stubborn and arrogant. He is now worth close to 1 billion dollars and knows that he has great power--can live life on his terms. I'd say he is in the Sean Connery category and could act if he chose until his last breath. He can also direct.

He is fanatical about religion and his father passed along his extreme ideas.

If he is spending his time drinking and discussing these theories with others then no wonder he is in a hole.

Who knows--who can ever know. Maybe he needs 'new worlds to conquer'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities