Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
that may be plausible one time because of drinking but it appears Gibson has issues with people of different faiths & colors.
...and genders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

You know. There are women out there who really know how to push a guys' buttons. No, I am not defending Mel's behavior. I am just saying, she certainly did not get slapped in the face (twice), because she gave him a big sloppy kiss and said.... "Good morning, honey. What can I cook you for breakfast?"

it is highly unfortunate that Mel resorts to unacceptable behaviors when he is ticked off. But one cannot help but wonder what on earth this girl must have said/done to him to make him fly off the handle this way. It must not have been very nice either.
I simply cannot believe I'm reading this. Your ignorance on domestic violence is astounding. Clearly you have never dated a man who behaved one way while wooing you, pulling out all the stops and throwing on all the charm, and then turn into controlling monsters once they've "got" you. It happens All. The. Time.

You do not live in the real world if you think there aren't men out there who need absolutely no provocation whatsoever to smack a woman around.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
When mel gets upset he tends to say stupid things. Alot of us do that. His ex gf did dress abit provocative & maybe now she will tone down. She shouldnt of recorded & released the phone conversation. Thats dirty! Now the idiot cops are looking into possible charges of abuse against mel. Thats soo damn stupid. He never hit her & its not against the law to verbally abuse anyone. I think she deserved it. Mel does have a drinking problem & hopefully he goes to AA for that. His father is abit odd (i dont know if hes still alive).

Last edited by steel7; 07-12-2010 at 03:25 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
When mel gets upset he tends to say stupid things. Alot of us do that. His ex gf did dress abit provocative & maybe now she will tone down. She shouldnt of recorded & released the phone conversation. Thats dirty! Now the idiot cops are looking into possible charges of abuse against mel. Thats soo damn stupid. He never hit her & its not against the law to verbally abuse anyone. I think she deserved it. Mel does have a drinking problem & hopefully he goes to AA for that. His father is abit odd (i dont know if hes still alive).
Handing you a 'Star'. I believe you understand the situation as well as anyone.
Those in LE would say the same. Some try to manipulate the system and w/o knowing more about the woman I would say this is possible. The wife of the 'balloon boy' also seemed to have a network of friends in the entertainment industry who provided some 'bad' advice. ie--'Get the media's attention'--allege racism, domestic violence and substance abuse
Seems to work every time. I would probably be spouting some expletives, too, if that's what's going on and I think it is. Throughout the global community I suppose the word is out on how to get rich quick in the US.

Every time an Entertainment analyst raises his/her voice to say a celebrity name I think --more time wasted.

If Mel is having a midlife crisis of some kind he needs to get a grip, jmo. He might want to give his Dad's theories a rest.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 07-12-2010 at 06:49 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
How do you know he has never hit her?

AA is a good program if you work the program. In order to do that an alcoholic has to hit rock bottom. Mel is obviously a "low bottom drunk" and he's not there yet.

Has anyone ever seen a glimmer of regret from him after he pulls one of his disgusting stunts? He's been doing this for years. The man hates everyone.

Oh, one more thing, eagle 7. You "think she deserved it" Why do you think she deserved it? The selfsame things he hates about her now were once things he found very attractive.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
I dont think mel hates everyone. I hate ALOT of people but not everyone. The people i hate are scum & they need to burn in hell for the way they have treated people.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
I dont think mel hates everyone. I hate ALOT of people but not everyone. The people i hate are scum & they need to burn in hell for the way they have treated people.
shhh--Many of us rant in private and that's how it should stay.

Living in an anal world is definitely a problem.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:

It doesn't matter if she wanted to walk around all day in a bikini and short shorts, no one has a right to "control" their partner like they are a child.

He did 'alleged' hit her. And verbal abuse is NOT "ok" and is illegal if there is a threat against another person.

The fact that you think that Gibson's ex or anyone "deserved it" is just really sad for you.

Mel is a miserable old man. He may be worth (reportedly) nearly a billion dollars but that obiously has not brought him peace and contentment. He's just a H.A.M.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,272,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

AA is a good program if you work the program. In order to do that an alcoholic has to hit rock bottom. Mel is obviously a "low bottom drunk" and he's not there yet.

Has anyone ever seen a glimmer of regret from him after he pulls one of his disgusting stunts? He's been doing this for years. The man hates everyone.

Oh, one more thing, eagle 7. You "think she deserved it" Why do you think she deserved it? The selfsame things he hates about her now were once things he found very attractive.
Thank you I was thinking the same thing. Whatever happened to blacklisting in Hollywood, Now that's quite the conundrum.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,671,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
exactly.

in one of the tapes, he ADMITS he hit her. he tells her she deserved it.

i can see the point in saying that his personal life shouldn't play a part in whether people appreciate his work (although personally i have no desire to support this guy financially anymore), but to actually listen to these tapes and not conclude that the guy is a racist, sexist, abusive scumbag, never mind thinking that that his girlfriend is worse than him because she taped his abuse, is to have some seriously gigantic blinders on.

and who cares about the legality of verbal abuse - you have to be a pretty terrible person to say things like that to someone. that's the only point people are making - no one's saying he should go to jail for the things he's said. if people decide they don't want to buy things from, or work with, a terrible person, that's their choice. that's the beauty of capitalism!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities