Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

As bad as the tapes are.....why in the world did she give them to the media? I would have only shared that with a judge, not put it out there so my child would be mortified as she got older. That's just wrong.
"Grigorieva has spoken with sheriff's deputies and has provided a statement to them in their domestic violence investigation, Jaffe told CNN Friday. The publicist said Grigorieva did not initiate the investigation.

The recordings "will be part of the investigation," Los Angeles County Sheriff spokesman Steve Whitmore said on Monday.

It is not known how RadarOnline obtained the recordings. Jaffe said Friday that the site did not receive them from Grigorieva.

She "absolutely did not provide any tape to the media," he said."

RadarOnline: Audio captures Gibson death threat against ex-girlfriend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Yes, it is.

Warning: The tape is totally NOT SAFE FOR WORK so put your headphones on or watch it at home, folks.
My g-d.

CLASSIC abuser line: "You have no friends but me."

Horrifying. Just horrifying.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 AM

332 posts, read 772,553 times
Wow, this guy is a true psycho, and what's worse, apparently visits violence upon women. I don't care what she did, nobody deserves to be battered or verbally degraded in that manner. Anyone who defends this scum needs to examine their attitudes toward women.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,671,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
As bad as the tapes are.....why in the world did she give them to the media? I would have only shared that with a judge, not put it out there so my child would be mortified as she got older. That's just wrong.
she claims she didn't give them to the media.

edit: oops, already posted.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
she claims she didn't give them to the media.

edit: oops, already posted.
I've already said this but will say it again--this sounds like a 'fling'/middle aged crazy relationship--he had been married forever and done so many of the things he presumably wanted to do and was at 'loose ends'. I think his present style of saying anything he thinks is abnormal and obviously the alcohol doesn't help--and if he is so far out of control that physical violence exists--then laws apply.
After hearing 'every' obscene thing that can be said --from the mouths of middle school students and those who have been around long enough to know better--I guess I am desensitized. 'Just Shut Up'--but sigh--we have 'Freedom of Speech'.
I have to believe the Founders had no idea just how this could be abused--or maybe they did--they had their hands full at the time--religious freedom. Mel has also enjoyed that right. Mel. Caviezel was struck by lightning while they filmed 'The Passion'--so God has tried to get through to Mel, jmo--it's not easy.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Yes, it is.

Warning: The tape is totally NOT SAFE FOR WORK so put your headphones on or watch it at home, folks.
WHOA.

This guy is straight up crazy. I've never heard a rant so crazy... and the way he keeps panting... What a frightening man.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
I do not give a crap about him or what he says, but this is America, and we do have freedom of speech....

I think it is our media that is out of control.

weren't we all taught in childhood, about sticks and stones......

Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,671,598 times
freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism for what you say.

yes, he has every right to say what he said but the media has the right to report on what he said, people have the right to judge his character based on what he said, his agent has the right to decide that they don't want to work with him, people have the right to decide not to support his work, etc etc.

and it's a little scary how lightly some people on this forum take verbal abuse. there is a huge difference between hearing these kinds of insults from a stranger, friend or acquaintance and hearing them from someone you are or were in a relationship with. comparing this to schoolyard insults misses the point entirely.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism for what you say.

yes, he has every right to say what he said but the media has the right to report on what he said, people have the right to judge his character based on what he said, his agent has the right to decide that they don't want to work with him, people have the right to decide not to support his work, etc etc.

and it's a little scary how lightly some people on this forum take verbal abuse. there is a huge difference between hearing these kinds of insults from a stranger, friend or acquaintance and hearing them from someone you are or were in a relationship with. comparing this to schoolyard insults misses the point entirely.
I will spare you my life story--not implying that you think I take verbal abuse lightly--I don't.

It has come to the point of where do we limit the garbage that freely flows from minds/mouths across the spectrum in all aspects of life.

So--if what MG said horrifies many, most of us--then look at the music industry--specifically rappers. What can I say--'F'--middle school students say it all--they heard somebody else say it. It isn't socially acceptable, nor should it be tolerated--I spent a considerable amount of time attempting to address that issue. To little avail.

It is almost mind boggling to know where the line is--that is my only point. If X can say what he/she wants, then Y also has the 'Right'. Unless we want to 'Go There'--I don't know how you rationalize that anyone cannot speak their 'Truth'. I don't care for any of it.
sigh--I have heard so many political theories--what does Rush Limbaugh say about Mel--he has been known to rant insanely. There is a long list of those who rant--what they do at home, I would prefer not to know. I can imagine. When it comes to exceptionally unacceptable behavior--apply the laws. The domestic violence is more of a concern to me --the verbal abuse is part of that.
Once I was upset, my brother had died/cancer and I couldn't find a library book. I raised my voice in the library--the staff person was required by law to tell me that she would call the police. That was a couple of years ago--I finally found the book. Then happened to read that staff members of that branch had to resign because they hadn't contacted LE--some patrons were exposing themselves to others. This is in a suburban area of Atlanta, FWIW. 'Verbal abuse'--raising your voice in the library--I have many more stories. Not too funny to me--how this all trickles down--with the best intentions.
CA can decide. I know MG needs to shut his mouth and do something about himself--'Braveheart', etc. He is capable of getting himself under control.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 07-13-2010 at 11:27 AM..

Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,932,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I do not give a crap about him or what he says, but this is America, and we do have freedom of speech....

I think it is our media that is out of control.

weren't we all taught in childhood, about sticks and stones......

Thank you... freedom of speech is just that. The freedom to say what you want, whether it's nice or not. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Not that I'm sorry it's that way, but sorry that freedom of speech doesn't mean not freedom of getting your feelings hurt.

Not that I like the guy, but I'm gonna say this is all a little too convenient for her. And there's no woman in the world that would stay so calm during "discussions" like the kind on these tapes. There's no woman who wouldn't just hang up. Unless of course she's setting someone up.

Does what he says make me sick, yep. Does her encouraging and setting him up make me sick, yep. Nice way to air your dirty laundry in public. And it cracks me up that some people still wanna become famous! LOL Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities