U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM

503 posts, read 378,826 times

Advertisements

who would you want to play them?
I love Janis Joplin and want Dana Fuchs to play her
(if they ever make a movie about her)

YouTube - Janis Joplin - Ball And Chain live in Germany 69
Janis

YouTube - Gov't Mule 12-31-09 "Ball & Chain"
Dana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 04:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 964,905 times
I'd love to see a biopic made of Howlin' Wolf. But who the hell would play him?

Howlin' Wolf, "Smokestack Lighthing" (live)

Howlin' Wolf, "I'm Leaving You"

Howlin' Wolf, "Back Door Man"

Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 PM

102 posts, read 123,962 times
Barbra Streisand played by Christina Aguilera.

YouTube - (HQ) Christina Aguilera - "You Lost Me" 6/9 Letterman (TheAudioPerv.com)

Imagine her beltin the hell out of People or Evergreen.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,868,546 times
Gosh, do you know how long I read the title trying to figure out was a 'biopic' was? I thought it was eye surgery or something.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 AM

422 posts, read 382,143 times
Janis Joplin but I vote for Joss Stone. My second choice is a Prince biopic with Trey Songz. Not sure if either of them has the acting chops but I would love to see them try.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:30 PM

2,193 posts, read 3,124,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
Janis Joplin but I vote for Joss Stone. My second choice is a Prince biopic with Trey Songz. Not sure if either of them has the acting chops but I would love to see them try.
I can totally see Drake playing Prince LMAO.

I love Janet Jackson & would love for someone like Keshia Knight Pulliam play her.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM

4,538 posts, read 5,687,941 times
Not necessarily my favorite singer, but I would love to see a bio of Frank Sinatra. There is talk about an upcoming Scorsese project with Al Pacino as Frank and Robert De Niro as Dean Martin. Not sure about this from what I have been reading about it

Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM

45,234 posts, read 6,343,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Not necessarily my favorite singer, but I would love to see a bio of Frank Sinatra. There is talk about an upcoming Scorsese project with Al Pacino as Frank and Robert De Niro as Dean Martin. Not sure about this from what I have been reading about it
I hope this is just a rumor. As much as I like Pacino and DeNiro there is NO WAY they could pull off being Sinatra and Martin.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:59 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,020,352 times
I think a biopic of Waylon Jennings would work, just have his son Shooter play as him, use Hollywood magic to make him get older through the years, cover his time in Texas with Buddy Holly, roomates with Johnny Cash (cameo of Jouaquine Phoenix), relationships with Willie Nelson, George Jones and other singers, relationship with his wife Jessi Colter, his cocaine addiction, Balladeer of the Dukes of Hazzard, and how he changed his life after a 1987 heart attack.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I think a biopic of Waylon Jennings would work, just have his son Shooter play as him, use Hollywood magic to make him get older through the years, cover his time in Texas with Buddy Holly, roomates with Johnny Cash (cameo of Jouaquine Phoenix), relationships with Willie Nelson, George Jones and other singers, relationship with his wife Jessi Colter, his cocaine addiction, Balladeer of the Dukes of Hazzard, and how he changed his life after a 1987 heart attack.
Couldn't agree with you more. Waylon's life would make a great story. I think ending it after he changed his life in the mid 80's and the success of the Highwaymen would be good.

The Juoquin Phoenix cameo would be badass too. He really nailed that role playing Johnny Cash. I wish they would have had more scenes with Waylon (Shooter) in Walk the Line because they were really good friends (like brothers) through a large part of each others' lives.

Ah the good ol' days...back when country had teeth...and wasn't afraid to use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities