Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 03:29 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,148,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
What i don't understand is, if the judge gives a sentence, then LL deceides to appeal, what exactly is appeal? is she basically trying to change the judges mind?

If the Judge say 90 days, then it should be 90 days..

Dont you all wish it was Judge Judy, that would have been great !!!

Just do the 20 days and move on. She had three felonies. As far as I'm concerned, 90 days which will become 20 is getting a pass. What is she complaining about? I wish the judge could resentence. Ok, you don't like your 90 day going to be 20. Im going to give you max sentence for each felony. Aren't you glad you appealed it? Didn't want twenty days, now you got five years....enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Just do the 20 days and move on. She had three felonies. As far as I'm concerned, 90 days which will become 20 is getting a pass. What is she complaining about? I wish the judge could resentence. Ok, you don't like your 90 day going to be 20. Im going to give you max sentence for each felony. Aren't you glad you appealed it? Didn't want twenty days, now you got five years....enjoy.
That's the truth. I know nothing of CA law. In GA--possession of a controlled substance would be dealt with a bit more seriously according to the news I find.
Also, some sort of evaluation of mental competency could/would be required.
I know someone who wasn't as fortunate as poor Lindsay.
No need for her to move to GA.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Yes, I agree with you.......

maybe one of these celebrities needs to be made an example.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:06 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
She absolutely got a pass. I personally know someone who spent a year in prison for only ONE of the crimes that Lindsey committed. And it was a female as well, she had a felony possession charge, got probation, messed up her probation and BOOM year in prison.

I knew some real characters in my college days.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM

It's 'even worse' now--with all the 'awareness' of the substnce abuse, domestic violence issues--it's beyond the scope of LE to 'know' what the problems may be. The laws are written broadly--a LE officer can only make an assessment --'what a reasonable person' would do.

There have been days in Atlanta traffic--filled with cell phone drivers and those who are fuming from sitting in gridlock that I have behaved in a less than 'reasonable' style. Around Christmas we were sitting at a light in the middle of a preschool pickup line--no where to go--we sat through several lights--the person behind me chose to start honking--could clearly see that there was no where to go--wanted me to move forward--blocking the intersction--according to GA law--this is not allowed--emergency vehicles must be able to navigate traffic at all times. I am afraid I yelled at her. Could have gone to jail--'violent', 'threatening'--I said --'What do you think I can do'--fortunately, I didn't go to jail that time--it could happen. I watch my step--being w/o our Lindsay's exceptional talents.

2 DUI's--/gavel--in these parts--off you go. 'Red state'--that's what it takes over here. We are insane and broke and so that is the plan.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
LMAO am I the only 1 who doesn't feel sorry for this betch? She gets what she deserves. Keep it classy in the slammer Lohan

Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM

97 posts, read 348,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Funny thing is I don't think LL can ever redeem herself as an serious actress in Hollywood any more.
Amen.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
LMAO am I the only 1 who doesn't feel sorry for this betch? Classy.
'Acting'. Had my parents not been insanely opposed to 'frivolous' pursuits I could have taken Lindsay down in that category.

we've come a long way from 'Shirley Temple'--she was disgustingly 'cute' and too sweet--that problem has been rectified

I wonder what Hayley Mills thinks of Lindsay--she made the original 'Parent Trap'--then---a few others--I think Patty Duke's TV show was a spin off of Parent Trap can't recall--Patty went through some moments of insanity--then pulled herself together--IIRC, became an academy president--some sort of leader of actors

flash forward 20 years or so--it is Oscar night in Hollywood--and the now reformed LL takes the stage to present the Lifetime Achievement Award or the ?? one they give to those whose contributions are beyond anything --I hope I am no longer around

Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
and now she's checked herself into rehab!!

Lindsay Lohan Checks Into Sober-Living Facility - Rehab, Health, Lindsay Lohan : People.com

Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Probably a better place to start the "dryout" process...but I would still like her to do some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities