Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times

Advertisements

Oh, you geezers are fun.

So what if she will be irrelevant in a decade. The music landscape it littered with people who are going to be irrelevant in a decade, with the critics and geezers groaning about how horrible it is. This has been going on for as long as music has been around.

Let the kids have their fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Oh, you geezers are fun.

So what if she will be irrelevant in a decade. The music landscape it littered with people who are going to be irrelevant in a decade, with the critics and geezers groaning about how horrible it is. This has been going on for as long as music has been around.

So now at 26 I'm a 'geezer'??

There is plenty of good music out there...but you have to turn the radio stations off and actually get off your butt and look for it.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
FIND??? That's the point....use to be a time when you didn't need mining tools to find good music. It was normal. EWF, Stevie Wonder, Cameo, Peter Frampton, Styxx, Rod Stewart, Michael Jackson, The Isley Bros.......You could keep the radio on. That alone should tell you that we are in a serious decline in quality of talent and music.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, you geezers are fun.

The point is the question.....

"Why is Kesha so popular?" I gave the reason....with all my Geezer Wisdom.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
There were dumb or annoying musicians who had hits back when too. There have even been the "famous for being famous" types (unlike her sister Eva, who had a TV series and did that cute The Rescuers movie, Zsa Zsa Gabor is mostly known for being Zsa Zsa Gabor. I'm not sure I can think of anything she did that wasn't just her being Zsa Zsa. Although on looking her up she apparently did have some possibly notable roles, not as herself, in the 1950s) for many decades as Walter Winchell apparently coined the term. Still I might agree that there seems to be a bit more of the "famous for being famous" thing since reality TV arose.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:37 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default I don't even know who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Seriously? Why is she famous?
So whatever circles she runs in or whatever reason she has been made famous, she is no more relevant to me than a pimple on butt of an elderly school teacher in some backwoods province in Ethiopia.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Seriously? Why is she famous?

LOL, she can't be that famous, I have not a clue as to who she even is.
I hope that makes you feel better.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
Some of her songs are catchy, just like Miley Cyrus girl...but I am not going to go out and purchase their music....want to talk about lyrics there is many songs out there from MANY era's that have weird or inappropriate language in them....

Old 08-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
There were dumb or annoying musicians who had hits back when too. There have even been the "famous for being famous" types (unlike her sister Eva, who had a TV series and did that cute The Rescuers movie, Zsa Zsa Gabor is mostly known for being Zsa Zsa Gabor. I'm not sure I can think of anything she did that wasn't just her being Zsa Zsa. Although on looking her up she apparently did have some possibly notable roles, not as herself, in the 1950s) for many decades as Walter Winchell apparently coined the term. Still I might agree that there seems to be a bit more of the "famous for being famous" thing since reality TV arose.

What does Zsa Zsa have to do with music? Every era had so weak links. There seems to be more weak ones today than ever before. Again...the mere fact that you have to "search" for quality music is just foreign to me! SEARCH?? That implies that it's hidden away....not readily abundant.

That alone is an indictment on today's music culture. I've never heard so many artists using voice enhancers in my life!!! Even Usher is using it!! And he's one of the few left that really had a respectable voice.

YouTube - Usher - OMG ft. will.i.am

Old 08-28-2010, 12:38 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,450 times
Quote:
Oh, you geezers are fun.

Um, I'm 22 & I'm sure as hell NOT a geezer. I freakin started this thread!

PS- I am a HUGE GaGa fan though! I'd definitely call myself a "monster"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities