Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 06:12 PM

159 posts, read 511,233 times

Advertisements

Actually, Kesha can actually sing. You just need to listen to some of her older songs before she signed with the record companies.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Wof32u1-Q

It's pretty sad how someone talented like her can end up making horrible music that makes her seem trashy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggabq View Post
Actually, Kesha can actually sing. You just need to listen to some of her older songs before she signed with the record companies.

It's pretty sad how someone talented like her can end up making horrible music that makes her seem trashy.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 AM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggabq View Post

That was good! She actually has a voice. Ke$ha should do music like that.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:27 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
FIND??? That's the point....use to be a time when you didn't need mining tools to find good music. It was normal. EWF, Stevie Wonder, Cameo, Peter Frampton, Styxx, Rod Stewart, Michael Jackson, The Isley Bros.......You could keep the radio on. That alone should tell you that we are in a serious decline in quality of talent and music.

Those get b.o.r.i.n.g after a while, you can find them on any Classic Rock station....and Ive always hated Micheal Jackson's music.
All of it gets old, and sucks to work out to.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Those get b.o.r.i.n.g after a while, you can find them on any Classic Rock station....and Ive always hated Micheal Jackson's music.
All of it gets old, and sucks to work out to.

Yeah....I can see how people actually SINGING and actually playing REAL instruments can be quite foreign to today's mentality. Kinda puncuates my point of how far down the bunny hole this generation has fallen.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Yeah....I can see how people actually SINGING and actually playing REAL instruments can be quite foreign to today's mentality. Kinda puncuates my point of how far down the bunny hole this generation has fallen.
Oh gag me with a spatula. Spare me the condescending "Back in my day we had REAL music" schpeal. Every generation thinks its music is better. I happen to be a rare young one that realizes that mine didnt invent it, we're just adding our own layers.

This is why its important to be well-rounded. Trust me, I have ALOT of old-school music in my Ipod, including the music of some people from the 20's. I have an entire 50+ song album of Bing Crosby, if that gives you a clue, as well as Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole, along with quite a few others. We wont go into how much Beethoven, Chopin,Handel, Mozart or any of the other masters. THOSE artists make Michael Jackson and all the other classic rock bands sound like nothing more than toddlers playing on pots and pans.

Give me an era and Ive got music from it (all on one of those convienient new-fangled music holdin thingamajigs, that holds music AND takes pictures too). But Im telling you, that music from the artists/genre that you mentioned above gets old, and needs to be switched around sometimes. Yes, that includes different sounds, and different ways to make those sounds. I get tired of one era, move to the next, then go back, then find something new.

Its called variety. You might try it sometime.

Last edited by Colddiamond102; 08-29-2010 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-30-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Oh gag me with a spatula. Spare me the condescending "Back in my day we had REAL music" schpeal. Every generation thinks its music is better. I happen to be a rare young one that realizes that mine didnt invent it, we're just adding our own layers.

This is why its important to be well-rounded. Trust me, I have ALOT of old-school music in my Ipod, including the music of some people from the 20's. I have an entire 50+ song album of Bing Crosby, if that gives you a clue, as well as Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole, along with quite a few others. We wont go into how much Beethoven, Chopin,Handel, Mozart or any of the other masters. THOSE artists make Michael Jackson and all the other classic rock bands sound like nothing more than toddlers playing on pots and pans.

Give me an era and Ive got music from it (all on one of those convienient new-fangled music holdin thingamajigs, that holds music AND takes pictures too). But Im telling you, that music from the artists/genre that you mentioned above gets old, and needs to be switched around sometimes. Yes, that includes different sounds, and different ways to make those sounds. I get tired of one era, move to the next, then go back, then find something new.

Its called variety. You might try it sometime.
Oh...there's always been variety. We're talking about QUALITY...not variety. I could listen to Duran Duran, David Sanborn, Luther Vandross, Cameo, Madonna, Gladys Knight, RUN DMC, Al Jarreau, Public Enemy, George Michael, George Clinton and more.......... That's variety!!! But guess what?? They all produced quality sound. Even back then thew variety had "quality"........

Can you honestly listen to these two songs and tell me there's not a serious drop off of product??? REALLY???

YouTube - Keith Washington - Kissing You

YouTube - Trey Songz - Say Aah (Video)

Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Oh...there's always been variety. We're talking about QUALITY...not variety. I could listen to Duran Duran, David Sanborn, Luther Vandross, Cameo, Madonna, Gladys Knight, RUN DMC, Al Jarreau, Public Enemy, George Michael, George Clinton and more.......... That's variety!!! But guess what?? They all produced quality sound. Even back then thew variety had "quality"........

Can you honestly listen to these two songs and tell me there's not a serious drop off of product??? REALLY???

YouTube - Keith Washington - Kissing You

YouTube - Trey Songz - Say Aah (Video)
Not true. For every decent song on the radio throughout the last few decades, there were probably 20 that were pretty crappy...the same applies today. We only remember the ones that caught our attention and block out the ones that weren't all that great. I have quite a vinyl collection and I can tell you right now that a lot of artists had a few good songs and a lot of filler...just like artists today. All of the artists you mention had some great tunes, but also had some pretty crappy stuff as well.

Personally, I prefer groups that can play acoustically and still sound great. No autotune, no amps, no electricity....just instruments and vocals.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:27 AM

461 posts, read 1,449,333 times
I thought Ke$ha was famous because she broke into Prince's house and puked in Paris Hilton's closet. Now Prince, talk about true talent.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katimae View Post
I thought Ke$ha was famous because she broke into Prince's house and puked in Paris Hilton's closet. Now Prince, talk about true talent.

But he's from that era gone by!!! The one I'm talking about. Tell me who is big now that will be revered like Prince 30 years from now??

Justin Beiber?? Trey Songz??? GaGa??? Must folk are already tired of them.

There's a huge void in music today. and nothing but crap (like Ke$ha)seems to be filling it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities