Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times

Advertisements

Let's see.. when I was 18 I still wanted a pony, McDonald's had the best food around and I swore I wasn't going to marry anyone with less than a million bucks in the bank.

Hmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 04:27 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
yea, normally one of the good things about being 18 is you have a lot of ideas but no way to enact them. Too bad Benning is willing to pay. 18 is a legal adult. So...go be an adult and figure out how to get this done on your own. I'll support you emotionally even if I disagree with the time frame.
No way would a 'normal' 18 year old be able to get this done without counseling, money, and PULL. Maybe they can't stop it but I don't think they should facilitate it. Every 18 year old changes their mind too often.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Just throwing this out there:
Do you think there is any possibility she is going through this identity crisis as some sort of teen rebellion towards having a dad who slept with anyone who had a heart beat through the 60's-70's and 80's? I mean...the man DID get around. Of course, when Warren B was younger, he WAS super hot.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:47 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Do you think there is any possibility she is going through this identity crisis as some sort of teen rebellion towards having a dad who slept with anyone who had a heart beat through the 60's-70's and 80's? I mean...the man DID get around. Of course, when Warren B was younger, he WAS super hot.
I don't think Warren's legendary past would be a factor. I don't presume to know what physical, psychological or emotional criteria are involved in transgender changes, if that is anywhere close to the correct term.

I don't live in LA or have insider knowledge of the beliefs of A list Hollywood but I infer that they are open about sexuality. If Warren had many sexual experiences prior to marriage I would think that would be 'accepted', as would other forms of sexuality.

Annette is something of a Feminist's Feminist.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I understand where you're going with this but I don't think that could be the case.

Yes Warren Beatty was quite the ladies man but that was all before he married Annette Benning there for being long before she was even born.

If anything it showed her how he settled down and owned up to his responsibilities.

I'm not saying it might not be some kind of rebellion.
I do agree with those who say they feel she's too young to make this kind of decision and no I wouldn't offer to pay for it.
I realise that those who are 18 or close to it think they know everything but what happens years later when she realized she was wrong.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:10 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
She is too young goodness that is something she would have a difficult time undoing. I googled pre-op requirements and it seems there is quite a few. The female to male cost over $50k it is more complicated than the MtF.

Leading American Academy of Phalloplasty Surgeons adhere to “The Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association's Standards Of Care For Gender Identity Disorders.”

A suitable candidate for transgender sex change must:

* be at least age 18 years of age;
* have parental permission for this gender reassignment surgery if under 20 years old;
* have completed their Real-Life Experience; and
* have two letters of psychiatric approval for FtM gender transformation surgery.

Leading surgeons also require a suitable candidate for FtM transsexual surgery to have been diagnosed with gender identity disorder, gender dysphoria or associated conditions. In addition, they want a suitable candidate for female to male sexual reassignment surgery to have:

* undergone at least one year of anti-androgens and/or hormonal treatment; and
* lived full-time as a man for at least one year with "documented real-life experience".

Old 10-01-2010, 06:14 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Warren Beatty’s Daughter: The Media Is Kind and Gentle—Or Carefully Controlled

I read about this some time back; surprised it never made it into a thread here.
I think the "issue" is destroying the marriage of Beatty and Bening. Too bad. Must be hard for parents to cope with certain issues; but even worse when each parent has a different perspective.
Best wishes to them all.
Maybe she/he will fall in love with Cher's daughter/son Chastity/Chaz and they will live happily ever after in some strange, sick, perverted way.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Maybe she/he will fall in love with Cher's daughter/son Chastity/Chaz and they will live happily ever after in some strange, sick, perverted way.

20yrsinBranson
that wouldn't work. they both want to be dudes and are into chicks.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM

11 posts, read 15,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
I cannot imagine how hard it must be to be born into the wrong body. I feel these people need our compassion. I try not to judge people harshly since I would not like to be judged harshly if I were in the same situation.

I was fortunate enough to know a transgender who changed from a man to a woman. She was brave in that she allowed reporters and photographers to publish her story in mainstream magazines. I would like to see Chaz do what he needs to do to live a happy, fulfilled life.

Hopefully Stephen Beatty will be able to wait awhile to get the operation. I wish Stephen and his family peace.

Last edited by 21flip21; 06-02-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 07:22 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
2 years later= second thoughts

Warren Beatty's transgender son Stephen is 'having second thoughts about taking final step in sex change' | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities