U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 AM

2,522 posts, read 3,744,140 times

Advertisements

God, haven't heard from her in ages..no appearances on the late night talk shows...no jokes made about her assets anymore....

And I had such great mammeries of buying "Dolly's greates t its too as a child!

Wonder what happened to the endowed one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhmxg5qUmYM

Pour myself a cup of ambition indeed!...I think dollys boobs pretty much define the late 70's/early 80's.....great unwritten book..."The 70's as seen through Dolly Parton's boobs"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqiwEafCJ74
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 05:01 AM

3,511 posts, read 2,442,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
God, haven't heard from her in ages..no appearances on the late night talk shows...no jokes made about her assets anymore....

And I had such great mammeries of buying "Dolly's greates t its too as a child!

Wonder what happened to the endowed one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhmxg5qUmYM
You haven't met my old man yet! LOL Quit tripping on your tongue dad! She would probably break your old feeble face anyway with those cannons! LMAO

Old 10-23-2010, 05:13 AM

How did she look older 26 years ago?

Marvel of modern science?
Attached Thumbnails
What ever happened to Dolly Parton?-dp.jpg  

Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 AM

3,511 posts, read 2,442,512 times
This was actually a decent movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKAA2VxWY8

Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 AM

13,856 posts, read 13,772,811 times
She was on a Norah Jones CD a few years ago. I think she was also nominated for an Oscar a few years back for a song in Transamerica, that movie about the Transvestite. (She's relatively socially liberal for a country singer)

Wikipedia says she's going to do a movie with Queen Latifah. She also did some tour in 2008, but had to cut it short due to back problems. She also presented the commencement address at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville last year.

Dolly Parton's Commencement Speech | UT Knoxville | Spring 2009 Commencement - It has a video, but not Youtube.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:37 AM

364 posts, read 364,158 times
You might find Dolly celebrating the 25th anniversary of opening Dollywood. That's located in Pigeon Forge, Tn. Though she may not be in the spotlight, she ain't dead yet.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
She was on a Norah Jones CD a few years ago. I think she was also nominated for an Oscar a few years back for a song in Transamerica, that movie about the Transvestite. (She's relatively socially liberal for a country singer)

Wikipedia says she's going to do a movie with Queen Latifah. She also did some tour in 2008, but had to cut it short due to back problems. She also presented the commencement address at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville last year.

Dolly Parton's Commencement Speech | UT Knoxville | Spring 2009

Commencement - It has a video, but not Youtube.
Thomas, I think everyone in the entertainment industry has done a movie with Queen Latifah at this point...Also, Hmmmm, wonder why she has back problems?.That's certainly not a surprise!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 AM

2,178 posts, read 5,045,323 times
She isn't dead. She still does the wig and makeup thing for public appearences.
Last I heard she still does some touring.
She was on Letterman I think it was not long ago and sang a song. Still sounds great. Still looks great. With some help of course.
Spends a lot of time promoting Dollywood and charities.
Her style of music probably doesn't fit into what is today supposed to be Country music which to me isn't country music anymore.
But I'm about the same age as her. I'm 63 and I think she is within a year or two, plus or minus.
If you want a good chuckle, go to You tube and search for Johnny Carson's famous interview with Dolly Parton.
She is one of my favorites. Never has been and never will be another Dolly Parton.
She grew up dirt poor in the mountains of east Tennessee. And look what she has become. A world famous entertainer in her time and one of a kind.
I heard someone ask her once how she kept her waist so small. She said "nothing grows in the shade". LOL

Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Status: "Ain't it great to be alive on City-Data?" (set 3 days ago)

36,565 posts, read 19,540,123 times
Default Regarding This Thread's Subject

You mean you can't do a Google-search??? She is very much alive and in her early 60s. She just hasn't made a lot of recordings in recent years, but she has been on a few talk shows. You just haven't heard much from her lately.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
She isn't dead. She still does the wig and makeup thing for public appearences.
Last I heard she still does some touring.
She was on Letterman I think it was not long ago and sang a song. Still sounds great. Still looks great. With some help of course.
Spends a lot of time promoting Dollywood and charities.
Her style of music probably doesn't fit into what is today supposed to be Country music which to me isn't country music anymore.
But I'm about the same age as her. I'm 63 and I think she is within a year or two, plus or minus.
If you want a good chuckle, go to You tube and search for Johnny Carson's famous interview with Dolly Parton.
She is one of my favorites. Never has been and never will be another Dolly Parton.
She grew up dirt poor in the mountains of east Tennessee. And look what she has become. A world famous entertainer in her time and one of a kind.
I heard someone ask her once how she kept her waist so small. She said "nothing grows in the shade". LOL
Before I even post this, I remember seeing that interview with Carson per, "I would give anything to peek under that dress"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvgIAO3S_M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities