Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,782,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Kanye is a d-bag, period. Ohh... he also hates white people.
What makes you believe he hates white folks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 AM

12,879 posts, read 13,542,551 times
he could take a lesson from Jimi Hendrix. How do you top the charts world wide when your new album was created over forty years ago. Its interesting that Jimi Hendrix made a statement forty years ago that illuminates the problems with young musical artist , the more money you have the more blues you are going to have. Being a celebrity makes it more difficult to focus on the quality of your music. IMO Kanye is using these antics to sell his music.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:21 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,623,869 times
This guy is a total an absolute narcissist. He's taken with what he perceives as his own importance, but he's intellectually, emotionally, and epathetically lacking.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,527,238 times
The reason I said I don't think he should apologize is that it would be so insincere it would be laughable. He is too out of touch with reality to really think he did anything wrong. And, anyway, I don't want to hear his apology and give him more air time.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM

36 posts, read 52,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post

He was right about the Taylor/Beyonce thing. At the same time, being IN the music industry, he should have known that awards don't always go to the most deserving. Who gives a crap about an MTV award anyway? He should have known better.
Eww no way. Beyonce's video was so awful, I didn't get the hype at all. It was boring and absolutely craptastic!

Old 11-28-2010, 08:36 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,429,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Not his biggest fan, but he does make some sense in what he says. He just picks the wrong venues to do it at. If I was a celebrity, I wouldn't want to just shut up and sing or shut up and smile for the cameras. I would want to be able to express my opinion.

He was right about the Taylor/Beyonce thing. At the same time, being IN the music industry, he should have known that awards don't always go to the most deserving. Who gives a crap about an MTV award anyway? He should have known better.
So if you hired a plumber to fix your pipes, you would not mine him standing around in your house giving you his opinion on his world views? No different than d-bag Kanye or any other celebrity giving their opinions when what they should be doing is sing or act as they were hired to do.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:29 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,860,003 times
It's one thing for Kanye to have an opinion for he's only human, and we understand the whole crutch argument of "freedom of expression", but that DOESN'T EXCUSE him for acting out like a punk. Just doesn't. Man needs to humble himself with dignity, respect, and integrity.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:13 AM

664 posts, read 850,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So if you hired a plumber to fix your pipes, you would not mine him standing around in your house giving you his opinion on his world views? No different than d-bag Kanye or any other celebrity giving their opinions when what they should be doing is sing or act as they were hired to do.

they are people and they should be able to speak their minds just like you do. what kind of mess is that? what kind of foolishness are you talkin'? so they should sit back and shut up? please! these people have mouths just like you. you can't shut them up. if they want to speak out about somethin', they should do it! do you not give your two cents every now and then?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 AM

18,356 posts, read 31,429,080 times
First off, the guy is ugly.

Second, he actually has fans?
people do like him?

he is a first class moron, that needs to keep his stupid mouth shut.

Could anyone really put any stock into what (insert laugh here) a "rapper" has to say, you gotta be kidding me!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 AM

19,574 posts, read 20,016,492 times
I heard he likes fishsticks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities