U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 PM

11,675 posts, read 12,833,821 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge Travolta fan. Love he and his family. I don't care if he's in denial about his sexuality. Don't care if Kelly is in denial about it. Don't care if he's gay or straight. I'm a gay activist and I only hope that IF he is indeed gay it's sad that he didn't feel he could have been himself years ago and felt a need to hide it.
I honestly don't believe the rumors. If he joined Scientology as an umbrella to throw everyone off track--well that's sad.
He seems happy. His wife seems happy. They seem to truly love and care for each other.
Love and peace to them.

Carrie Fisher should tend to her own issues---and they are many and stop outing people who don't get into her business. She should be ashamed of herself.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,919,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
LOL--"Going off" on Matt Lauer? Please, all Tom did was disagree with him and tell Lauer that he didn't know the history of psychology like he did. Cruise was merely espousing his strong, personal beliefs about his faith. Something that I'm pretty sure are given to us via the !st Ammendment. Also, Cruise has undoubtedly known women in his Scientology group who have overcome such psychological maladies as PPD, thus he was only trying to relate these experiences and perhaps prevent Shields from having to rely on medication, which always has side-effects and is usually over-prescribed by shrinks anyway, since it's easier to toss drugs at people than to take the time and effort to help them with therapy.
If Cruise ain't your cup of tea, cool. But let's not accuse him of things he didn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I'm a huge Travolta fan. Love he and his family. I don't care if he's in denial about his sexuality. Don't care if Kelly is in denial about it. Don't care if he's gay or straight. I'm a gay activist and I only hope that IF he is indeed gay it's sad that he didn't feel he could have been himself years ago and felt a need to hide it.
I honestly don't believe the rumors. If he joined Scientology as an umbrella to throw everyone off track--well that's sad.
He seems happy. His wife seems happy. They seem to truly love and care for each other.
Love and peace to them.

Carrie Fisher should tend to her own issues---and they are many and stop outing people who don't get into her business. She should be ashamed of herself.
Good post, Pippy.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM

43,858 posts, read 41,133,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

Wonder if this has anything to do with her outburst:

Quote:
Fisher is currently promoting her one-woman show "Wishful Drinking", which is based on her life and addresses her failed relationship to Hollywood agent Bryan Lourd, who is the father of their 18-year-old daughter Billie and who left her for another man. The show was recently turned into an HBO television special.
Source: http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/John-Travolta-is-gay--Carrie-Fisher-says--adding:-Im-sorry-that-hes-uncomfortable-with-it/784075 (broken link)

Seems to me she is promoting her own story by trying to drag in Travolta's name only for publicity reasons and may have a gay-vendetta her own self.

I agree with you....she should be ashamed.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
We have all heard these rumors for years, But good old Carrie is as blunt as a sledge hammer. I wonder if his Scientology team of lawyers will swoop in.
Carrie and John have been friends for years and I do agree with what she says- No one will care, why cant he be honest about it?

Everyone Knows John Travolta Is Gay, Says Carrie Fisher | Radar Online
Since I do not plan on marrying him or sleeping with him, it doesn't really matter to me.

He is a credible actor. I am not interested in his personal life.

It's really none of Carrie's business anyway. Doesn't she have more constructive things to talk about?

Old 12-13-2010, 11:48 AM

21,385 posts, read 23,096,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
We have all heard these rumors for years, But good old Carrie is as blunt as a sledge hammer. I wonder if his Scientology team of lawyers will swoop in.
Carrie and John have been friends for years and I do agree with what she says- No one will care, why cant he be honest about it?

Everyone Knows John Travolta Is Gay, Says Carrie Fisher | Radar Online
I didn't know Travolta was gay. But he does have an older brother. Gay men are more likely to have older brothers, so it's one more potential piece of evidence.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I didn't know Travolta was gay. But he does have an older brother. Gay men are more likely to have older brothers, so it's one more potential piece of evidence.
you are joking-right?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:24 PM

13,360 posts, read 38,375,011 times
Pippy, don't know how 'official' it is, but there have been articles that mentioned that fraternal birth order has an effect on sexual orientation (for men).
LINK

I think Carrie Fisher is kind of weird for what she did, and am unconcerned about whether or not it is true.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Pippy, don't know how 'official' it is, but there have been articles that mentioned that fraternal birth order has an effect on sexual orientation (for men).
LINK

I think Carrie Fisher is kind of weird for what she did, and am unconcerned about whether or not it is true.
no one has even established that he is gay.
OMG-I have got to not come back to this thread as it is annoying me much.

Carrie Fisher---worry about your own fat azz,declining celebrity,drinking and drug problem and basically F'off

Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,739,153 times
I admire John Travolta as an actor. I don't care whether he is gay or not.

Think about great professionals you know, whatever area they happen to work at: actor, doctor, chef, etc. Are they less capable of doing a great job for being gay? Would you not appreciate their work bc they are gay? OMG, I could not care less. I would certainly see a movie, see a doctor, or go to a restaurant where a great PERSON does a great job, gay or not.

Think about the nicest people you know; people with great character, kind, generous, etc. If you found out they were gay, would that matter to you? Would you look at them differently? I sure wouldn't.

Whether he is, or isn't, this is his business, not mine. Btw, I do not know of any obligation that he or anybody else should have to tell others whether they are gay or not.

People would be much happier if they cared about their business instead of pointing their holier-than-thou fingers to others.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM

12,253 posts, read 14,796,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Shows how much I listen to gossip, this is news to me even though hubby has mentioned it once or twice. I no longer like Travolta because of his choice in theology. Just like Tom Cruise.
Has he done something to you personally to make you dislike him I know it's off topic but it just seems a little strange to dislike someone solely because of their personal religious beliefs.

EDIT: okay read the rest of the thread. Ok so you dislike him because of Tom Cruise's actions and the fact that they think differently...ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykream View Post
Yes indeed, and freedom of religion means freedom from religion, which means the freedom to criticize religion when you disagree. See how that works? It cuts both ways.
I think there's a slight difference between criticizing a religion and disliking someone because of the religion they practice.

Back to the OP: I wouldn't car if he was gay or not I'd still watch him hand jive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.