Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I will never understand why people would stay with a religion that clearly conflicts with the facts of who they really are. Like Ted Haggard. I just don't get it.
that's confusing to me as well. Maybe cults really do have control of the mind.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I didn't know Travolta was gay. But he does have an older brother. Gay men are more likely to have older brothers, so it's one more potential piece of evidence.

WHAT? Where did you get this profound bit of wisdom?

Old 01-03-2017, 04:03 PM

230 posts, read 173,308 times
I could careless who is gay. What bothers me is lying about it. Be real people.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:09 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Shows how much I listen to gossip, this is news to me even though hubby has mentioned it once or twice. I no longer like Travolta because of his choice in theology. Just like Tom Cruise.
It's a "well known secret" in Hollywood.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:13 PM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
We have all heard these rumors for years, But good old Carrie is as blunt as a sledge hammer. I wonder if his Scientology team of lawyers will swoop in.
Carrie and John have been friends for years and I do agree with what she says- No one will care, why cant he be honest about it?

Everyone Knows John Travolta Is Gay, Says Carrie Fisher - Radar Online
Going way back to the original post, I would answer this way:

1. If "you" are talking about yourself, go ahead and be honest about "it".
2. If "you" are talking about someone else, maybe you should give them their privacy.

A couple of nights ago I watched that Carrie Fisher HBO one woman show. It was hilarious. Well thought out. Well written. Cleverly delivered.

But was she right to do all that talking about other people. Even while I was laughing, that did bother me a bit.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

2. If "you" are talking about someone else, maybe you should give them their privacy.

A couple of nights ago I watched that Carrie Fisher HBO one woman show. It was hilarious. Well thought out. Well written. Cleverly delivered.

But was she right to do all that talking about other people. Even while I was laughing, that did bother me a bit.
Never like people outing others...sexuality is something every person famous or not should be allowed to keep private...

Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 PM

12,281 posts, read 2,968,089 times
I like Carrie and was sad to hear of her demise at just 60 but she did not know John Travolta's sexual preference any more than any other gossip. Just because she's famous doesn't give her special knowledge of his or any other celeb's personal life. If anything I'm disappointed she would jump on the band wagon of focusing on John's sexuality, as if it was any of her business or the public's.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:37 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
What "actions" have they done that are based on their religious beliefs you have disliked? I know a lot of people who are Scientologists and have never noticed any of their faith based "actions" to be offensive, negative, hateful, hurtful, wrong or anything similar. Please, tell me/us what these "actions" are? Oh, I never said you were disgusting. YOU said disgusting.
I think you need to watch Lisa Remini's on Scientology. Those stories are horrific. Definetly a cult!

Old 02-01-2017, 02:01 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Honestly what does it matter? Ricky Martin is gay but he still looks HOT.
Hey, Adam Lambert is openly gay and yet women all the world over absolutely LOVE and ADORE him and wish to bed him.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:41 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Kind of interesting that the scab was picked off this old post. But, for one to hide their sexual orientation implies shame, connecting this with the negativity the heterosexual world has always provoked on homosexuals. There are many Hollywood celebrities, specifically male ones, that hide their orientation. Combine this with the severe need for role models, and how scarce it is for movie actors to be out of the closet, I can't think of how much of a difference it might have made in the lives of young people growing up if they knew there were other people like themselves. For example, when watching the Brady Bunch, if people knew Robert Reed was in fact gay, and that Vinnie Barbarino, and Arnold Horshak on "Welcome Back Kotter" were gay it could have made a big difference. This is an entire class of people that are invisible. For even older Americans, if they knew actors like Montgomery Clift, Rock Hudson, Tab Hunter, Raymond Burr, Johnnie Mathis, Roddy McDowell, or Cesar Romero were gay, it too could have had a positive impact even earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities