Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,421,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You got that right. People need to stop pumping up their egos and let them know they are no smarter and their opinion is no more important than the average person.
I hear that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 01:58 PM

313 posts, read 450,471 times
Celebrities married to non-celebrities have high divorce rates, too.

Celebrities have something in common, and maybe a better understanding of what their world is like. But there's also more awareness, and egos, and that gets 'em eventually.

Average people have less clue to the celebrity world, and I think many of them just can't handle it long-term. I know I sure wouldn't wish to marry one.

Either way is tough.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,066,849 times
Sharon Stone was not married to an average guy, he has money of course.

Celebrities are no different than we are. Marriage has a lot of challenges and is hard to sustain on its own. So throwing another challenge on top of it makes it difficult to be successful. Don't know how Cher, Madonna, and others date some of the people they do but those types of relationship have a short shelf life too.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:28 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
they marry someone they can relate too

Old 12-25-2010, 06:07 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Are you kidding, say I was married to Charlize Theron and she was shooting a movie where a male actor was making love to her, I don't wanna rot in a jail cell as a widow...hell no! Or if she was kissing the guy even, I would bust open the studio door screaming "Get your stinking lips away from my woman! Only I and may be a few of her close female friends can kiss her on the lips!" or something along those lines.

I never cared for money and wouldn't want a dime of her hard earned (e-hem) money and I would make her happy but let's get real, no average Joe would cope with their famous partners lifestyle for too long. It'd be something like the movie "Notting Hill" without the happy ending I image.

OP needs to ask himself/herself, "Why do I want to marry a celebrity?" Is it because you met a famous person and you are both mutually in love or is it because you are infatuated with their fame/lifestyle and want to be a part of it?

Wake up and smell the coffee because seriously, a coffee shop is probably the only thing we share with high profile celebrities.

PS. Charlize, I was kidding about what I said above. Call me, OK?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Another reason may be that in general women usual want to marry equal or "Up" in socail and economic standing. So celebrity women who are are near the summit of both these realms have a small pool to choose from - other celebrities, athletes and maybe a few ultra wealthy business types.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:57 AM

544 posts, read 1,058,284 times
i would think it'd be hard for an average joe to deal with the lide of the celeb papparazzi alone would make me go bonkers

Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Generally I think it would be very hard to trust anyone, avg joe or even other celebs. Hard not to wonder are they into me because of my career?
And what exactly is the avg joe supposed to do when married to a celeb? Tag around behind the entourage of security and assistants? Would you respect yourself after awhile of that? Go to work at the bank or wherever where everyone is asking you about your spouse all the time?
Elizabeth Taylor tried it and it worked for awhile I guess but that's probably because she was already older and not really working. She married that guy she met in rehab. Lasted 5 years as did her previous marriage with a Senator.

Seems like a trend is to marry the average joe of the workplace, didn't Brittany marry a security guy? Julia Roberts married someone involved in the business but more of a worker bee - that's who they meet, that's who has the time to follow them around.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Basically when they meeet a average joe its likely that 99 out of 100 are goldiggers. There is a reason that so mnay lottery winners end up divorce;the money takes its efil ways with human greed.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
The only celebrity that had any sense what so ever, and I am not a big fan of her, is Oprah, she never married but has a partner. There is no reason to marry.

These celebrities should not even bother to marry, since they all divorce anyway, why make a mochery (sp)out of marriage just live together, and when things go sour, just go......and save us ordinary people the news of a divorce of which we could give a rats ass about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities