U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,483,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
There was nothing epic or memorable about that song.

When that song came out and everyone hyped the hell out of it; I was so confused and didn't understand why. The best thing about that song was the beat.

I agree with you Natalay. Alicia Keys is a much better artist and makes better music, but I get bored with her music. I don't really even listen to Beyonce to be honest; her music is simple and if you've heard one song; you've heard them all.
That's exactly how I feel about Alicia keys, plus she can't even dance, and her stuff gets boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 AM

544 posts, read 918,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Crazy in Love is her signature song.
If thats her signature than thats sad all i remember from that song is the oh oh oh butt shaking and jay z's verse...don't remember one word of that song..not even the chorus. But end of the road i can sing in a heartbeat thats a signature song or purple rain.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM

10,652 posts, read 11,343,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
If thats her signature than thats sad all i remember from that song is the oh oh oh butt shaking and jay z's verse...don't remember one word of that song..not even the chorus. But end of the road i can sing in a heartbeat thats a signature song or purple rain.

Didn't say a signature song had to be "deep" or meaningful. The Ohio Players' signature cut is Love Rollercoaster. I just needs to be a smash hit.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 AM

15,226 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
As far as Beyonce and Alicia: I think Alicia has made songs that will stand the test of time better than Beyonce's.

Songs in A Minor was a great cd; I don't know anyone who doesn't like Falling. Beyonce's songs are the type of songs that are fun to sing loud, fun to dance to, you might do them at Karaoke but I can't imagine anyone singing Video Phone ten years from now.

All great artists have at least one it song. I don't think Beyonce has made her it song yet.

OMG without a doubt. Alicia's NY song, (minus the rap part) will most definetely stand the test of time.
Alicia maybe doesn't shake her booty like Beyonce, but for talent, she out shines Beyonce like a star !!!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM

664 posts, read 669,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
I don't believe that Beyonce would have been "AS" popular as she is now had Aaliyah still been alive. While Aaliyah wasn't a powerhouse in terms of her voice, I think what appealed to the most about her back in the 90's was her personality. She was very approachable and very down to earth. folks felt comfortable in her presence.

Beyonce tries too hard to be "on" and "perfect" all of the time. That's not real and that's why alot of folks can't relate to her. So, in addition to her wonderful music and dance moves, Aaliyah had a sweet, yet approachable personality that folks enjoyed being around. And, that would have made Aaliyah stand out and reach a far higher level of popularity over Beyonce.

Aaliyah was amazing! i was a big fan of hers. i remember i use to be so excited about the release of her videos. LOL i couldn't wait to see what cool dance moves she would do. her music was really good too.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
I don't believe that Beyonce would have been "AS" popular as she is now had Aaliyah still been alive. While Aaliyah wasn't a powerhouse in terms of her voice, I think what appealed to the most about her back in the 90's was her personality. She was very approachable and very down to earth. folks felt comfortable in her presence.

Beyonce tries too hard to be "on" and "perfect" all of the time. That's not real and that's why alot of folks can't relate to her. So, in addition to her wonderful music and dance moves, Aaliyah had a sweet, yet approachable personality that folks enjoyed being around. And, that would have made Aaliyah stand out and reach a far higher level of popularity over Beyonce.

actually, Beyonce was a ***** when she as young. there are music Destiny's Child videos up that show her being a ***** man. LOL

Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Crazy in Love is her signature song.

i'm sorry, but that song is not epic at all. LOL

Beyonce, take notes from Brandy and Monica! now these girls have beautiful music, and have stood strong for 10 years. when you hear old Brandy and Monica music, it takes you back to your school days. now that is epic music!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
That's exactly how I feel about Alicia keys, plus she can't even dance, and her stuff gets boring.

see that's the problem with music today. you have to dance and to all this other stuff so people can like you. it's crazy man! back in the day, you didn't have to do all that. you just sang and you were hot!!!!!!! i got a grammy because you were damn good!!!

i feel so sorry for these people that really have talent because they are really getting overlooked. wow, what a shame!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 PM

711 posts, read 944,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
actually, Beyonce was a ***** when she as young. there are music Destiny's Child videos up that show her being a ***** man. LOL
LoL.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:58 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,787,109 times
Quote:
Didn't say a signature song had to be "deep" or meaningful. The Ohio Players' signature cut is Love Rollercoaster. I just needs to be a smash hit.
I don't think a signature song has to be deep or meaningful but I think it has to be something that stands the test of time. I'm in my 20's now; I can't see myself dancing to that 20 years from now but let Doing Tha Butt, Atomic Dogg or Brick House come on and not only will I dance but I know those songs word for word. And those were well before my time Hell I'll even dance to The Macarena because it makes me think of middle school dances and boys I had crushes on but Crazy In Love just doesn't strike me as a song that will still be going strong once the Beyonce star dims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Well Alicia Keys is a singer (or musician because she can play instruments) she's not an entertainer. I'd never go see her in a concert if she was the opening act. You can only watch someone play the piano for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities