U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 AM

15,114 posts, read 23,165,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
see that's the problem with music today. you have to dance and to all this other stuff so people can like you. it's crazy man! back in the day, you didn't have to do all that. you just sang and you were hot!!!!!!! i got a grammy because you were damn good!!!

i feel so sorry for these people that really have talent because they are really getting overlooked. wow, what a shame!
It is nuts, I agree...

But, even though I am not a Whitney fan, she could not dance to save here life and put on boring shows,

but.....she could sing, she didn't have to dance.

Beyonce, while a good performer, would be nothing if she didn't look the way she does, and fortunetely she can dance and is entertaining, here singing, to me is just neither here nor there.

Alicia on the other hand has musical and writing talent, she doesn't need to dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 11:07 AM

10,600 posts, read 11,155,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
It is nuts, I agree...

But, even though I am not a Whitney fan, she could not dance to save here life and put on boring shows,

but.....she could sing, she didn't have to dance.

Beyonce, while a good performer, would be nothing if she didn't look the way she does, and fortunetely she can dance and is entertaining, here singing, to me is just neither here nor there.

Alicia on the other hand has musical and writing talent, she doesn't need to dance.

Alicia is boring....she plays piano. That's her only plus. She's great eye candy too.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think a signature song has to be deep or meaningful but I think it has to be something that stands the test of time. I'm in my 20's now; I can't see myself dancing to that 20 years from now but let Doing Tha Butt, Atomic Dogg or Brick House come on and not only will I dance but I know those songs word for word. And those were well before my time Hell I'll even dance to The Macarena because it makes me think of middle school dances and boys I had crushes on but Crazy In Love just doesn't strike me as a song that will still be going strong once the Beyonce star dims.

quote]
The test of time?? What's it been?? Four years??? Let's wait and see on that, shall we. All I know is you can't hear that intro with thinking of her poppin' that booty (guys anyway). It got the dance floors jumpin'. And that was her biggest solo hit! So far, that's her "Billie Jean". Start a Soul Train line, put on Crazy in Love, and then watch what happens!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Aaliyah was amazing! i was a big fan of hers. i remember i use to be so excited about the release of her videos. LOL i couldn't wait to see what cool dance moves she would do. her music was really good too.

Amazing?? Don't take much to impress you does it? Don't you think that's too strong a description for Aaliyah??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhRj...eature=related

It's the same thing............sexy eye candy. Mediocre voices with studio enhancements. Making boys drool and girls jealous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6W4aK1sbs

Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM

15,114 posts, read 23,165,283 times
[quote=citizenkane2;17285849]
Quote:

The test of time?? What's it been?? Four years??? Let's wait and see on that, shall we. All I know is you can't hear that intro with thinking of her poppin' that booty (guys anyway). It got the dance floors jumpin'. And that was her biggest solo hit! So far, that's her "Billie Jean". Start a Soul Train line, put on Crazy in Love, and then watch what happens!

I hat her Crazy in love song, I hate horns, they pierce thru my ears, has too many meoldy beats or something, sounds to loud.
i just hate everything about this song.

10 years from now, it will be forgotten.

hey, but I'm old...............

Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM

664 posts, read 656,962 times
i can't wait to see that kind of music Beyonce comes out with. i want to see if she changes it up, or does the same thing.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
i can't wait to see that kind of music Beyonce comes out with. i want to see if she changes it up, or does the same thing.

Like Aaliyah did??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AAcgtMjUI

Look neither of them are legends! But "amazing" should be reserved for someone with some strong vocal range. Gladys Knight?? Anita Baker?? Chaka Khan??? Could Aailyah do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMaj1zhk_g

Bee is definitely more talented...sorry.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,435,186 times
Quote:
see that's the problem with music today. you have to dance and to all this other stuff so people can like you. it's crazy man! back in the day, you didn't have to do all that. you just sang and you were hot!!!!!!! i got a grammy because you were damn good!!!

i feel so sorry for these people that really have talent because they are really getting overlooked. wow, what a shame!
What exactly is talent?
1. A great voice?
2. Writing songs with good lyrics that people can relate to?
3. A good dancer/performer.
4. A good life performer etc.

There are so many attributes that could make artist great. Having one of these attributes in abundance is not the kind the of skill I admire. Artistic Versatility is way more important to me.

Beyonce is versatile, and she delivers in most cases. On the other hand, Alicia keys, not so much. 95% of her songs are all about the same love/relationship scenarios. She can't dance, and Her acting is mediocre.

In addition, dancing is way harder than singing. Singing is easy stuff. Either you have a good voice or you don't. Watching some of Beyonce's videos, you can tell she put in the effort to become that good a dancer, be it booty shaking or not.

People don't just get grammies for singing anymore, because it's easy as hell. The standards are higher nowadays.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 01-06-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,362,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Like Aaliyah did??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AAcgtMjUI

Look neither of them are legends! But "amazing" should be reserved for someone with some strong vocal range. Gladys Knight?? Anita Baker?? Chaka Khan??? Could Aailyah do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMaj1zhk_g

Bee is definitely more talented...sorry.
Yeah; I don't get why people say Beyonce's singing isn't that great or average. .

As far as comparing Alicia and Beyonce's vocal abilities; I think it's a bad comparison simply because of the fact their voices are uniquely different. Alicia has more soul and emotion; while Beyonce has more power and range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3duSgotmyVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzlGMxJO7U
If this girl can't sing; than I don't know what singing is.

Now if Christina Aguleria could get her live performances together; she could slay them both.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 PM

12,253 posts, read 15,565,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Exactly it's only been 4 years and already that song is a distant memory. When I think of that song I think of the video not the song, Monique at the BET awards and Jay Z. I remember the chorus and the hook. Since you're talking about the booty popping that means that you're thinking more about the video too than the words. Great videos aren't the same as great songs. I'd say Halo has a better chance of lasting than Crazy in Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Now if Christina Aguleria could get her live performances together; she could slay them both.
I think so too. Speaking of it songs; I think Beautiful is definitely an it song.

Last edited by nat_at772; 01-06-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities