Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Your loss man...

Another point I didn't make that further justifies reality tv star salaries is this: reality TV shows are much cheaper to produce then scripted shows.
So basically we're getting what they paid for. Cheap to make = horrid to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yup mostly, I can handle just a few...

Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yup mostly, I can handle just a few...
I like the ones that are like game shows/challenges where there is something to win (except the dating shows) but the new crop like What Chili wants (what she really wants is Usher back but she screwed that up and no tv show in the world will fix it) Basketball, Football, Tennis Wives and Kendra just escape me. I have no idea why anyone would want to watch anyone go through their normal daily routine.

My favorite reality shows of 2010 were Hair Battle Spectacular, Clean House, How Do I Look and Tabitha's Salon Takeover.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:38 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

ya think???????

Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,972 times
I don't even know what to think of this.

I was at a club in NYC called Pacha. The day I went it was Snooki's birthday bash, and I'm wondering why the HECK should anyone care? What has she done and accomplished? What has she done for the world? It's not like it was reduced fare or anyone got in free either. I just don't know sometimes.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:25 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Well for starters we have the grumpy old lady in 4B that has never been married, maybe is a secret lesbian.? She complains about everything, talks to everyone, about everyone......and has a filthy mouth ta boot.

Then we have the old old lady that lives in 8B who wears all black since her son the doctor died, she sits at the window which seems like all day and all night long, we named her "The Sentinel"

Then there is the other couple in A17 that have been married for years already but have never "consumated" their "whatever".......they have an foster son that is the biggest brat on Earth. The husband is also into men as well, but no man would go near him since he has no teeth as he is afraid of the dentist...has a bad skin condition is is about 300 lbs.

Then we have the tenants below them, but the wife also had a BF and an apartment with him in the neighborhood as well, and the husband does not have a clue. She goes to her other apartment during the day time to be with her lover, while her husband here goes to OTB to place bets all day long.
She then comes home from a long hard day at work, I mean apartment, and continues he life with her husband.
They also have a daughter that is married to a jail bird and goes to the prison the have "married" time with her inmate, I mean husband.....who also sends her letters but somehow got into the hands of my friend the tap dancer and he spread the word around the building that she does certain things to her inmate, I mean husband....

Ok, this is all just in the first episode....

and seriously, 90 % of what I wrote is true....you think I could make this sheet up?????
Wow...that would be the best crazy reality show...EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Only in New York...seriously contact TLC they might want to make your apartment complex their next "BIG Hit" ...lets see title......Living it large in New York? No wait "Reality" Apartment Living- Days of our Lives "
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Love it !!

Tenement Life ....101
The Real World: 'Nightcrawler''s Apartment Complex!

and after that, the season premiere of 'My Crazy Family' by stressedCollegeGirl89

^^
The only two 'reality' shows you will ever need to watch!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:59 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
Wow...that would be the best crazy reality show...EVER!

The Real World: 'Nightcrawler''s Apartment Complex!

and after that, the season premiere of 'My Crazy Family' by stressedCollegeGirl89

^^
The only two 'reality' shows you will ever need to watch!

i agree !!!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 AM

347 posts, read 695,439 times
I like Keeping up with the Kardashians a ton *blush*
But I can't help but think about Kim's sex tape. That sex tape has really made her and her entire family millions! Wonder how her probably brilliant lawyer dad would have felt today about none of them being professionals though.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 PM

42 posts, read 113,422 times
Because this world as drama, and now that's the IN thing for t.v, reality drama. So what better idea but to use uneducated people to sell on T.V!

I do love watching The real housewives of Atlanta though LOL!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,628 times
I basically dont even watch TLC because I pretty much despise all of the shows...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities