U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM

8,039 posts, read 2,318,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
The actresses/stars of today can barely hold a candle to Liz. She was one of those rare creatures that was blessed by God with true beauty - both inside and out. She could literally make me gasp at how beautiful she was in just a slip in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. No plastic surgery or needles required to enhance this lady!

She also lived life in a way I admire. At times recklessly and to excess - but seriously - you only get one shot. Enjoy it. Liz seems to have lived following this quote and had a great time doing it. Rest in Peace - you were one in a million!

“Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting ‘Geronimo!!!’”
Loved the quote if I wasn't being cremated that is what I would want on my tombstone
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM

9,601 posts, read 6,023,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That outfit was very chic for a 22 year old in that time.....it was classy and very chic. Geez....How old are you? Just because young women bounce around half naked today, doesn't mean that's how a 22 year old should dress back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gR-vU44gd4

oh for God's sake and the sake of the dignity of this thread--CHILL OUT!!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM

15,920 posts, read 24,454,067 times
If I hear one more commentator compare her to Angelina Jolie I am going to scream!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If I hear one more commentator compare her to Angelina Jolie I am going to scream!
as if!! A. Jolie is such a fraud. Elizabeth Taylor she is not!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM

she was buried today. That was fast.

Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral: Her Family Gathers : People.com

Old 03-24-2011, 04:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,256,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Don't forget she was jewish. She converted for Eddie Fisher and supposedly embraced the religion.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Don't forget she was jewish. She converted for Eddie Fisher and supposedly embraced the religion.
not familiar with Jewish tradition

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 2,318,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
as if!! A. Jolie is such a fraud. Elizabeth Taylor she is not!
A. Jolie is not fit to even shine the shoes of Elizabeth Taylor IMO she is not a good actress.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 PM

7,363 posts, read 7,118,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
A. Jolie is not fit to even shine the shoes of Elizabeth Taylor IMO she is not a good actress.
Amen I am so sick of these women who think they look good so they can get on the big screen . Jolie is only on the screen because her daddy is Jon Voight a man who can act .. she is certainly not in the caliber of elizabeth taylor .

Old 03-24-2011, 06:59 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,014,119 times
I think Liz would appreciate this comparison:

She was like a flawless diamond, shimmering and sparkling and flashing all the colors of the rainbow ... her life was brilliant and her beauty was radiant. She began as a pretty but unpolished gem: talented but spoiled, indulged and pampered; living the high life of fashion, glamour, luxury and fame. Then came the cutting and polishing of the gem, she revealed her kindness and compassion, became outspoken and courageous as a stigmatized disease ravaged friends and strangers alike. With maturity and a final finishing her true beauty and elegance was revealed ... she was not merely a star but a Super-nova.

Just like Cleopatra, whom she portrayed, Elizabeth was not only beautiful and fascinating, but a legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities