Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 08:12 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,063,596 times

Advertisements

Ray Didinger.

A legend in Philly, but unless you're an NFL fan you might not know who he is.

One of the nicest people ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 06:48 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,378,147 times
I have a family member who is a stylist that has worked with a number of celebrities. She said that Alan Alda was by far the rudest person she ever met. He was appearing on a talk show she worked on and he refused to talk to any of the staff. He only talked to his people that came with him and never said a word to anyone on the show until he walked onto the stage. He then lite up with a big smile and acted like he was the nicest guy in the world. The shows producer commented “Now that is the greatest actor in the world”. After the show was done filming he went back to his sullen self and said nothing. He also had demanded that no one be allowed to walk in the hallway outside his dressing room which was difficult since it was a main corridor. Really made things difficult. Jay

Old 01-03-2019, 07:18 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,913,580 times
Paul Newman, great.
Buddy Hackett, not.

Michael Jordan, great.
Chipper Jones, not.

Ray Kroc (McDonald's), Super Great.
wife, Joan, Super B.

so far, ALL of the famous females i have met were b's.
maybe i just bring it out in them. Erin Andrews, Mia Hamm,
Connie Chung, Suze Orman, Ellen Burstyn, etc.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:58 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,564,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I have a family member who is a stylist that has worked with a number of celebrities. She said that Alan Alda was by far the rudest person she ever met. He was appearing on a talk show she worked on and he refused to talk to any of the staff. He only talked to his people that came with him and never said a word to anyone on the show until he walked onto the stage. He then lite up with a big smile and acted like he was the nicest guy in the world. The shows producer commented “Now that is the greatest actor in the world”. After the show was done filming he went back to his sullen self and said nothing. He also had demanded that no one be allowed to walk in the hallway outside his dressing room which was difficult since it was a main corridor. Really made things difficult. Jay
I never liked the guy. He always seemed condescending to me.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,089,401 times
I was at a company Holiday dinner in a restaurant in NYC back in 1992. My boss stood up and gave a speech and Dustin Hoffman happened to be there eating with his family and he yelled over "Give them all a raise"
I thought that was pretty cool. Always been a big fan.
Met Jay Leno a few years ago - really really nice guy too - has time for everyone.
I heard that Paul McCartney was a really nice guy too.

Old 01-19-2019, 03:10 PM

871 posts, read 603,703 times
I have been introduced to one well-known political personality: Mayor Richard J. Daley of Chicago, and to one well-known literary figure: Tennessee Williams. (Not at the same time.)

Both of them were friendly and pleasant to me. I only spent a few minutes chatting with each of them. The conversations were superficial and non-controversial.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:07 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,484,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
I have been introduced to one well-known political personality: Mayor Richard J. Daley of Chicago

You were another potential voter!

Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 AM

18,411 posts, read 15,113,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
I was at a company Holiday dinner in a restaurant in NYC back in 1992. My boss stood up and gave a speech and Dustin Hoffman happened to be there eating with his family and he yelled over "Give them all a raise"
I thought that was pretty cool. Always been a big fan.
Met Jay Leno a few years ago - really really nice guy too - has time for everyone.
I heard that Paul McCartney was a really nice guy too.
My summer home is in the same neighborhood as Paul’s, so I run into him every now and then. He is not really one to stop and chit chat, but he is always very pleasant.

I think when you have been an icon as long as he has, you learn how to navigate through public places quickly and still leave people with a good feeling about you.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,930,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
had to google lee michaels and i STILL can't place him or any of his music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9iVKQPeXA

Old 01-24-2019, 02:42 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,941,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

now THAT song, I recognize.......

if he was as big an azzhat as described, no wonder he disappeared......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities