Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 10:17 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,263 times

Advertisements

I do agree to a certain extent about celebrities being public property. I remember a while back Kate Winslet was filming a movie in my area and fans were furious that she wouldn't come over and visit with them between takes. I thought it was ridiculous because she was in the middle of working, she was probably trying to stay in character and focus. After they wrapped filming for the day she spent an hour signing autographs and taking pictures, but it's just unreal the way some people expect celebrities to drop everything, especially when fans are being inconsiderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 01:27 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post

Faye Dunaway - true what they say about her - a living terror; Beyond mean.

Maybe she was a perfect fit for "Mommie Dearest" after all. I liked her acting though.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,648 times
When I was about 5 years old I met John Stamos at Disney World in the Hollywood Tower of terror ride. I think he was taking some leisure time when his wife at the time was on the Rosie O'donelle. He was very nice to my family and I. I got a picture with him however I didn't quite realize it was 'uncle Jesse' so I was staring up at him in the picture. I didn't realize it was him until he left! I'm 20 now, and 15 years have passed. I don't know if he's still as nice, but I sure hope so! I hate it when celebrities are snobby.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:55 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I do agree to a certain extent about celebrities being public property. I remember a while back Kate Winslet was filming a movie in my area and fans were furious that she wouldn't come over and visit with them between takes. I thought it was ridiculous because she was in the middle of working, she was probably trying to stay in character and focus. After they wrapped filming for the day she spent an hour signing autographs and taking pictures, but it's just unreal the way some people expect celebrities to drop everything, especially when fans are being inconsiderate.
Yes especially with the male pop stars. I guess they're often younger girls that do that with them but there is no excuse for this behavior. Some of them expect them to be nice to their fans all the time no matter what the fans do. Sorry but if someone's trying to grope me or stalking me, I'm sure not going to be nice and if it's a regular thing I'm going to question the fanbase in general because when there's so many people doing this crap how do you know what everyone's intentions are? The irony is these are people that claim they love them.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:06 AM

91 posts, read 92,224 times
Boston Bruin's Great Bobby Orr. What a gentleman.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,081 times
Mariah Carey
I met Mariah back in 2002 at a Dallas music studio. She was actually a very talkative, nice person. All-in-all I spent an hour or so in the same room with her. I remember she gives a firm handshake and looks at you directly in the eyes when speaking. She was chatty and funny as well. Also, photos do her no justice. She is beautiful in person and much thinner than the camera shows.

Sarah Palin
She did a book signing at my job. I am politically not a fan of hers but she seemed nice. She really didn't chat much with anyone but her own staff. I am indifferent to her as a person but at least she seemed pleasant. I do remember she required Diet Dr Pepper with straws lol.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:08 AM

443 posts, read 437,717 times
Neil Patrick Harris - I met him after his Doogie Howser days and before his HIMYM fame. We were checking into a hotel at the same time and I gawked at him. (I had a crush on Doogie, what can I say?) He obliged me with a hug and an autograph. He was very sweet.

Scott Wolf - I met him when "Party of Five" was still a big thing. He was a sweetheart. Amazingly good looking but a little on the short side.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:00 PM

98 posts, read 88,412 times
Default Larry Elder!

Met KABC radio host Larry Elder with a group of "liberal" friends (I am in the middle!) and he was the nicest guy ...just talked, no push or shove. Intelligent ...and a real gent!

Old 05-31-2015, 04:49 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
I once met Tickle Me Elmo

he couldn't keep his hands off me.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:24 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I worked in country and you are so right. I can't remember names (I don't follow country though I worked in country radio)but the country acts I met were all great. Most appreciate their fans.

I never met Walter Payton but my dad did and he said what you did. He loved to play jokes but just an all around guy.

I used to work for someone who golfed with Alice Cooper and said he was wonderful.
Steve Wariner and George Strait were very nice and down to earth.

Met Lyle Lovett and talked with him for an hour or so. Very nice and much cuter in person. It was while he was seeing Julia Roberts. He is very charming, and not in a lecherous way.

Bryan Dennehy is somewhat friendly, a bit lecherous.

Robert Duvall, all business and apparently does not like cats. Very quiet and reserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities