U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,035,119 times

Advertisements

I saw Richard Simmons punch out a guy who was mocking him during a Mardi Gras parade. He jumped off the float and started pounding the a-hole as people cheered him on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:26 PM

665 posts, read 1,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I saw Richard Simmons punch out a guy who was mocking him during a Mardi Gras parade. He jumped off the float and started pounding the a-hole as people cheered him on.
WOW imagine trying to fill out that police report in New Orleans no less. All the cops snickering and asking "are you sure you want to report this?"

Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM

34,581 posts, read 42,755,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
that's nice. On the other hand a friend of my mom's knew him from a professional setting and said he was rude,egotistical and downright hateful
I know, my lawyer used to work for him in college and said the same thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,995,819 times
I saw Janis Joplin shortly before her death. She was passed out in the backseat of a Cadillac convertible with two or three band (?)members. Her band members were OK.
Gregory Hines sat next to me on a flight from Kansas City to Dallas IIRC. A nice guy and a great talent.
Back in the 1980's I was in a truck stop West of Nashville in the wee hours. An attractive blond was sitting in a booth with an older lady. I had glanced in her direction a couple of times and I just couldn't place her but I knew that I knew her. I made eye contact with her and she wiggled her finger to come over. I told her I know we've met but I just can't remember your name. She told me Barbara. I said Barbara. That doesn't sound familiar. She said Mandrell. I started to say that still doesn't ring any bells when it hit me. She was very friendly and I asked her for her autograph. In my collection of memorabilia I still have that napkin. This was shortly before she had her horrible accident. I included her in my prayers for many months.

Driving over the road like I did for many years it is a given that you will see the Big fancy RV's with Rock and Country music bands. Sometimes you will talk to them or their drivers on the CB radio. I talked to the driver of George Jones bus a few weeks after he had cancelled a concert in Tulsa, OK. I told the driver I had really looked forward to the concert but I did get my money back. He told me George was sleeping but if I would pull in for fuel at the next truck stop he would give me some tapes. I did and the driver gave me about ten different tapes and complimentary passes for any of George's concerts. I still love his music.

Evel Knievel while he was sober. Great guy. Two hours later he was a totally different person LOL.

GL2

Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM

14,316 posts, read 12,577,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Richard Simmons once beat the crap out of me during a road rage incident, afterwards he was real nice and offered to call me an ambulance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
I've been told he has a nasty temper.

Must be those tight red shorts !
Quote:
Richard Simmons?

Wow.....I am really having a hard time believing all this.

How did ALL of these incidents manage to escape the tabloids? {or did I miss it}

BTW Ghengis, please describe what led up to the road rage incident......what did YOU do? Cut him off, ride his bumper? Please tell us more, unless you were paid off to keep quiet........but then.....you already told........sooooo, we are all ears.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM

20,344 posts, read 20,441,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BTW Ghengis, please describe what led up to the road rage incident......what did YOU do? Cut him off, ride his bumper? Please tell us more, unless you were paid off to keep quiet........but then.....you already told........sooooo, we are all ears.
I actually was not driving but was watching a parade when Richard Simmons drove by on his float. The guy next to me (who I didn't even know) yelled something about his hair at him and he slammed on his brakes and came over and started punching me. It didn't hurt at first as he had such tiny fists, but the blows kept coming and coming and the cumulative effect of them eventually knocked me over. Everyone around just laughed thinking it was funny but eventually another car pulled up and a dozen clowns came out and managed to pull him off of me.

I didn't dare ask for his autograph.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM

14,316 posts, read 12,577,027 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I actually was not driving but was watching a parade when Richard Simmons drove by on his float. The guy next to me (who I didn't even know) yelled something about his hair at him and he slammed on his brakes and came over and started punching me. It didn't hurt at first as he had such tiny fists, but the blows kept coming and coming and the cumulative effect of them eventually knocked me over. Everyone around just laughed thinking it was funny but eventually another car pulled up and a dozen clowns came out and managed to pull him off of me.

I didn't dare ask for his autograph.
OMG.......soooo funny.......saved by clowns? LMAO What a good story to tell at parties and to your grandkids!

Hey Ghengis...........this wouldn't happen to be the same incident Oildog is talking about, would it? LOL

I guess Richard and "The Donald" have something in common: "Do not diss THE HAIR!"

Richard is lucky you didn't pound him into the ground.....a lot of guys would have.

{Ummm.....me thinks you may be pulling my leg......but I will give you the benefit of a doubt. }

Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,819,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazosJaime View Post
I've only meet one celebrity, Bob Hope on a plane in the late 60's a realy nice guy. He stuck his hand out to me for shake and asked me how I was doing. He probably thought I was rude, naw, I shook hands but I was little to speechless to reply. It just all happened so fast.
OMG!! I totally forgot about Bob Hope. He lived a few blocks from me when I lived in Toluca Lake back in the 90s. Used to see him being carted around in his golf cart and although he was very old, he was always so nice and polite saying hello and blowing kisses to my dog. It was always a treat to see him.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 AM

3,533 posts, read 6,210,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

I meet and work with a lot of celebs and they may be nice and sweet one day, then maybe not so nice and sweet the next day for whatever reason. But by FAR the nicest, sweetest, consistently totally down to earth and going-to-heaven super sweet celeb I can remember is Heidi Klum.
The company I work for deals with Heidi a lot.... and I have never heard one bad thing....everyone says exactly what you said

Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,912,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Cheryl is actually really sweet. Im thinking that she may have come across like that to you because she was friggin' sent to gawdawful Kentucky. If my work sent me to Kentucky I'd be pi**ed off and mean as well. If when you met her and it wasnt in Kentucky it just could be that you met her at a bad time.

Celebs are just regular people - the eat apple pie, rake the leaves in the yard, cry at movies, etc. and as such, there are times when they just dont want to be bothered (i.e., moody). Just because you meet someone for a few seconds and they are not nice to you doesnt mean they are not very nice surly a**holes.

I meet and work with a lot of celebs and they may be nice and sweet one day, then maybe not so nice and sweet the next day for whatever reason. But by FAR the nicest, sweetest, consistently totally down to earth and going-to-heaven super sweet celeb I can remember is Heidi Klum.

One who was not mean or rude, but definitely made me a bit leary of him is that Paulie Walnuts guy from the Sopranos. That guy was NOT playing a character on the show, he was playing HIMSELF. He did time before and believe me, he is EXACTLY like that in real life. Someone you think could and would just kill you then go order a pie and take it home to his kids.
Glad you said that about Cheryl, because I think she is SO HOT....

I have heard the same things about Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts). Not a dude to mess with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities