U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 AM

10,127 posts, read 9,774,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
I was at a company Holiday dinner in a restaurant in NYC back in 1992. My boss stood up and gave a speech and Dustin Hoffman happened to be there eating with his family and he yelled over "Give them all a raise"
I thought that was pretty cool. Always been a big fan.
Met Jay Leno a few years ago - really really nice guy too - has time for everyone.
I heard that Paul McCartney was a really nice guy too.
My summer home is in the same neighborhood as Paul’s, so I run into him every now and then. He is not really one to stop and chit chat, but he is always very pleasant.

I think when you have been an icon as long as he has, you learn how to navigate through public places quickly and still leave people with a good feeling about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM

5,137 posts, read 1,799,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
had to google lee michaels and i STILL can't place him or any of his music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9iVKQPeXA

Old 01-24-2019, 02:42 PM

9,318 posts, read 16,428,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

now THAT song, I recognize.......

if he was as big an azzhat as described, no wonder he disappeared......

Old 01-28-2019, 09:11 AM

I once saw Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes) at a Cardinals baseball game. He was sitting a row up from us, and a few people over. I kept glancing over at him...cause I knew who he sure looked like, to ME but I kept thinking "Why would Chris Robinson be at a ball game in July, in St. Louis? He caught me looking a few times. Finally, I convinced myself that it was indeed him.

During the 7th inning stretch, we happened to be heading toward the concession stand about the same time, so I said "Hello Mr. Robinson." He smiled and said "hi" back.

Long time later, I saw him on a talk show. Come to find out, he's a huge baseball fan, and he said he tries to go to a game in every baseball stadium in the country every year. I don't know if he'd never been to St. Louis in July before...but July is not the time of year to be wearing leather pants and and a flowy shirt. However, he DID look like a rock star. lol

Way way way back in the day, my brother was hitch hiking, and got picked up by the ZZ Top tour bus. He said they were all cool.

A few years ago, I was at Comicon St. Louis. Matt Smith, from Dr. Who was there. I was standing outside smoking a cigarette (along with a lot of other people) when he was getting ready to get in his limo. Someone yelled "Bye Matt!" He thought it was me, and he smiled and waved.

My best friend, and her husband, used to operate an online radio station. Their station mostly focused on electronica and dance/club music. One year, they went to some kind of radio station convention in Miami, FL.

They're both lounging by the pool, when this guy and Kelly Osbourne come walking toward them. They came up to my friends, and asked if they'd play Kelly's new music on my friends' station. My friends explained that they were already playing Kelly's music. Kelly thanked them, and chit chatted with them for a little bit. My friend said that Kelly was very sweet and friendly.

And last, but not least...I'm a huge Zydeco fan. I have been for years. I realize Zydeco is a pretty esoteric genre to most people I guess...but I love it. I'm friends with a couple of members of one zydeco band, and I've met another Zydeco musician...and I can say that all of them (that I've met) are some of the nicest sweetest people.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:28 AM

2,510 posts, read 2,215,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

And last, but not least...I'm a huge Zydeco fan. I have been for years. I realize Zydeco is a pretty esoteric genre to most people I guess...but I love it. I'm friends with a couple of members of one zydeco band, and I've met another Zydeco musician...and I can say that all of them (that I've met) are some of the nicest sweetest people.

Man, you gotta think that anyone that's playing Zydeco has got to be friendly!

Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Man, you gotta think that anyone that's playing Zydeco has got to be friendly!

I would have to agree. Zydeco is the happiest music I can think of.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:21 AM

30 posts, read 1,181 times
All entertainment celebrities are awesome because they give chance to do happy

Old Today, 02:56 PM

2,672 posts, read 642,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My summer home is in the same neighborhood as Paul’s, so I run into him every now and then. He is not really one to stop and chit chat, but he is always very pleasant.

I think when you have been an icon as long as he has, you learn how to navigate through public places quickly and still leave people with a good feeling about you.
He seems like a nice guy....either that or he is a very good actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities