U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 AM

15,989 posts, read 29,779,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Its hard when you live in NYC to actually stop a celeb and talk to them since we're always in a hurry (some stereotypes are true). Ive been lucky to meet quite a few celebs and its always very random.
Nice ones - Martin Sheen, total class act. Also, the guy who plays Junior on the Sopranos is also really down to earth. Actually hung out with me and my co-workers at happy hour and stayed the whole time! We were all big fans of the show.
Saw Janet Jackson in the VIP lounge of a club in the Village and she actually let me come into the VIP lounge to say hi and take a picture. Very cool.

Now for the nasty ones. Same night I saw Janet, Leo DiCaprio was also at the club. He was a total dick. He threw drinks on people and also spit on some patrons. Rudest celeb I ever met.
Saw Eminem in Times Square, didnt talk to him but he refused to take pictures or sign autographs and was visibly annoyed at the attention.
My friend works in A&R for a record label and said that Fred Durst, Gene Simmons, and Puffy are all really rude and obnoxious. She said Puffy is the absolute worst and makes ridiculous demands (I remember something about water only be filled 2/3 of the way in all his glasses).

Lol, I never personally met Eminiem, but my dad got the opportunity to fly with him. Anyways, he says someone asked for his autograph and E ignored the dude; the dude asked again and E took off his headphones and told the man to shut the *beep* up and get away from him.

Anyways, I got the opportunity to meet Stone Cold Steve Austin while working at a grocery store. He's OK.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 05-10-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 11:14 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Real nice-
Stuart Margolin [Angel on The Rockford Files] we were seat mates on Amtrak and he told some of the filthiest fantastic jokes!
Mary Louise Parker-Got to spend much of one summer with her on the California Central Coast. All she ever asked for was to be treated as just one of the regular folks.She makes fantastic baked goods!
Ernie Banks-[Mr. Cub] Always finds time for the kids.

Not so nice-
TV persona aside,Jack Lalanne was a nasty,vile,poor excuse of a drunk. Any benefit he was to society was erased by the Godawful way he treated people while intoxicated on white wine.
Nicholas Cage-I saw him at LAX as he was running thru the terminal. He ran into and knocked over a small child and yelled "keep youre f*cking brat out of my Godd*mn way! Dont you know who I am?"
He came to my high school and was really cool. I guess he hadn't had any wine then.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
I don't give a hoot about some of these newer celebs who can't hold a candle to the old ones!

I used to hang out at the stage door of the Dallas Summer Musicals as a teenager. Nicest ever were Vincent Price and Angela Lansbury. They took time to ask me questions about my life, made jokes and took a real interest in those waiting for autographs. Pure class and I adore them for it...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM

9,285 posts, read 16,120,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
My daughter was at a sushi place in Clearwater Fl. yesterday (Mother's Day) Hulk Hogan was there with his new wife,daughter Brooke and her boyfriend. My DD said he was very nice and low key except for his yellow head scarf a t-shirt!! No one bothered him and the owners didn't fuss over him either!My DD did comment that Brooke is a big girl, not fat just big framed!

i think she is 6' or better.... yes a big girl... and thank goodness, confident enough in herself to not starve the curves away......

Old 05-11-2011, 05:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,962,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I saw Richard Simmons punch out a guy who was mocking him during a Mardi Gras parade. He jumped off the float and started pounding the a-hole as people cheered him on.
Could you just imagine someone actually saying "Yes officer. I took a real a** pounding from Richard Simmons!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:56 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,319,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't give a hoot about some of these newer celebs who can't hold a candle to the old ones!

I used to hang out at the stage door of the Dallas Summer Musicals as a teenager. Nicest ever were Vincent Price and Angela Lansbury. They took time to ask me questions about my life, made jokes and took a real interest in those waiting for autographs. Pure class and I adore them for it...
Then you'll appreciate knowing that I once saw Charlton Heston stand in the pouring rain to sign autographs for a couple hundred high-schoolers.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
What no burning hail falling?

Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 AM

5,706 posts, read 7,890,121 times
Bruce Springsteen. Class act all the way. Got his autograph along with a picture of him and me.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM

8,935 posts, read 15,847,848 times
I've had very limited interactions - but have some good friends who have had more frequent encounters (often for work)

One time that overlapped was with Billy Joel - dude can put them back ... that weird NE mix of a very likeable guy, but also a bit of an abrasive drunk jerk ....... overall though, very generous and definitely wasn't stuck up or above the crowd .... OK in my book

Allen Iverson was surprisingly a very good hearted guy .... our paths crossed on the charitable circuit a couple times in philly .... he was there in person doing things with no press, no splash ... small group work with school children and things of the sort ... he definitely had some "hood" about him, but his heart & actions seemed to be in the right place and he never trumpeted that work when some of his other more negative actions grabbed the spotlight

the next good word I hear about rascall flatts will be the first ... pretty much the whole band, but especially the frontman

jim kelly (QB) was pretty well known for being an a-hole .... i had a family friend encounter him at an upstate NY beach and ask for an autograph .... Jims response was "my time will cost you $25 kid" - apparently he wasn't swayed by a 12 yr old with "chemo head" ..... just an arrogant jerk (and I'm a hurricanes fan)

Probably the person at a show who stood out the most as far as being a small venue type vibe was Cee Lo Green back when he was with the Goodie Mob ..... this was a good 15 years ago, but it was a show with them, De La Soul & Fishbone in a small college gym in upstate NY .... not only did they all have to get kicked off stage, they all were enjoying themselves .... crowd surfing and just lighting up the room ....... maybe 150 people at the show and they shut the place down

afterwards Cee Lo went the other direction when the groups went back stage and was mixing with us ..... not asking about parties or where the girls were .... just joking around, thanking us for coming out, asking if we had fun, etc .... the guy has a magnetic personality for sure

Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM

4,891 posts, read 8,976,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Bruce Springsteen. Class act all the way. Got his autograph along with a picture of him and me.
Thats why he's The Boss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities