U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 07:33 PM

1,860 posts, read 6,722,732 times

Advertisements

Some of these are my own experiences and some told to me by friends.

John Elway: Danced with him once at a bar when I was in college. He was in town for the Super Bowl. Nice, poliite well mannered.

Jim Kelly: on the other hand was the biggest A-hole in the place. Drunk obnoxious, treating the woman there like pieced of meat.

Taylor Swift: Real Sweetheart. Told my 11 year old daughter she was beautiful.

Doughtry: He sat behind us at the Taylor Swift concert. He seemed very nice but his body guards were asses.

Jenna Elfman: Polite but distant. Does not make small talk but is by no means rude.

Goldie Hawn: Life of the party will hug and dance with anyone LOL! Her personna of a free sprit was pretty much spot on.

Brendan Fraser: Nice but somewhat quiet.

Merv Griffin: Friendly and nice. Took time to say hello to fans who greeted him.

These are stories I have heard from friends:

My friend was a stewardess for American Airline. Back in the day before Oprah had her own planes.....she said rudest person she has ever met. Treated the stewardesses like crap. I pray that maybe she humbled over the years.

Tom Cruise. My friend said she felt as if he would have given anyone in the room the shirt off his back. Very warm and personable. Shook hands and gave everyone pats on the shoulder. Took time to talk to people.

Paris Hilton: Virtually unrecognizable. Said she looks like you average tan Ca beach girl. Had short hair which threw her off......did not realize who she was until a crowd of young girls gathered around her. It was in a cup cake shop. She took pictures with all the girls. Bought cupcakes for the group and let them play with her dog. Said she was very quiet spoken but exremely down to earth and nice.

My brother in law is a park ranger and had to pull Steve Perry over once and said he was a total A-hole.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 PM

14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Could you just imagine someone actually saying "Yes officer. I took a real a** pounding from Richard Simmons!
I know, if I was a man, I would never admit to it.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:04 AM

15 posts, read 92,246 times
Fun thread!
While a musician in the new york scene I had a chance to meet a few celebs at parties/shows. A sample:

The band Oasis. This was pretty surprising. I went into my local bar and a patron was standing in the doorway stupidly in everyone's way. I sort of pushed my way passed this slimy looking guy and sat down waiting for my buddy.
Later I sense the same Patron glaring at me from the end of the bar, I go down to see if there's going to be a problem and realize it's Liam Gallagher. We've all heard terrible things about the guy, so I'm prepared for the worst. In his thick accent he says "oi, why'd you push me" I say "because you were standing in the doorway like a prick" he laughed his ass off and we ended up hanging out the rest of the night.

A very cool, down-to earth guy that night. Noel was there too, he stopped by and chatted a few times, but was a bit stand-offish. They were probably fighting. I gave him my band's record and he suggested a better name, which I had him write down... "Marble Tulip Sweet Tree"

Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer of Wilco. Met him outside a Wilco concert. I didn't have tickets to the show, but figure someone might have extras if I hung outside the venue. Jeff came out of the subway to head to the venue. I stopped him to chat, and he was funny, and just a cool guy. He went inside to try to get me on his guest list and came back out to tell me he couldn't. Which was weird. But then he literally opened his wallet to give me his last 20$. He said to use it towards getting tix from a scalper. I ended up getting into the show with a friend, and Jeff joked around with us a little bit from the stage.

Donald Trump was at an MTV VMA after party, seemed really uncomfortable there. A bit of a prick, but I also don't care for the guy.

Joey Fatone of backstreet boys? Nsync? one of those boy bands. Very cool guy, I was making fun of his band to some girl at a party and he was standing behind me. Was pretty funny about it. He basically said "dude, if they drove a garbage truck of money up to your house what would you say?"

Happened upon the cast of That 70's show all the time in NYC. They were awesome! They also always hung around with Macauley Caulkin, who was a cool little dude too. We bowled with them at chelsea piers a few times (coincidentally, their crew and mine just happened to be the only ones there... twice)

Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers was a dick.
Dicky Barret of the Might Mighty Bosstones, was a huge ass after they had that one hit. I was surprised because he's meant to be a bit of a home town hero!
The strokes turned into stuck-up guys after getting famous

Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM

I should add some I forgot about. Went to the AT&T golf classic. Met the following:

Clint Eastwood: Very nice and OMG huge man. I am 6' and he is massive!

Jack Lemon: Very nice and gregarious person.

Dennis Quaid: Very stand offish. Was very unkempt. Oily, Greasy and looked like he had been on a 10 day drinking binge without a shower. Of course this was back when he was using drugs and stuff sooooo. hopefully that was why.

Randy Quaid: Very soft spoken but nice.

Bill Murray not as friendly as I expected.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I should add some I forgot about. Went to the AT&T golf classic. Met the following:

Jack Lemon: Very nice and gregarious person.

Dennis Quaid: Very stand offish. Was very unkempt. Oily, Greasy and looked like he had been on a 10 day drinking binge without a shower. Of course this was back when he was using drugs and stuff sooooo. hopefully that was why.

Randy Quaid: Very soft spoken but nice.

Bill Murray not as friendly as I expected.
I couldn't really tell how big Clint was, but he seems to be in great condition.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM

601 posts, read 838,329 times
Quote:
My friend was a stewardess for American Airline. Back in the day before Oprah had her own planes.....she said rudest person she has ever met. Treated the stewardesses like crap. I pray that maybe she humbled over the years.
Not a chance... her ego is as big as her @ss

Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM

601 posts, read 838,329 times
Quote:
Huge? Mr. Eastwood is 6'2". I have a photo of my boyfriend standing next to him -- they are the same height. He IS in FANTASTIC shape for an almost 81 year old man!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 AM

8,935 posts, read 15,847,848 times
Maybe he has a presence about him that makes him seem larger .... i know a lot of people like this

For example - I'm 6'5", but you'd never guess it ..... I know many people in the 6' to 6'3" range who just seem huge .... it's often standing next to these type of people that others realize that i'm above average height

I've never met him, but I could see clint having that type of draw about him

Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM

That was part of it he has huge hands and is I guess you would say big boned. He shook our hands and his hands were huge. But like I said I am 6' and my husband 6'3" and he towered over both of us. So I am not going to believe he is 6' 2". He has very long legs too. If I had to guess I would same Min 6' 4" max 6' 6". This was 25 years ago. Maybe he has shrunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Maybe he has a presence about him that makes him seem larger .... i know a lot of people like this

For example - I'm 6'5", but you'd never guess it ..... I know many people in the 6' to 6'3" range who just seem huge .... it's often standing next to these type of people that others realize that i'm above average height

I've never met him, but I could see clint having that type of draw about him

Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
That was part of it he has huge hands and is I guess you would say big boned. He shook our hands and his hands were huge. But like I said I am 6' and my husband 6'3" and he towered over both of us. So I am not going to believe he is 6' 2". He has very long legs too. If I had to guess I would same Min 6' 4" max 6' 6". This was 25 years ago. Maybe he has shrunk
An article I read about him dated sometime in the early 1990s had him at 6-4, 190.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities