U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 PM

601 posts, read 838,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
That was part of it he has huge hands and is I guess you would say big boned. He shook our hands and his hands were huge. But like I said I am 6' and my husband 6'3" and he towered over both of us. So I am not going to believe he is 6' 2". He has very long legs too. If I had to guess I would same Min 6' 4" max 6' 6". This was 25 years ago. Maybe he has shrunk
I Googled and a few sites said that in his youth he was 6'4". Certainly there would be a difference between a 55 year old man and an 80 year old... people tend to "shrink" with age. So 25 years ago he was 6'4". Our photo was taken 2 years ago and he was the same height as my 6'2" sweetie.
No matter what his height Clint is a wonderful and kind man with a terrific sense of humor, and his bright eyes had a twinkle in them. Very hard to believe he will be 81 in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM

1,860 posts, read 6,724,807 times
Haha really? Okay I was trying to be funny about the shrinking part but maybe he really did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
I Googled and a few sites said that in his youth he was 6'4". Certainly there would be a difference between a 55 year old man and an 80 year old... people tend to "shrink" with age. So 25 years ago he was 6'4". Our photo was taken 2 years ago and he was the same height as my 6'2" sweetie.
No matter what his height Clint is a wonderful and kind man with a terrific sense of humor, and his bright eyes had a twinkle in them. Very hard to believe he will be 81 in a few weeks.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 PM

55 posts, read 243,033 times
I met Shakira before and Shakira is like one of my idols and inspirations, so meeting her was like a dream! I was so nervous because I was meeting someone I've always looked up to and I was like, what if shes a diva? what if she doesn't like me? but Shakira was so warm, nice, and open. Once I calmed down a bit, it was really easy to talk to her, she's just so down to earth, genuine, and sincere. she's one of the biggest superstars but she's still so humble and sweet and I love that about her. more celebs should be like her. I also met Alicia Keys. we didn't have enough time to actually chat, so she just signed an autograph for me and i told her how much i love her music and she's a sweetheart aswell She gave me a huge hug and that meant a lot.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM

1 posts, read 7,398 times
I met Coolio, Drew Lachey, and Frankie Muniz at the Phoenix Airport food court. Odd group to be sitting together, I know. Coolio was super funny and nice. They all agreed to take pictures.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,952,731 times
I used to work in TV & film. One day we shot a PSA for the local PBS station. I arrived at 6am to hear incessant, high pitched clucking, a non-stop stream of insults & curses in a thick accent & overly loud voice, then walked into the makeup room to a deafening roar. Apparently an unsuspecting hairdresser had dared place his hands on Zsa Zsa's hair before asking permission. She never shut up the entire 4-hrs we shot... the poor guy must have quit the biz next day... as he continued shaking, turning red & sweating, she got worse & worse with slurs, insults & swears directed at him.

Now, my turn with La Gabor... I was the makeup artist. She was already heavily made up (she must sleep with it packed on), but required additional full makeup, 2 sets of lashes on the top & 1 set on her bottom lashes. I've never had anyone before or since request multiple sets of lashes or wear them on the bottom of the eye. Anyone who's done lashes knows it can take a few minutes for each one to be expertly applied & dried, let alone having to do 6 & additionally on someone who is screaming at you at the top of their voice the entire time. Admittedly as a young 18-yr old girl, they weren't my forte & I was applying them slowly as my hands were shaking from being constantly berated. I swear, she never took one breath for 4-hrs. She insulted me the entire day, over & over... referring to the hairdresser with gay slurs & calling me "that stupid girl" in a neverending loop.

She called everyone else, including the director, names, swears, slurs... everyone was outrageously offensive to her it seems & she never stopped reminding us we were lucky she was there as PBS pays no money to on-screen talent. (As an aside, that's a lie... we all get paid, cast & crew, but it's at a lower rate because it's a non-profit). Others who annoyed her for god knows what had things thrown at them... boxes, hairbrushes, she even reached into my makeup case & hurled my products at people. Some people she actually hit with the objects. She had the foulest mouth I've heard outside a London cockney pub.

Since I was working freelance & a starving, young girl trying to make a living in a huge, expensive city, I didn't want to walk out & ruin my reputation... I needed the work... same with the others, I imagine. No one left. I was more distressed that the director allowed it to happen & didn't order her to stop... he's the director. I had decided, however, if she touched me, hit me, or threw anything at me, I'd leave. She didn't, but I did feel physically pummelled by end of shoot.

Remember that incident with her slapping an L.A. police officer? You can bet it was far more than that. She has to be one of the most vile creatures I've ever met. I had such a headache that when I left, I had to go straight to bed for 4-hrs (I still remember) with ice packs & a handful of aspirin. My headache disappeared the next day. We all left the shoot like battered objects.

Several months later, the same video production team called to ask if I were available on a certain date. I excitedly said yes. They told me it was for 1 principal actor. I said great, because that usually means it's a faster shoot. Then he sheepishly said, "It's with Zsa Zsa Gabor". I was stunned. Trying to be professional, I said, "Oh, I'm so very sorry. I just looked at my calendar & I'm not available that day. I already have a booking." He very quietly & nicely said, "I understand" as if he'd heard it 100 times. In fact, I heard that no crew would ever work with her twice. Not sure if that's true, but I believe it.

She's a wretched soul & lucky to boot that she's lived to this ripe old age of 90-something. It's quite stunning to me that a human could dare to treat others so badly... especially physically striking them. By the way, in 11-yrs in TV & film... she's the only person I met I'd never work with again. That includes the band The Clash... who threw up on my shoes... but, that's another story.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 PM

14,315 posts, read 12,573,110 times
^^^Well, Zsa Zsa is paying the price now......karma can be a real b**ch.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:18 AM

3,796 posts, read 2,009,633 times
NICE:

Joyce Dewitt

James Avery

Rebbeca Arthur

John De Lancie

Juliet Lewis

DJ Qualls

Lisa Whelchel

Cassandra Peterson a.k.a Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Michael Landon

BJ Thomas

Igor Yuzov (Lead singer of the Red Elvises)

Oleg Bernov (bassist of Red Elvises)

NASTY:

Tristan Rogers

Charlie Sheen

Christopher Atkins

Rick Springfield

Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 AM

41 posts, read 59,542 times
One of my most treasured memories is from back in 2000. My husband worked at a racetrack (auto) in Connecticut and it was coming up to Memorial Day weekend, when they had a big meeting. He heard a rumor that Paul Newman was going to show up to his team's (Newman-Haas) practice, so I went to work with him that day.
We saw the truck pull up and he got out. It took me several hours of spying on him and watching him to pluck up the courage to go out there but, when I did, he was so sweet. He gave me an autograph and, when I asked for a picture, he had me give the camera to one of the guys with him and he put his arm round me. He was so sweet, I'll never forget it.

I also met Bill Bryson, the author, at a signing in DC a few years ago. He was amazing, cracking jokes with us and signing every book we had with a personal message. Later on, we were having dinner and in he walks with his friends!! He saw us and joked about seeing us again, A lovely man (and great author!)

The other celebrity/author I met was Valerie Bertinelli, at a signing where I was working. She is tiny! She was also lovely, signed every book and/or souviner fans brought in. She posed for photos with everyone who wanted one and took the time to sign books for the workers too. Her husband (then boyfriend) was great too.

Other authors who are great: Jen Lancaster, Jennifer Weiner, Jodi Picoult, Harlan Coben, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I've been to signings by them all and they have all been personable and humble.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM

1,667 posts, read 8,152,605 times
Clint Eastwood in New Orleans and Jimmy Buffet in Key West both were super-friendly when we met them on the street with our USCG hat on. They were genuinely interested in how the military was doing and talked for a few minutes. Kind of a surreal moment. Oh yea, and Linda Lavin. We lived in the same small town and met occasionally. She was friendly and beautiful.

Last edited by ESFP; 05-28-2011 at 09:30 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 AM

287 posts, read 881,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
By the way, in 11-yrs in TV & film... she's the only person I met I'd never work with again. That includes the band The Clash... who threw up on my shoes... but, that's another story.
C'mon c'mon.....out with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities