Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
C'mon c'mon.....out with it!
Haha... Bands were always the hardest to work with. All the bands I've ever worked with were drunk/high/rude & sexually harrassed everyone who came into their eyeline. I was at a Boston recording studio one day when a female employee assigned to take care of a band's rider quit & walked out on the spot. It was a metal band... either GNR or the Motley lads, I forget now... & they were busting up their dressing room because she didn't have the prostitutes already there. They ordered her boss to hire some now. He in turn, ordered her to do so by violently screaming at her... not anything like La Gabor but it was humiliating nonetheless. She left the office yelling "This is not what I went to college for!" The ending is slightly humerous now, but of course, this incident is the height of disrespect to do to anyone... one of the band members yelled back at her "Okay, then only get smart prostitutes". Boy, I've had some jobs.

The Clash were young & drunken yobs the night I was hired to do hair/makeup. One of them (I didn't know who they were back then, so I don't know which one) lost his drink (I'd say his lunch, but it didn't look as if he'd eaten in awhile) on my shoes, then fell over, almost taking me down with him. He did apologize once revived... a slurring, staggering, glazed eyed apology where he fell on me again, almost knocking me over... then he became a drunken, rude yob again.

If it happened in the Internet days, I probably could have taken my soiled suede shoes & sold them on ebay with a catchy title for one of their rabid fans. By the way, I only wore Doc Martens after that incident, whenever I worked with a band. The floors were always sticky with beer & tossed cocktails, anyway, so it was better to be covered lest I get covered. I also learned early on to keep my back against a wall, table, etc... you can figure that one out.

By the way, the most chemically distorted band? Duran Duran... surprising to me because they were tarted-up, new wave, pretty boys. I guess I mistakenly thought they sat up straight & pushed their chairs in like nice young lads because they had starchy coiffed hair & new romantic poet shirts. This was when their first album came out... in person, they were all very good looking & smelled great. That's the only good stuff I could say about them.

Happy now, Aggo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
PTwist...tried to rep you. Heard ZZ was a b from others on the periphery of HW.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 AM

553 posts, read 1,544,770 times
My Mom used to talk to Mickey Rooney often because he was friends with her boss. She said he was super nice over the phone and liked to flirt.

One of my ex's owned his own business and Paula Woodward (a high profile news anchor in Denver) was a client of his. She never paid her bills on time. He fought with her constantly about getting paid for his services. Finally, he threatened to go to a competitor news station and rat her out, only then did she finally pay all of his invoices.

Throughout the years, my family and I have met a lot of famous football players that were Broncos at one time or another. Most all of them were awesome and treated their fans very well. John Elway is a mixed bag though. My SIL was a paramedic and was called to his house when one of his guests had a heart attack during a big dinner party. He didn't want the gurney leaving marks on his tile so they had to go around the back of the house and through the kitchen to get to the heart attack victim. Thank goodness that guy survived or Elway would've had some explaining to do about the delay.

I also met Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (in full Elvira costume). She is a very nice and funny lady in person.

Snoop Dogg was bigger than life, but very much a sweet heart. He left us speechless.

We met Fred Coury, the drummer from Cinderella a long time ago. This was about the mid 90's, so he wasn't touring with them. We bumped into him at a RATT concert. He seemed very "entitled" and arrogant to me.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
PTwist...tried to rep you. Heard ZZ was a b from others on the periphery of HW.
Oildog with the fancy lingo... en Inglese, per favore? Got ZZ & b... lost on HW? And, yes, I never heard one good story about The Zsa. Wonder why all the drama? You'd think life as a fake princess & uber-millionairess would be enough for some people's joy.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,770 times
I met Matt Sorum, the drummer for Guns N Roses when I was in middle school. He has to be one of the nicest, most intelligent people I have ever met in my life. My father took me to go see him do a drum clinic and we went to the drum store putting on the gig before hand and had an opportunity to meet and talk to him one on one. The first thing my father said to me when we saw him from a distance (mind you he's wearing leather from head to toe, dark black sunglasses,and tattoos blazin) was "WHO did you bring me to see?". After introducing myself he looks at my father and says "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.X". My dad's jaw dropped. He proceeded to talk to me about the importance of school and playing any gig that you can play to get experience and so on. REALLY great guy.

The celebrity I met that was completely opposite of what I was expecting was Will Ferrel. My aunt and his mom went to HS together and he was in town so my mom arranged for all of us to have dinner. I think Will said maybe 5 words throughout the evening.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Oildog with the fancy lingo... en Inglese, per favore? Got ZZ & b... lost on HW? And, yes, I never heard one good story about The Zsa. Wonder why all the drama? You'd think life as a fake princess & uber-millionairess would be enough for some people's joy.
I didn't have a clue what Oildog was saying either.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Nicest: OJ and Nicole Simpson
Rudest: Jerry Rice

Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM

40 posts, read 69,760 times
I went to a tv awards night once in London and met Larry Hagman who was there presenting an award! Most of the people there were ok except a couple of male soap stars who you never see on tv now !

Old 06-06-2011, 03:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Sorry, after midnight on Friday

Zsa Zsa, *****, Hollywood.

Peace out.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Sorry, after midnight on Friday

Zsa Zsa, *****, Hollywood.

Peace out.

NW, ICHTA...
"No worries, it can happen to anyone"

Late Monday, been up since 4am...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities