U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM

4,847 posts, read 5,267,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
Ohhhh do tell. Yeah, I heard he's a real bastard.
I was hoping somebody would ask.
Without giving away too much info on my last job which would get me in LEGAL trouble with my old boss, here goes.....

This is almost exactly what was said:

Me: "Good Morning Mr. Reed....what can I do for you today?"

Lou Reed: " What!?" {said borderline loud but with a STERN tone}

Me:"Oh...I said good morning... can I help you?"

Lou Reed: "I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M ON THE PHONE!!" {he had a mobile ear piece in his ear which I didnt notice....but hey--he walked up to me and he wasnt talking--so I asked if I could help...NO i dint notice the earpiece.--and he YELLED that last statement at me. YELLED!}

Me: "Oh...excuse me...I didnt notice"

Lou Reed:"no...not you Phil....I'm at this fu*k**g {insert name of my job}..and the pr*ck behind the counter has no f*cK*ng clue"
THAT IS A DIRECT QUOTE

Now that was not my first or last encounter with him, so I knew what to expect.
But I couldn't react because my boss was in the area.

I could go on and on about him....
He's had arguments with a LOT of people at that job.
Like I said...Google his name and you'll see how many people know about him and his EVIL ways.

EXAMPLE ONE

EXAMPLE TWO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 11:18 AM

4,847 posts, read 5,267,383 times
Just found a funny one

This guy needs help!
Effff you LOU REED!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,747,820 times
Nicest was Heidi Klum and Samantha Ronson ( not sure if she really fits celebrity status)

Rudest was Bryan Ferry. YUK

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,220,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
One day I was in either San Antonio or Houston (I can't recall which), and I caught Tommy Lee Jones on a really, really bad day. I asked him for an autograph and he did not say one word to me or even make eye contact. He scribbled his name and pushed the paper at me while looking away. I thought he was very rude, but then I figured he was just NOT wanting to deal with "fans" and I guess I am lucky he even agreed to an autograph at all.
I'm not sure if Tommy still lives here in San Antonio but he's known to be to be this way by the locals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
My cousin met the guy who plays nick stokes off of csi and she said he was so sweet and she was shaking and he told her stop shaking people will think Im hurting your feelings , LOL !!! she said he was very nice .
I heart him. Swoon!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM

22,188 posts, read 12,990,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I've been lucky in my travels. Among music people I've met courtesy of back stage passes, I've been able to talk and shake hands with Janis Ian, Emmy Lou Harris, John Hartford, Justin Hayward and John Lodge (Moody Blues), and Dan Fogelberg. All were very personable people.

Pro football wise at card shows would be Johnny Unitas, Floyd Little, Bob Lilly, Merlin Olsen, and former Bronco head coach Red Miller.. The most personable was Baltimore Colt HOFer Raymond Berry. One of the most soft spoken and friendly men I've ever met.
Great lists. I'll second John Hartford. I loved that man. Wonderful human being. He was probably the most content human being I've ever known. Miss him tremendously.

I don't think I have a worst. Maybe Mamie Van Dorn for those of you who are old enough to remember her. She owned an antique shop for a while and we'd wander in there. She wasn't tremedously warm. But she visited a lot of U.S. troops in hospitals during Vietnam so I'm giving her a huge break. Maybe we always managed to go in when her feet hurt. Or something.

I'll add a nicest. (You always forget the biggies.) Michael Jackson. Who used to be a Disneyland regular. My dad did his walking at Disneyland and we'd often meet up there. Michael had a "reputation" among some of the cast members but he got to where he recognized my dad and would always smile and wave to him and chat for a few minutes. Goodness only knows what they talked about. My dad met a lot of clebs in his day but Michael was always one of his favorites.

And I've got to list Tommy Lasorda simply because the guy is such a hoot.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-13-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM

808 posts, read 682,497 times
Its hard when you live in NYC to actually stop a celeb and talk to them since we're always in a hurry (some stereotypes are true). Ive been lucky to meet quite a few celebs and its always very random.
Nice ones - Martin Sheen, total class act. Also, the guy who plays Junior on the Sopranos is also really down to earth. Actually hung out with me and my co-workers at happy hour and stayed the whole time! We were all big fans of the show.
Saw Janet Jackson in the VIP lounge of a club in the Village and she actually let me come into the VIP lounge to say hi and take a picture. Very cool.

Now for the nasty ones. Same night I saw Janet, Leo DiCaprio was also at the club. He was a total dick. He threw drinks on people and also spit on some patrons. Rudest celeb I ever met.
Saw Eminem in Times Square, didnt talk to him but he refused to take pictures or sign autographs and was visibly annoyed at the attention.
My friend works in A&R for a record label and said that Fred Durst, Gene Simmons, and Puffy are all really rude and obnoxious. She said Puffy is the absolute worst and makes ridiculous demands (I remember something about water only be filled 2/3 of the way in all his glasses).

Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,088,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Its hard when you live in NYC to actually stop a celeb and talk to them since we're always in a hurry (some stereotypes are true). Ive been lucky to meet quite a few celebs and its always very random.
Nice ones - Martin Sheen, total class act. Also, the guy who plays Junior on the Sopranos is also really down to earth. Actually hung out with me and my co-workers at happy hour and stayed the whole time! We were all big fans of the show.
Saw Janet Jackson in the VIP lounge of a club in the Village and she actually let me come into the VIP lounge to say hi and take a picture. Very cool.

Now for the nasty ones. Same night I saw Janet, Leo DiCaprio was also at the club. He was a total dick. He threw drinks on people and also spit on some patrons. Rudest celeb I ever met.
Saw Eminem in Times Square, didnt talk to him but he refused to take pictures or sign autographs and was visibly annoyed at the attention.
My friend works in A&R for a record label and said that Fred Durst, Gene Simmons, and Puffy are all really rude and obnoxious. She said Puffy is the absolute worst and makes ridiculous demands (I remember something about water only be filled 2/3 of the way in all his glasses).
I'm not surprised that Puffy is rude and obnoxious. In that "Making the Band" show he did, he always made the contestants run the craziest errands...like get a cheesecake in the middle of the night.

I only met one "celebrity", Baby Bash and a guy who was apparently part of 50 Cent's entourage years ago in South Beach, FL. I got to take a photo with Baby Bash and had a nice brief conversation w/ the entourage member. Both very nice people from what I remember.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM

9,997 posts, read 7,119,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post

glad to hear Martin Sheen is nice. Also Janet Jackson.
What has Leo done recently or for that matter what has he ever done on film worth watching??? My answer-nothing!
Eminem should be thankful someone even asked. he's a nobody to me.
Puffy's ego is puffed up toooooo much. Ditto for Gene.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM

2,370 posts, read 2,395,953 times
Ive only met one celebirity but he wasnt a national one.He is also my friends grandfather.His name is Clayton Williams.He ran for governor of Texas in 90 but got beat by Ann Richards.Ive met him twice and read his book several times.he is more of a local celebrity.I live in Midland, Texas.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM

4,135 posts, read 3,030,304 times
Quote:
John Hartford
I wish I had met him or could have gone to one of his gigs, way back when. I loved this guy and so talented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities