U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Don Rickles
nice or rude?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,197,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I always have found country music stars to be nice overall and comfortable with their fans
Did you ever meet Toby Keith?????? I love him!!!!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
NICE:

NASTY:

Rick Springfield
No way !!! Seriously ?????

I was SO in love with him all through high school. He was my DREAM man lol.

How was he nasty ? You HAVE to tell me lol

Come to think of it...it did seem he was more attentive to the blondes in the audience then us redheads & brunettes lol

Old 03-10-2012, 05:36 AM

33,948 posts, read 32,373,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

The funny thing is, some of the actors who played the good guys in the Mortal Kombat movies were not nice or friendly and those who played the bad guys were super cool and nice. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa was really nice and chatty (partially trying to promote his clothing business out of Hawaii), very friendly in general. Chris Casamassa (Scorpion) was as nice as they come. Benny "The Jet" was a total gentleman and very intense.
That was my experience with pro hockey players, too. The nicest guys off the ice were the ones always fighting on the ice.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:46 AM

33,948 posts, read 32,373,038 times
I love this thread.

Does anyone think that maybe for people (and child actors) going into acting, that in addition to acting class, there should be a class on how to deal with the public? I realize only a small percentage actually have to deal with the public but it couldn't hurt.

You would think as actors, they would all know how to pretend to be nice but I guess if some screenwriter doesn't write it down for them, some of them are lost.

I was at a function once for a TV show where the screenwriter speaking to our group called the actors "meat puppets."

Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,810,185 times
In the late 1980s I worked for Gene Autry, the original movie Singing Cowboy. By that time he was very much an old person being cared for by his wife and others, so I can't say that I got to know HIM at all. But I do judge all people by how they treat animals, and he SO loved his horse Champion (by this time it was the 3rd Champion). He wouldn't let his wife sell his ranch (the land worth huge $$$ by then) until Champion died - that horse lived into its 40s.

I did meet a lot of Mr. Autry's friends and associates, old Cowboy actors. They were unfailingly polite - although sexist in the old fashioned way. I formed the opinion that they thought of their "acting" as just a job at which they worked as hard as they would any other job. They did NOT consider themselves "stars". It helped that most came from poor backgrounds and most had previously worked manual labor. They thought of themselves more as cowboys than as movie or tv stars.

There were 3 types of those guys: 1) the kind who had gotten movie/tv work because they were extremely good looking. Those guys just seemed kind of embarassed about it all. 2) the kind who had gotten into tv and movie work from the theater - they seemed to have the most emotional issues - many were gay (The other guys just accepted them as they were - but they were joked about), and 3) the kind who got into it from rodeo or stunt work. They were the men's men - some just strongly exuded testosterone and were really attractive even though they were old and never were traditionally good looking.

The one line I remember most from that period that still makes me laugh was from a guy who was a bit player in tons of Westerns, both movie and tv. He told me that "all the big stars had to have big heads" (physically) because that made them more visible on-screen. I still think that's funny - there do seem to be a lot of teensy short actors with big heads and faces!

The other thing I remember was that even these down to earth guys seemed to have pretty screwed up, unpleasant, kids. I think people who are "famous by association" are the biggest jerks.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,015,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The other thing I remember was that even these down to earth guys seemed to have pretty screwed up, unpleasant, kids. I think people who are "famous by association" are the biggest jerks.
I agree in my limited experience.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:07 AM

22,151 posts, read 26,606,075 times
I attend the Hollywood collectors show in Burbank once or twice a year.

Been going since the late-'90s or early-2000s.

Among those I've met and talked to, the nicest were:

(In no order)

Robert Pine (CHiPs)
Joyce DeWitt (Three's Company)
Johnny Crawford (The Rifleman)
Dirk Benedict (The A-Team)

Haven't really met any rude celebrities, but these two seemed like they didn't want to talk to fans except for a quick "hello" or two answer a question or two...

George Kennedy
David Soul

Old 03-13-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Nicest:

Jimmy Stewart
John Wayne
I really would have liked to met those those guys.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
That was part of it he has huge hands and is I guess you would say big boned. He shook our hands and his hands were huge. But like I said I am 6' and my husband 6'3" and he towered over both of us. So I am not going to believe he is 6' 2". He has very long legs too. If I had to guess I would same Min 6' 4" max 6' 6". This was 25 years ago. Maybe he has shrunk
His peak height was 6'4". Yes, he has definitely shrunk a couple of inches. There is a forum I visit which discusses celebrity heights in depth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities