U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 PM

4,831 posts, read 5,418,824 times

Advertisements

I love these threads. I love the first hand tidbits. I'm so shallow......<S>

I have always said that I would bet DiCaprio was a prick. He was always traveling with a "posse". I think he is a hugely talented actor but I don't like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM

57 posts, read 95,832 times
I've only met one famous person and that is Lisa Loeb, back in the 90's. She was really nice.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 PM

12,978 posts, read 27,399,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Nicest was Heidi Klum ........
I totally agree. She is who I mentioned in my post here. Why cant everyone be like Heidi Klum? She's not just "nice for a celebrity", she a genuinely NICE human being who is down to earth, sweet, caring and funny.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 AM

7,714 posts, read 13,190,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
The nicest celeb I have EVER met is Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. We took some visiting family to our local micro-brewery in Sandpoint and he was in there with his crew. (They were heading to a maggot farm in Bonners Ferry nearby). My Sister in Law is a CRAZY fan of his show. They were done eating and just hanging out, so I went and asked him if I could get a photo with him with her. He came over to our table, sat down and chatted for about 5-10 minutes like he'd know us for years. Had a beer with us, took a bunch of pics...just the coolest guy you'd ever want to meet. Salt of the earth.

And this is just one of the reasons why I LOVE Mike Rowe!!!!!

I've never met any celebs, none that I can think of anyway, and I would never think to bother any of them for a photo or what have you, but my cousin has met her fair share of them having worked as a personal assistant to some of the biggest names out there. I once asked her who she thought was the nicest and who was the nastiest.

I was told David Beckham was the nicest. She was at a party and she was standing by her employer and David introduced himself and asked if he could get her a drink. She said not only is he soooo handsome in person, but he was just truly a kind guy.

She didn't have such nice words for Denzel Washington, whom she was on the set with daily for a couple of months.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM

435 posts, read 1,123,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
Ive only met one celebirity but he wasnt a national one.He is also my friends grandfather.His name is Clayton Williams.He ran for governor of Texas in 90 but got beat by Ann Richards.Ive met him twice and read his book several times.he is more of a local celebrity.I live in Midland, Texas.
Yep, he's the candidate who when asked about women being raped said something to the effect of "she should just lay back and enjoy it". Nice.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 PM

8,977 posts, read 14,965,601 times
i have met Chad Kroeger from Nickelback several times over the years.... and i have friends who have hung out and partied with him and the others..... WHAT a change in him from the early, "we're hungry" days to now.... and not a good one.... i noticed that as early as late 2007.....

Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 PM

11,790 posts, read 11,374,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
BY FAR the nastiest of them all has to be James Gandolfini from the Sopranos.
No words can describe how mean and horrible he was in real life.
Hmmm, so don't follow him and his family around with a camera? I get the feeling from watching that he'd warned the guy before.

I've met a few celebrities in various places and I never approach them. I might nod and smile if I'm that close or if not I just point them out quietly to whoever I'm with.

I totally don't get the autograph thing, and I especially don't understand why some people make a big deal out of it when they get told no.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM

17,032 posts, read 24,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziebeth View Post
Yep, he's the candidate who when asked about women being raped said something to the effect of "she should just lay back and enjoy it". Nice.
I believe that was former Indiana hoop coach Bobby Knight.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 PM

3,491 posts, read 4,853,890 times
no trust me it was claytie

Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM

3,491 posts, read 4,853,890 times
he's a real nice guy once you meet him i love him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities