Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2012, 01:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,566,836 times

Advertisements

I got a tweet from Kirsten Chenoweth when I first started tweeting early this year or late last year. I didn't even know who she was--not into stars and celebrities too much, but I was discussing my diabetic cat and she tweeted me about hers that passed over. She seems like a pretty down to earth person and is a big animal lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I grew up in Santa Monica so I got a chance to meet or see many celebrities.

RUDEST:

Jason Priestley - a complete Diva and dick. Drunken and obnoxious, and I saw him many times in the 80's and 90's.
Barbra Streisand - personification of conceited Diva
Ryan O'Neil- charming on the surface but one wrong move and he'll verbally castigate you in a profane diatribe
Leo DiCaprio- not handsome in real life, surprising short and a total A-HOLE!
Johnny Carson- A-HOLE!

NICEST:

Roger Federer-- very sweet, shy and much handsomer in person- a darling man
Gregory Peck -unbelievably wonderful
Ernest Borgnine- wonderful man, very giving to fans
Heard that L DiCaprio is an as* from more than one person. I did home health in Arizona and one of our visits was to his grandfather, living in a condo I think it was. We saw some memorabilia about him in the apartment and his photo album.
Ryan O'Neil, just seeing him on that reality show on OWN, wow, he's got issues. Couldn't say more than that--seems beyond troubled.
Streisand, I think she has big time personal issues, too! Money and fame just bring out your inner self moreso!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,684,336 times
I waited on Ginger Rogers once. This is going back to the 1980s. She was elderly at that point in her life. She was so curteous and polite. Still very attractive, too.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,481,345 times
I agree -- this is a fun thread!

There are tons of celebrities in Manhattan, and I never fail to see a few whenever I'm up there. Most people are very low-key and there seems to be an unwritten rule that one does not approach celebrities there.

A few encounters: We were eating at a medium trendy restaurant in Manhattan, and there was a couple near the back engaged in a terse, low-whisper conversation. It was very animated -- like they were fighting. So I intentionally did not look at them, until my daughter pointed out that the man was Kevin Bacon. He was shorter than I expected, veeeerry skinny -- and looked a lot older than he appears on screen. And he was with Kyra, who looked tiny and sweet and who smiled at us on their way out. He looked very sour and ticked off.

I also walked by Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch, during their SNL days. They were hanging out in front of a restaurant, waiting for a cab just like everyone else. Amy unbelievable tiny, Rachel -- not so much.

Recently saw Paul Giamatti on the #5 subway stop. We were leaving and he was entering. I love his work, so I leaned over and told him so, and he was very gracious and told me "thank you very much for that!." I think he was a little relieved I wasn't asking for his autograph (which I don't do).

I have family in Santa Monica, and once passed Chris Noth leaving Casa Del Mar one Sunday (we were going there for brunch) and he nodded and said,"Hi." Unbelievably handsome. Also saw Reese Witherspoon out jogging a year or so ago. She was a little flabby looking and had bad skin. Which is really unfair of me - I don't look so great without make-up either, lol!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:19 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,881,037 times
I haven't met many celebs. Of those I have met:

Rudest - Pauly Shore. He was pretty much the character he played in all his shows. He was douchey, loud, obnoxious, and just a real prick.

Nicest - Adam Sandler. I don't even like his movies (except Happy Gilmore). But he was very friendly and outgoing.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,248,564 times
Here's one I forgot -

Not actually one I met personally but all of Australia knows the truth about Justin Bieber.

Aussies are an informal lot, lacking almost entirely in awe or subservience towards the famous. Everyone gets treated pretty much the same here.

JB was performing live on some tv show. The stage manager gently grabbed his arm to guide him an inch to the left for the camera, and JB (15 or so at the time) snapped "get your f***ing hands off me" at this poor old guy who was old enough to be his grandfather and merely trying to do his job. The guy had dealt with uncounted GENUINE celebs before and JB was by far the rudest.

Not surprisingly, JB doesn't do that well down here. We don't like snotty little brats.

His PR machine will NEVER be able to reverse that one.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,721,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Here's one I forgot -

Not actually one I met personally but all of Australia knows the truth about Justin Bieber.

Aussies are an informal lot, lacking almost entirely in awe or subservience towards the famous. Everyone gets treated pretty much the same here.

JB was performing live on some tv show. The stage manager gently grabbed his arm to guide him an inch to the left for the camera, and JB (15 or so at the time) snapped "get your f***ing hands off me" at this poor old guy who was old enough to be his grandfather and merely trying to do his job. The guy had dealt with uncounted GENUINE celebs before and JB was by far the rudest.

Not surprisingly, JB doesn't do that well down here. We don't like snotty little brats.

His PR machine will NEVER be able to reverse that one.

he is such a flash in the pan. His 15 minutes should be nearly over. The little punk.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,248,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
he is such a flash in the pan. His 15 minutes should be nearly over. The little punk.
I know he's just a kid, his mother seems lovely, but seriously.

He needs a clip around the ear...disrespectful little turd.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM

Immaturity. How can a kid really understand fame and how to react to it at that age? The ego is there, but underneath, lots of undevelopment.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,595,321 times
I met Tony Little a few days ago..he was at the mall...I was walking by him..seemed nice...everyone was yelling "hey Tony" he smiled and waved..got into his car with his wife and kid. That would get old real quick..50 people yelling your name...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities