Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times

Advertisements

I talked to my sister today and she reminded me that we had once met and saw actor ryan o neal on a flight from ny to california or could have been the other way around but anyways my sister and i were talking and I heard a voice and I told my sister I know that voice I turn around in my seat and look and there is ryan O neal in the seats behind us . He says hi howya doin ... my sister then turns around and says you're ryan o neal and he said well I sure hope so or I have someone else's ticket LOL .. we all had a good chuckle over that one . Very nice man asked our names asked where we were from ? we started talking about how nice peyton place was for us , he then sssh everybody will know how old we all are . he was a hoot seemed very nice and personable to me . Now my brother he has met Julia Roberts and she was nasty and so was her brother Eric they were together on our brothers flight and he told me that she and her brother eric were so rude to the flight staff , he just could not believe it . But yeah mr oneal made the flight interesting to say the least and that is one plane trip I will never forget and btw I think clint eastwood has lost his mind trader going to the obama camp .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 02:33 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I talked to my sister today and she reminded me that we had once met and saw actor ryan o neal on a flight from ny to california or could have been the other way around but anyways my sister and i were talking and I heard a voice and I told my sister I know that voice I turn around in my seat and look and there is ryan O neal in the seats behind us . He says hi howya doin ... my sister then turns around and says you're ryan o neal and he said well I sure hope so or I have someone else's ticket LOL .. we all had a good chuckle over that one . Very nice man asked our names asked where we were from ? we started talking about how nice peyton place was for us , he then sssh everybody will know how old we all are . he was a hoot seemed very nice and personable to me . Now my brother he has met Julia Roberts and she was nasty and so was her brother Eric they were together on our brothers flight and he told me that she and her brother eric were so rude to the flight staff , he just could not believe it . But yeah mr oneal made the flight interesting to say the least and that is one plane trip I will never forget and btw I think clint eastwood has lost his mind trader going to the obama camp .
I read through part of this thread and there are 4 or more posts about Julia Roberts and how rude she is! Interesting.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:25 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
never heard a single good thing about Julia Roberts.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Danny Glover when he was in Pittsburgh way back in the 80's a real down to earth guy.
D. Muntumbo Pro Basketball player at a raggae concert in D.C nice guy, I did'nt care talking to his bellybutton though
David Robinson, when I was stationed in San Antonio, he had got drafted earlier in the week an we were talking at the club called Illusions. Real nice guy to talk to.
Wiz Khalifa, I knew him since he was 12 still has his head on straight I still talk to him from time to time.
Allen Iverson, a real butthole, but in all fairness he was 16 and he had a crush on my girlfriend's daughter.
Dujuan Blair, great kid went to school with my son and I played basketball with his uncle.
Dan Marino, when he was to Pitt he was an azzhole (might have been the nose candy)
Joe Paterno, I parked in his spot once and we talk for a good while, classy dude I will always have respect for him
Dwayne Dolphin, world reknown bassist I went to school with him, really, really cool dude

Last edited by simetime; 03-02-2013 at 05:46 PM..

Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 AM

580 posts, read 964,671 times
I met a local celebrity of sorts. She's one of the news casters for the local FOX station her name was Monica. She was buying something at the Walgreens near our house. I was completely silent but she was nice. My family said hello though. You'd think I'd have met a lot more living around Las Vegas and everything. My mom even met many more celebrities when she worked at Toys R' Us. Oh well. I guess it shows that I have to get out more.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
never heard a single good thing about Julia Roberts.
I met her tons of times when she and Kiefer Sutherland were together and she was very nice and friendly, maybe a little shy even. I was a bartender at a restaurant in Beverly Hills and they came in 2 or 3 times a week. I remember one time, she had just gotten a new BMW and kept driving with no plates. When she said she had them in the car, the waiter brought Kiefer a screwdriver on a silver tray and he actually went out and put them on for her so she wouldn't get pulled over.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I met her tons of times when she and Kiefer Sutherland were together and she was very nice and friendly, maybe a little shy even. I was a bartender at a restaurant in Beverly Hills and they came in 2 or 3 times a week. I remember one time, she had just gotten a new BMW and kept driving with no plates. When she said she had them in the car, the waiter brought Kiefer a screwdriver on a silver tray and he actually went out and put them on for her so she wouldn't get pulled over.

she was younger then and maybe celebrity had not gone to her head yet.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,740,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Grand Cayman in the 80s.

Nicest- Jon Bon Jovi.
Rudest- Tommy Lee. He was with Heather Locklear at the time, she was a sweetheart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Jon Bon Jovi - I am acquainted with the family of a mentally impaired young woman who adores him. When he appeared in our town, it was arranged for her to meet him. He sat with her backstage for over a half hour and was as kind as could be. Fast forward to her birthday, she got a phone call from - guess who? Yes, he had his manager note her birthday during their meeting and arranged to call with birthday greetings.
And a third for Mr. Bon Jovi!

I was a squealing, spandex wearing, big-haired 80's teen for a bit, obsessed with JBJ. My older brother found out where the band was staying, and I was able to meet Jon Bon Jovi in the hotel lounge after the show. No one else was around at all, and the other lounge patrons did not recognize him. He was looking very ordinary in a green Army jacket and had his hair pulled back.

I was ridiculously giggly and embarrassed; my brother had worked in the music industry a bit, was used to encountering some big names in music, and was much more confident and normal in this situation so he approached him and explained that his little sister wanted to meet him, then introduced us. The most charming thing was how he, when he held out his hand, started to tell me "I'm Jon, nice to meet you", then realized how silly it was since I obviously knew who he was, and proceeded to blush adorably.

He was just so very down to earth, not at all annoyed or arrogant and we had a nice little chat before heading out to let him do his own thing. Good to read other stories that confirm it.

I don't remember any rude ones except Pat Travers.. does anyone even know who he is though? I have run into local TV folks and the male news guys seem to be more likely than not to be asses.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:19 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
met and chatted with Johnny Hickman last Saturday (1/2 of the band Cracker) .... he and Ed Anderson are out on a short acoustic tour..... was a GREAT show at a great venue.... intimate.... and he is a very gracious, personable and approachable musician.....

Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I don't remember any rude ones except Pat Travers.. does anyone even know who he is though?

"Boom, Boom, Out Go The Lights"

"Snortin' Whisky, Drinkin' Cocaine"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities