Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 AM

182 posts, read 476,834 times

Advertisements

Bill Cosby - Extremely nice guy. He was my undergraduate commencement speaker. He took the time to speak to, shake the hand of and take a picture with every graduate (there were at least 400 of us).

Muhammad Ali - Another wonderful guy. My parents and I met him in 1998 in Atlanta when I was getting dropped off for college. His nephew stayed in the dorm next to mine. Though he didn't talk very much because of his condition, he still had his playful personality (he play "boxed" with my dad to try to get my mom).

Al Gore - A nice guy as well. In the months before the 2000 election, he did a speaking engagement at my college. He hung around shaking hands, talking and taking pictures for at least an hour after the event was over. I was impressed that he spent so much time given that it was pretty much a given that he was not going to carry the state of Georgia.

George W. Bush - As much as I disagreed with his policies, he was a very nice and down to earth guy. My wife worked in the White House during his second term, so I got to meet him at a couple Christmas parties and also got to meet him in the Oval Office right before his second term ended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
I forgot to add from my original post here Dave Gahan and Mike Portnoy. Both were really nice and talkative.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
NICEST..........
Tammy Wynette
Sheree J Wilson
Della Reese
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Jo Ann Worley
Chuck Norris
Dennis Rodman

RUDEST..........
Lee Greenwood
Ru Paul
Dione Sanders
Michael Irvin

Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSmooth View Post
...snipped...
George W. Bush - As much as I disagreed with his policies, he was a very nice and down to earth guy. My wife worked in the White House during his second term, so I got to meet him at a couple Christmas parties and also got to meet him in the Oval Office right before his second term ended.
oohhh, you have gone and done it now....you will become a social pariah....lol. I have heard from others that Bush could be a very nice guy. Same when I met Rush Limbaugh, very nice fellow.....peope are people.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
Haven't met all that many celebrities.

Nicest: Billy Baldwin and his wife Chynna Phillips. Very down to earth and normal.

Briefly met Barbara BelGeddes(Miss Ellie from the Original Dallas series) years ago. Very gracious.

Can't say I've ever encountered a rude celebrity, but I know they're out there.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
I just met Chris Robinson the other night. He was extremely nice. I took a picture with him and the whole band.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
I just met George Lopez at a restaurant in NYC a few weeks ago. He seemed like a really nice guy.
I also met Randy Jackson and his family on a plane, flew with them from Denver. Him and his wife were really nice.
But the best one of them all was Billy Dee Williams. That guy was just so cool.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I've met Tony Hsieh CEO of Zappos.com which gets rave reviews for how it treats its employees. He is real down to earth and only pulls a salary of $33-36k a year. You would never think he is a CEO.

Also met Nick Novak, who is an NFL kicker. He actually trained with one of my close friends who is a former NFL kicker himself. Real quiet guy.

Sugar Bear, who is big time on the go-go music scene, worked at my HS in Virginia while I attended there. Pretty approachable and you could always crack a joke with him.
Lot's of CEOs pull down small salaries to keep taxes lower. I'm sure he's a great guy, but not because of his low salary.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
glad to hear Martin Sheen is nice. Also Janet Jackson.
What has Leo done recently or for that matter what has he ever done on film worth watching??? My answer-nothing!
Eminem should be thankful someone even asked. he's a nobody to me.
Puffy's ego is puffed up toooooo much. Ditto for Gene.
Whaa? He may be a prick in real life, but he's made some really great movies! Titanic (didn't like it when I originally saw it but liked it much more when I saw it recently). Gangs of New York, The Departed, Blood Diamond....come to think of it, when has he done a movie that wasn't worth watching?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopremeBeing View Post
I have not met any rude celebs, fortunately. But I remember working at Six Flags during high school, and Drew Barrymore was filming Fever Pitch at the park. She'd been filming for a number of hours and it was a very hot day as well. A bunch of my coworkers and I had finished work and were waiting at the bus stop when Drew walked out. She was finished filming for the day, and just came over and started shooting the breeze with us. She was very nice and pretty funny too.
Just from her interviews, Drew Barrymore has always struck me as very nice and fun. She's always so positive about everything. I pictured her as the type of person who can look at an ugly person and find the best feature about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities