U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 01:57 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,605,701 times

Advertisements

Couldn't place Michael Biehn, so looked him up. Apparently, he's another who has trouble with alcohol.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,363,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Celebrities that don't choose to live in a hub of activity can lead a pretty normal life.

Not a lot of photogs, etc. hanging out in the middle of Iowa, for instance.

Take Alec Baldwin......if he really hates all of the attention.....move out of NYC!

No need to work at McDonalds or be a teacher.
Why should he? NYC is the most exciting city in the world, why should he have to move? He's not breaking any laws, arguably, the paps are. Just because he's famous, doesn't mean anyone has a right to devour his private life too.

Papping the baby, for Gods sake. The baby isn't famous or noteworthy, she's a baby just laying there!

NYC should make paparazzi illegal. Hollywood, not so much...it's a fame based town.

In Australia, all sorts of famous folks wander around unharrassed by (Australian) paps because over here we just don't care.

We are all famous in our own minds in Australia and tend to treat even the Queen like she's the old dear next door popped in for a beer.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 AM

624 posts, read 748,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Couldn't place Michael Biehn, so looked him up. Apparently, he's another who has trouble with alcohol.
It seemed strange to me that he would come to something like an Aliens reunion at a convention if he was so antisocial. Must've needed the cash for something. No judgments there...a lot of celebs who do conventions do it for the money, not always because of essential money troubles but often for charity or to finance a pet project.

Talking about Biehn reminds me...I also met Rutger Hauer at a convention. He was another odd case, the opposite of what one usually sees. Very generous with fans but rude to fellow celebs. Go figure.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 AM

624 posts, read 748,556 times
Speaking of celebs who do conventions, Linda Hamilton seems very sweet. I didn't talk to her myself as I'm not really a fan, but watched her outside hanging out with convention-goers and she acted like she was just one of the crowd. No ego evident.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:35 PM

14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Why should he? NYC is the most exciting city in the world, why should he have to move? He's not breaking any laws, arguably, the paps are. Just because he's famous, doesn't mean anyone has a right to devour his private life too.

Papping the baby, for Gods sake. The baby isn't famous or noteworthy, she's a baby just laying there!

NYC should make paparazzi illegal. Hollywood, not so much...it's a fame based town.

In Australia, all sorts of famous folks wander around unharrassed by (Australian) paps because over here we just don't care.

We are all famous in our own minds in Australia and tend to treat even the Queen like she's the old dear next door popped in for a beer.
However.....what the paparazzi are doing in Alec Baldwin's case isn't illegal at this time. On the other hand, Alec laying hands on them is. They are not hiding in the bushes taking pictures of him in his yard.....they are taking pictures of him and his family on public streets.

Should he have to move? Of course not.....but at this point in time he has to weigh the "excitement" of living in NYC and dealing with paparazzi.

He has choices.

If the paparazzi bother him THAT much.....he can move to someplace where he is unlikely to encounter them.

If I was worried about the privacy of my child.....I would move.....hands down.....instead of putting my love of NYC first.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:20 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,107,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
[color=purple]Don't know if I mentioned this, but I met boxer Thomas (Hit Man) Hearns years ago in a hospital waiting room.....
However, I got the autograph - and some graham crackers - from the waiting room.
I don't follow boxing so no idea who he is, but for the life of me I cannot imagine approaching anyone for an autograph while they are in a hospital waiting room.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,310,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I don't follow boxing so no idea who he is, but for the life of me I cannot imagine approaching anyone for an autograph while they are in a hospital waiting room.
Whatever.

You weren't there. You don't know, so it doesn't matter.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 13,612,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Was a nurse in a hospital for years,I absolutely agree.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:48 PM

10,589 posts, read 10,315,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I wouldn't think of the time as wasted years. Sounds like an interesting profession. Give yourself break and think of it as " good, fun times"
Yes....it was great...surrounded by smart handsome men...intelligent beautiful woman...creative people...great food- everyday was different...Getting in the car and going to a new location every day....the money was not bad...and it fed the kids.....I suppose what it was - was in the fact I could not hold a normal job because I would find it boring...this kept my interest...You are right...it may have been rough and tumble work at times but is was always interesting. What I did learn to do was respect myself more. I learned the celebrities were no better than the average person ...and I do not look up to them as gods....I have seen their faults and weaknesses..They are just people....and actually the nobodies were more intriguing..in the long run...

Some night shoots were grand...People flying through the air...stunt men tumbling in unison...helicopters dashing by....balls of fire set in motion at the flick of a switch...Some large scenes were art in themselves...the precision and the professionalism was amazing...split second timing...getting everything right the first time...I have to admit....a well seasoned film crew can do anything...Most of the special effects were not computer generated...back in the 80s and 90s...It was human skill.

I remember having a small bit as a detective...it was a party scene and my job consisted of keeping the intimate company of the most beautiful woman in the world...things that would never have happened in real life...Imagine arm in arm with the most fantastic intelligent and physically beautiful woman you can imagine....18 hour days of heaven....Okay...thinking back....it was a wonderful period in my life...almost 2 decades that started off as a lark............I just wish I had never squandered my pension...actors and those connected to the business have the best pension plans in the world...

Even the lowest players in the business would cash in their pensions and buy nice little homes and to settle in their old age....it was one of the few places in the world were being a UNION man payed off....I actually miss the people.....

Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,310,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Was a nurse in a hospital for years,I absolutely agree.
Whatever. Something that happened decades ago needs no explanation - especially to strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities