U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM

805 posts, read 1,261,261 times

Advertisements

Stood in line in front of Sandra Bullock at Whole Foods once and we chatted about random stuff. Later that same night we ended up sitting next to each other at a Kings hockey game. She was with Jesse James then. She told me she promised she was not stalking me. Lol. Very sweet person.
Dick Van Dyke and Buddy Epson both had daughters who showed horses back when I did. They were pretty normal horse show dads.
Met Jimmy Carter when I was doing a presentation at the Carter Center. He was very nice.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 39,766 times
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are really sweet and very down to earth. They went to church with some of my family. They went out of their way to always be polite, and learned people's names. I met them on several occasions and they really could not have been nicer.

I met Mark Harmon at a charity baseball game about 7 years ago. Really quiet guy, a little shy maybe?, but great with kids and extremely attractive. (And I say that knowing he's 30 years older than me! In person he looked mid forties at most and at the time I met him he was 55!) He was so sweet to my friend's little girl whom I took to get an autograph. He chatted her up for a minute or two.

I met the members of P.O.D. back in the day when they first hit it big. Super nice guys! Took pics and signed autographs... asked about me and my family. Really down to earth.

Met Jennifer Knapp (singer/songwriter) waaay back. She is super tiny... maybe 5'1" or 5'2", but she was so sweet, talked to me for several minutes, gave me a hug, and then invited me to eat lunch with her and her band, which I did.

Senator Tom Coburn (Oklahoma) was really nice and down to earth. The rest of the politicians I've met were pretty much total jerks. (That goes for Dems and Republicans alike).

One that specifically comes to mind is (former) Oklahoman Rep. John Sullivan. We sat next to him and his family at a local restaurant. I recognized him immediately. He was a jerk to the staff and came off as a pompous prick when talking to his own kids. On top of that, he went through at least three glasses of wine while we were there and he was supposed to be a recovering alcoholic! He'd been in rehab at Betty Ford clinic about a year prior to this night we saw him. I couldn't have been happier when he got booted out of office last year after seeing what he's like in person.

Senator Jim Inhofe (Oklahoma) is also kind of an entitled jerk at times apparently. A family member knows him very well from working with him through a charity organization. I've met him a couple of times. He was friendly on the surface, but that friendliness died down the longer I was around him. In his defense, I don't think he likes my relative very much. Hahaha.

Last edited by Medmommy; 11-15-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 AM

1,344 posts, read 2,576,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I also had the misfortune of dealing that filthy animal Lou Reed.
Google his name and read what others have said.
Here is what I find really interesting. BOTH Lou Reed and James Gandolfini were mean and nasty. And as of 2013, both are dead at a relatively early age. Coincidence?

Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
laid back.
...with his mind on his money and his money on his mind.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 39,766 times
Forgot to mention Eric Roberts (Julia Roberts brother) and Vivica Fox. I was an extra in a tv movie they did last year. I saw them briefly, and couldn't gauge much, other than to say that both were friendly, but my friend was a production assistant on the movie and spent a considerable amount of time around them. She had stories galore. Eric Roberts is apparently a very odd duck. He's nice, but sometimes overly flirtatious and handsy. He is also very particular about stupid things. He wanted a red microfiber bath robe for a scene and my friend was sent all over town to about a dozen stores before she found one fitting his tastes.

Vivica was nice, but a little bit icy until she got comfortable with people. Apparently though, when she loosens up, she has a wicked sense of humor. At the wrap party she had people in stitches.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post

Eddie Van Halen and Michael Anthony nicest guys ever!
didn't actually meet them but one afternoon before that night's concert in my hometown of Niagara Falls, I happened to be across the street from their hotel and Michael Anthony came out and I yelled 'Hey Michael Anthony!' And he waved and smiled. He could have ignored me.

Same concert time, David Lee Roth was at a St. Patrick's Day party that I was also at, he seemed bigger than life. The kind of guy who fills up a whole room with his presence.

I met Frank Sinatra's brother once when I was a waitress. First time I ever got to try Dom Perignon!

The band BTO...very nice. Gave me a guitar pick. Heard they tipped the waitress great.

Was in a bar with Dennis Rodman once in California...didn't meet him but he seemed to be as obnoxious as you would think.

My dad met Glen Campbell and John Davidson (70s stars) and said both were egotistical jerks.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM

4,931 posts, read 4,639,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Here is what I find really interesting. BOTH Lou Reed and James Gandolfini were mean and nasty. And as of 2013, both are dead at a relatively early age. Coincidence?

Reed made it to 71, not so early, particularly considering the years of junkiedom.

Gandolfini was pretty early at 51.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:24 AM

1,108 posts, read 758,946 times
I met the members of Guess Who when I was fourteen at The Bay in Montreal! (I'm old...er, old-ish!)

They were all unfriendly, especially Burton Cummings, who had his head up his arse, save for their drummer,
Garry Peterson. He was nice to everyone, even us giggling hens (teenaged girls).

I met Simon Garfunkle, and though a very quiet man, he was very nice. Met him at a club once when he managed a band who played there that night. He even put up with people coming to his table, where he was sitting alone, save for us at the pushed against table next to his asking for his autograph for their mothers!

Also met the late Johnny Thunders in London while he was living there and I was there on vacation to visit relatives in '78 or '79. Very strange dude.

He was in the lobby at the hotel I was staying at, stared intently at me, nodded very slightly, and then turned and walked away.

Next day the manager of the hotel told me that he'd left me a message. He invited me to a party at a hotel further up the road, an exclusive place.

Knowing his drug history, though, I didn't go. Had enough troubles at the time myself with drinkin' and didn't think it was a good idea. I often wonder if I made the right decision. I'd always been a Dolls fan and always had a crush on Johnny Thunders.

He was a small man, barely taller than I am (5'4").

In May of 1969, my friend and I met John and Yoko at their bed-in at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. That is thanks to my friend's persistence. We met Yoko's daughter, Kyoko, too...she was a real pest!

John Lennon, long my idol and hero, was as brusque and as nasty as could be (heroin daze, perhaps) but Yoko was very sweet to us.

I got to dance with Donald Sutherland in 1977 at Toronto's Festival of Festivals. He is the nicest man one could ever hope to meet. Trust me, he looks so much better in person than he does in films and in photos. He's very tall. When I met him, his hair was silvery blond and he was wearing a black velvet jacket. He looked amazing.

Of course, I had to drink two or three vodka and Tangs (blech, Tang, I know!) before I had the guts to ask him to dance. What? You think he asked me to dance?

Old 11-16-2013, 10:32 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,028,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post

I got to dance with Donald Sutherland in 1977 at Toronto's Festival of Festivals. He is the nicest man one could ever hope to meet. Trust me, he looks so much better in person than he does in films and in photos. He's very tall. When I met him, his hair was silvery blond and he was wearing a black velvet jacket. He looked amazing.

Of course, I had to drink two or three vodka and Tangs (blech, Tang, I know!) before I had the guts to ask him to dance. What? You think he asked me to dance?
I think this might be the coolest story in the entire thread.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 PM

7,839 posts, read 10,144,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I met the members of Guess Who when I was fourteen at The Bay in Montreal! (I'm old...er, old-ish!)

They were all unfriendly, especially Burton Cummings, who had his head up his arse, save for their drummer,
Garry Peterson. He was nice to everyone, even us giggling hens (teenaged girls).

I met Simon Garfunkle, and though a very quiet man, he was very nice. Met him at a club once when he managed a band who played there that night. He even put up with people coming to his table, where he was sitting alone, save for us at the pushed against table next to his asking for his autograph for their mothers!

Also met the late Johnny Thunders in London while he was living there and I was there on vacation to visit relatives in '78 or '79. Very strange dude.

He was in the lobby at the hotel I was staying at, stared intently at me, nodded very slightly, and then turned and walked away.

Next day the manager of the hotel told me that he'd left me a message. He invited me to a party at a hotel further up the road, an exclusive place.

Knowing his drug history, though, I didn't go. Had enough troubles at the time myself with drinkin' and didn't think it was a good idea. I often wonder if I made the right decision. I'd always been a Dolls fan and always had a crush on Johnny Thunders.

He was a small man, barely taller than I am (5'4").

In May of 1969, my friend and I met John and Yoko at their bed-in at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. That is thanks to my friend's persistence. We met Yoko's daughter, Kyoko, too...she was a real pest!

John Lennon, long my idol and hero, was as brusque and as nasty as could be (heroin daze, perhaps) but Yoko was very sweet to us.

Wow, too bad about John Lennon. I guess Donald Sutherland made up for it! Some are nice, some are nasty...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities