U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 PM

28 posts, read 64,808 times

Advertisements

President Clinton --- Mesmerizing and really charismatic
Al Green ---- Extremely Friendly
Marie Osmond --- Surprised that she was prettier than she looks on TV. Extra nice
Carol Channing --- Sweetest person
Tempest Bledsoe --- reserved but pleasant
Michael Jordan --- Rudest person I have EVER encountered
Andre 3000 --- cool as a fan

Working in hospitality affords you opportunities to meet several different people and you get to see sides of them that the general public will never view. I loved every minute of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM

2,813 posts, read 4,311,765 times
George Takai. He is one of the most charming people I have ever met.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,198 times
Hello,

Does anyone have anything on Hilary Duff, Jennifer Lawrence, or Kiefer Sutherland?

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 AM

9,616 posts, read 9,467,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleNS View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have anything on Hilary Duff, Jennifer Lawrence, or Kiefer Sutherland?

Thanks!
About 15 years ago, Kiefer Southerland sat down next to me at the airport bar in St Maarten. It was 10am. I was drinking snapple and he was drinking Jack Daniels. He was pretty cool. He was complaining about what a rip off it is that you have to pay an exit tax that all the Carribean airports charge. That's what I remember about our conversation because I thought it was odd that someone with his money would care.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,747,950 times
I met John Denver once. He smelled of alcohol, pretentiousness, over powering cologne, and insecurity.

Not as open, friendly, or down to earth as I thought/expected he would be; however I made a couple of quick witted comments and he let his guard down. After that, he seemed friendly enough. In all fairness, I met him in his advanced age. Life, especially that of a celebrity, has a way of taking a toll on even the best people.

Side note: He was also a lot shorter and poundage-laden than I expected.

Last edited by picklejuice; 12-17-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 11,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
About 15 years ago, Kiefer Southerland sat down next to me at the airport bar in St Maarten. It was 10am. I was drinking snapple and he was drinking Jack Daniels. He was pretty cool. He was complaining about what a rip off it is that you have to pay an exit tax that all the Carribean airports charge. That's what I remember about our conversation because I thought it was odd that someone with his money would care.
Strange lol

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 AM

6,695 posts, read 7,352,949 times
The nicest celebrity I have met would be a tie between Jerry Clower and Charlie Daniels. Both of them were friendly and talkative, and they both acted like any regular old boy would act.

The rudest, surprisingly, was Jerry Lewis. Maybe it was jet lag, maybe he was having a bad day, but I met him in a hotel lobby and the only words that I can think of to describe him are arrogant and imperious.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:08 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The nicest celebrity I have met would be a tie between Jerry Clower and Charlie Daniels. Both of them were friendly and talkative, and they both acted like any regular old boy would act.

The rudest, surprisingly, was Jerry Lewis. Maybe it was jet lag, maybe he was having a bad day, but I met him in a hotel lobby and the only words that I can think of to describe him are arrogant and imperious.

have heard this over and again about Jerry Lewis. In fact I don't think anyone who has ever met him and told of it had anything nice to say about him. He aint all that and never was.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:38 PM

7,849 posts, read 10,147,526 times
Wow, interesting how these celebrities covers are blown! Hehe. Great thread.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
duplicate post. I love this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities