Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 06:37 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times

Advertisements

I have encountered Vince Gill and Amy Grant several times in Nashville. They were both very pleasant to be around, except one occasion on the golf course when Vince was playing badly. He has a temper when he screws up a shot. I rode the elevator at Vanderbilt Hospital with Garth Brooks once, very nice guy. I also saw Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban eating at Pancake Pantry. While I didn't have conversation with them, I did observe how they interacted with those around them. It was obvious they didn't want to socialize, but they were friendly and courteous to the wait staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 PM

860 posts, read 2,715,390 times
I once accidentally bumped my stroller into the leg of David Crosby (of Crosby Stills and Nash)at an outdoor patio restaurant in Santa Barbara and he was very nice about it, easy going. He resumed his meal with Bob Hoskins. My Aunt recognized them, I did not until she pointed it out.
I heard in Naples Long Beach near Seal Beach that Vicki Lawrence of Mamas family and Carol Burnette fame was quite a rude and cranky shopper at the Ralphs there. I think she's very talented but the store employees who pointed out that she had just left ahead of me really did not like her attitude, or Raquel Welch's diva-ish shopping but esp. Lawrence.
Whoppi Goldberg shot a movie near where I lived and she was very nice to the fans who approached her.She had a really hard time driving the old car in Corrina Corrina though!

If people were hounding me all the time I would not be always charming, so I am not too put off. If people were hoovering near my kids, I would go off on them I am disgusted by the way that celeb kids are stalked and hounded. I admire celebrity parents who stand up to paparazzi for their children and understand those who loose their cool when their families are involved, like Catherine Zeta Jones.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I landed a suite next to Alice Cooper at a Phoenix Coyotoes game about a year ago. I caught him out in the hallway and he was signing autographs and was a pleasant as can be. I've also seen him at a Suns game. That man sure loves to support his sports teams!

he has always struck me as a genuinely nice guy.... although i have never met him, myself.....

i have met Wes Scantlin from Puddle of Mudd on several occasions.... a real odd duck, that one......

Old 04-18-2011, 12:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Nicest:

Jimmy Stewart
John Wayne
Rush Limbaugh
Judge John Hill
Peter Ustinov

Rudest:

Jimmy Carter
Billy Carter
Ann Richards
My local Police Chief

Ugh...a family member worked the Carter detail for a number of years down in GA and the horror stories I heard about him! Total pig! Same could be said of Clinton (he worked the '92 presidential campaign.) Nothing but great stories about the Bush family though...very respectful and kind to the men & women protecting them, treated them like family.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ugh...a family member worked the Carter detail for a number of years down in GA and the horror stories I heard about him! Total pig! Same could be said of Clinton (he worked the '92 presidential campaign.) Nothing but great stories about the Bush family though...very respectful and kind to the men & women protecting them, treated them like family.
JIMMY CARTER????? Really?? Say it aint so

Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Sounds like partisan politics at work here.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:41 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Wish my mom had known that many years ago.......she never got over me going to an Alice Cooper concert!!!!

Well, it was one where he was tearing off heads of baby dolls , so I guess I can see what mom's issues were..........they were just a new group with silly antics for the press at the time in 1972 or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I landed a suite next to Alice Cooper at a Phoenix Coyotoes game about a year ago. I caught him out in the hallway and he was signing autographs and was a pleasant as can be. I've also seen him at a Suns game. That man sure loves to support his sports teams!

Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Wish my mom had known that many years ago.......she never got over me going to an Alice Cooper concert!!!!

Well, it was one where he was tearing off heads of baby dolls , so I guess I can see what mom's issues were..........they were just a new group with silly antics for the press at the time in 1972 or so...
Tell Mom Alice Cooper is absolutely beloved in the Phoenix area. B.e.l.o.v.e.d. I've never heard anyone bad mouth the man.

Even Sheriff Joe likes him and Sheriff Joe hates everybody.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
LOL, that is great!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tell Mom Alice Cooper is absolutely beloved in the Phoenix area. B.e.l.o.v.e.d. I've never heard anyone bad mouth the man.

Even Sheriff Joe likes him and Sheriff Joe hates everybody.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:53 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
JIMMY CARTER????? Really?? Say it aint so
If you want to read what the Secret Service thought of Jimmy Carter read "In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect "

He came out the absolute worst of all of the presidents from Kennedy through Obama and it wasn't based on his politics but how he treated people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities