U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Reputation: 22163

Advertisements

I never really met any face to face except Dave Madden -- Kinkaid from the Patridge family show who thought everyone should know who he was but my cousins would see John Wayne around and said he was really nice, acted like the guy next door. A close friend was at a party with Billy Joel and said he was a jerk, really full of himself. I've heard that Hank 3 is one of the nicest celebrities there is, very appreciative of his fans.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2013, 09:55 PM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Reputation: 19530
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I never really met any face to face except Dave Madden -- Kinkaid from the Patridge family show who thought everyone should know who he was but my cousins would see John Wayne around and said he was really nice, acted like the guy next door. A close friend was at a party with Billy Joel and said he was a jerk, really full of himself. I've heard that Hank 3 is one of the nicest celebrities there is, very appreciative of his fans.
always had Billy Joel pegged as a potential jerk. Talented guy though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 10:16 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
9,652 posts, read 9,485,076 times
Reputation: 6774
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
always had Billy Joel pegged as a potential jerk. Talented guy though.
I have run into him a handful of times and he has always been very nice. He rides around town on a Stella scooter (like a Vespa) with a side car and waves to people, and hangs out at the local restaurant bar and talks to everyone. One time, he even posed for a picture with my wife and I when we were out for our anniversary dinner. This is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying anything bad about him. He must have been having a bad day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Reputation: 19530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have run into him a handful of times and he has always been very nice. He rides around town on a Stella scooter (like a Vespa) with a side car and waves to people, and hangs out at the local restaurant bar and talks to everyone. One time, he even posed for a picture with my wife and I when we were out for our anniversary dinner. This is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying anything bad about him. He must have been having a bad day.

well now that is good to hear another side of him. Thanks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 PM
 
39 posts, read 60,175 times
Reputation: 83
I've met a few celebrities, but the nicest one I met was Tim Gunn from Project Runway. They shoot the show up the block from my job and I was standing in front with a friend of mine that was taking a cigarette break. She pointed him out to me and before I knew it I was yelling "Mr.Gunn! Mr. Gunn" He turned around and walked over to me and I told him how much I liked him on the show, we chatted for a few minutes. He asked my name, where I worked etc. Suddenly I said "Can I have a hug?" and he said "Of course you can!" and gave me the nicest hug. It was weird and surreal but AWESOME!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Reputation: 19530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomgirl View Post
I've met a few celebrities, but the nicest one I met was Tim Gunn from Project Runway. They shoot the show up the block from my job and I was standing in front with a friend of mine that was taking a cigarette break. She pointed him out to me and before I knew it I was yelling "Mr.Gunn! Mr. Gunn" He turned around and walked over to me and I told him how much I liked him on the show, we chatted for a few minutes. He asked my name, where I worked etc. Suddenly I said "Can I have a hug?" and he said "Of course you can!" and gave me the nicest hug. It was weird and surreal but AWESOME!!!

yea!!! Love me some Tim Gunn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM
 
43 posts, read 50,143 times
Reputation: 21
Met Slaughterhouse and Eminem in Austin, TX. All great guys
Met Ed O'Neill in LA with my parents great small talk. We got a picture where we're all doing the Al Bundy and his hand in the pants thing. He seemed shocked to know that I knew him from Married With Children re runs rather than Modern Family( I'm 19 so MWC was before my time)

Vince Vaughn was rude. Hines Ward was a very personable guy
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
407 posts, read 648,635 times
Reputation: 356
Nicest:

Scott Biao (very nice and approachable). Met him at a gas station, of all places
John Goodman (he was very nice and down to earth)
Janet Reno (very pleasent and chatty). Met her at a fundraiser for Bill Clinton's 1996 campaign

Indifferent:

David Hasselhoff

Rude:

Thomas F. Wilson (Biff on the Back to The Future franchise)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM
 
4,803 posts, read 10,175,648 times
Reputation: 8245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
Rude:

Thomas F. Wilson (Biff on the Back to The Future franchise)
You are the latest of several people who've said that about him. He must have been playing himself in the movie.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
 
7 posts, read 13,958 times
Reputation: 71
Default Worked for Firm that prepared his tax return

This might not be exactly a "celebrity" but it's the closest I've come. I met James Leavelle about 12 years ago and had the opportunity and pleasure to chat with him on many occasions. The name might not be familiar, but most people would instantly recognize him from a very famous photo. He was the detective in the light colored suit and hat, who was escorting a handcuffed Lee Harvey Oswald when Jack Ruby walked up and shot him for killing President John F Kennedy in 1963. I remember asking him about that suit and he said that it "was a new one. Never worn it before and couldnt really explain why I picked that day to finally wear it." That suit and hat is now preserved behind glass at the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. Awesome exhibit and tour if any interest, by the way.

He passed away a few years ago, but I will always remember that he was a very nice, quiet, and soft spoken gentleman who seemed totally unimpressed in his role in what was one of the biggest events in 20th century history. I could have talked to him for hours!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top