U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 AM

17 posts, read 31,602 times

Advertisements

Picture a tiny and miniscule dude wrapped in a towel gurgling with mouthwash.

Two washbowls away in the same mirror, a big and ripped giant shaving, also wrapped in a towel.

One was the crocodile.

The other was Terry Crews.

I didn't even react like he was a celebrity but I pretty much knew who he was when he was working out. He was otherwise very composed and reserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma.chris.gale View Post
Picture a tiny and miniscule dude wrapped in a towel gurgling with mouthwash.

Two washbowls away in the same mirror, a big and ripped giant shaving, also wrapped in a towel.

One was the crocodile.

The other was Terry Crews.

I didn't even react like he was a celebrity but I pretty much knew who he was when he was working out. He was otherwise very composed and reserved.

have no idea what this post means

Old 04-11-2014, 05:39 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,963,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
have no idea what this post means

wrestlers ?

or Crocodile Dundee?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,363,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonken86 View Post
Cool thread I just had to add my 2cents as I have lived and worked around LA for 30 years my family and I have met a lot of celebs over time...

THE NICE ONES:

Carmen Electra - served her when I was a waitress. Very lovely lady very smiley and polite. Said I needed to take a long break after running round so much in the heat (was a very hot day)
Michael Douglas - brother served him and some friends in a bar said he was very polite and smiled a lot.
George Clooney - met him when I was waiting tables. Very nice man very chatty and charming. A lot cuter in person too!
John Cena (wwe wrestler) - met him briefly at an autograph signing very nice chatty man seems genuinely curious and interested in people.
The Undertaker (wwe wrestler) - polite but very quiet.
Wayne Rooney - friendly and chatty.
Snoop Dogg - surprisingly friendly and down to earth and not anything like his tough thug image.
Seann William Scott (Stiffler from the American pie movies) - very sweet and humble. Nice person.
Ted Dansen - Husband worked with him on a TV set. Very nice genuine guy.

THE JERKS:

Kanye West - my sister met him last year and said he was the most arrogant up-himself jerk you could ever meet.
Julia Roberts - concieted and rude which is certainly never what she portrays in her movies.
Thomas F. Wilson - (Biff from the back to the future movies) rude has a chip on his shoulder which seems to tie in with other accounts here. He probably was able to play Biff with no effort at all.
Catherine Zeta Jones - very concieted acts like the world revolves around her.
Lindsay Lohan - my sister met her when she used to wait tables. Spoiled MEGA B**CH! ( I don't think anyone who has met her likes her)
George Peppard - husband worked with him a few times on the set of the A team in the 80's. Said he was a major jerk and no one in the crew liked him. Used to order people round like they were scum. Hated Mr T. and vice versa but I think that's been well documented.
Will Smith - husband met him when working. Very cocky and arrogant. Thinks every woman alive wants him.
Jennifer Lopez - diva b**ch! 'Jenny from the block' my ass.
Stone Cold Steve Austin - told my sister to get lost when she approached him for an autograph.
Oh I love this thread.

I have one issue with the bolded however...

The image Snoop has, down in Australia at least, is of your stoner neighbour/uncle/old schoolfriend who's always ready for a bbq.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:39 PM

79 posts, read 63,486 times
I've met many over the years but never really got the whole "star struck" thing. They're just people as far as I'm concerned.

When I was 9 yrs old we lived in Boca Raton, FL. This must have been like 1979 or 1980. My dad had a lot of connections to celebrities and I remember people like Ric Ocasek and the rest of the band from The Cars hanging out at our place partying. They were always really nice to me and would talk to me like I was a real person. The song "Smugglers Blues" (Glen Frey?) and The Cars "Let the Good Times Roll." was actually about my dad (RIP) and his associates. I'd rather not say what the business was.

Met Larry Zonka (some football player from the Dolphins I think) at a TGI Fridays down there too about the same time. He called me over to his table and made me sit on his lap and kiss his cheek. He kept talking in 3 rd person and creeped me out. He sent his autograph over to our table and I sent mine back to his. He got a kick out of that and bought our dinner.

My cousin and I use to go swimming across the street on Camelback mountain at Stevie Nick's place. She had a lovely white German Shepard named, "Hans." She was just your average person and would bake us cookies after we got done swimming.

When I lived in Phoenix, my boyfriend was golfing buddies and casual friends with Alice Cooper (Vince). Nicest guy ever. Told us all about his upcoming release of his new album at the time, "Trash". We thought it was funny that he would promote it riding around on a garbage truck in the valley.

Bob Hope accidently seen me topless. Long story. He was quite friendly and waved.

We frequently see Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood around Tulsa and occasionally Ben Affleck. Ben has always been polite and gracious even being constantly hounded trying to buy a fishing pole at Bass Pro. People always seem to mob them and that's kinda sad. Again ,we never approach them just observe how people act around a "celebrity". Garth and my former boss (neighbors) despise each other. They were constantly suing each other over property boundaries. It was really pretty funny looking back on it.

A couple of weeks ago we were at a restaurant in Oklahoma City and the guys from Street Outlaws were seated 2 tables away from us. We didn't bother them of course, but they handled everyone's attention politely and with class.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:50 PM

7,839 posts, read 10,144,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
I've met many over the years but never really got the whole "star struck" thing. They're just people as far as I'm concerned.

When I was 9 yrs old we lived in Boca Raton, FL. This must have been like 1979 or 1980. My dad had a lot of connections to celebrities and I remember people like Ric Ocasek and the rest of the band from The Cars hanging out at our place partying. They were always really nice to me and would talk to me like I was a real person. The song by The Cars "Let the Good Times Roll." was actually about my dad (RIP) and his associates. I'd rather not say what the business was.
That's a good song, whoever it's about.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:58 PM

79 posts, read 63,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
That's a good song, whoever it's about.
Yes, it is Ric's best friend at the time was a model named Kelly. Beautiful brunette woman and very sweet. She was dating my dad's boss who wasn't a very nice guy. He was abusive and the band was always begging her to get away from him. She finally did and then the band didn't come to our house after that (at least not that I remember).

Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM

9,834 posts, read 5,715,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
My cousin and I use to go swimming across the street on Camelback mountain at Stevie Nick's place. She had a lovely white German Shepard named, "Hans." She was just your average person and would bake us cookies after we got done swimming.
Stevie Nicks baked cookies for you?! When I was growing up, she was IT. I heard she was nice but that is really cool.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,330,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Stevie Nicks baked cookies for you?! When I was growing up, she was IT. I heard she was nice but that is really cool.
Stevie Nicks is super nice. She and Tom Petty used to come into a bar I worked at occasionally (although she'd stopped drinking by then). I even saw her in a jewelry store one day and she stopped and said hi to me. Saw her in concert last year and she still sounds great BTW!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,330,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonken86 View Post
Yeh Julia Roberts does not deserve her fame everyone I know who has come across her says she is a diva b**ch. Hope she grows up one day and realizes she be nothing without the fans. Sucks she is 'Americas sweetheart' it only enlarges her ego even more! Jennifer Lopez is another one like her- Very divaish and self centered.
Maybe Julia Roberts has changed but I don't know why she has such a bad rap. I met her dozens of times when she was dating Kiefer Sutherland and she was always really nice and polite...no attitude at all. I worked at one of those "celebrity" restaurants and they came in at least once a week. Kiefer was even friendlier. One of the guys I worked with asked him to be in his student film and he did it. He even went on location out in the desert to film it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities