U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 PM

9,290 posts, read 11,138,237 times

Advertisements

My buddy recently "had dinner" with Michael Jordan. Cold evening, restaurant had tableside heaters going. My buddy's heater ran out of propane. MJ was at the next table and noticed. He asked, you cold over there.....they replied yes and MJ said "I won't give you my heater but you need to come closer" and reached over to pull their table closer to his to share his working heater. He then started chatting with them asked about their kid at the table.....MJ's parting advice, skip the baseball and work on your basketball!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 04:21 PM

12,976 posts, read 5,391,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Maybe Julia Roberts has changed but I don't know why she has such a bad rap. I met her dozens of times when she was dating Kiefer Sutherland and she was always really nice and polite...no attitude at all. I worked at one of those "celebrity" restaurants and they came in at least once a week. Kiefer was even friendlier. One of the guys I worked with asked him to be in his student film and he did it. He even went on location out in the desert to film it.
I can't imagine Julia Roberts is that much of a b*tch. Maybe she just doesn't like to give autographs and comes off rude to people. My opinion is if you don't want to lose your privacy or be hounded by fans, then don't make movies. It certainly wouldn't hurt to be nice to the fans once in a while.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 PM

106 posts, read 160,347 times
I met Debbie Harry, Blondie in Upstate NY several times. She was so down to earth and sweet. She loved going to yard sales and was so kind to little kids on the town(most had no idea who she was). She really didn't want to talk about her career, she just wanted to be a normal friend, talking about sales on frozen dinners at price chopper, talking about kids, life in town, and yes bargains and cool finds at yard sales.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM

7,839 posts, read 10,144,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Stevie Nicks is super nice. She and Tom Petty used to come into a bar I worked at occasionally (although she'd stopped drinking by then). I even saw her in a jewelry store one day and she stopped and said hi to me. Saw her in concert last year and she still sounds great BTW!
I saw an interview about someone, can't remember who, but Tom Petty and some other musicians were commenting and one said Petty is very outspoken, doesn't take crap, not in a bad way, but just says what he thinks, direct I guess you'd say. He's got some cool songs for sure.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:19 PM

1,121 posts, read 541,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
IMO, Jim Nabors, the star that played Gomer Pyle on 'The Andy Griffith Show' was the rudest star that I've ever met. The nicest was Chuck Conners, of 'The Rifleman' fame.

Gomer Pyle RUDE? Golllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 AM

5,263 posts, read 2,874,948 times
I met Vince Vaughn in Chicago while he was filming The Breakup. I chatted with him for about a half hour on the sidewalk. He had been playing basketball and was shirtless, sweaty and was adjusting his balls a lot. He gave me a hug and I ended up with armpit sweat all over my cheek. I really wanted to wipe my face off, but I thought it might look rude if I were to say, "Hey! You got pit sweat on me, Vince Vaughn." He was funny and charming (and tall!) at least, anyway. The looks on the faces of people as they walked past and then realized it was Vince Vaughn was funny. Heads would turn and you could tell that he loved it. He is a showboat kind of person.

Wanda Jackson, Queen of Rockabilly, is a genuinely wonderfully nice lady. I've met her several times and she always holds hands and looks you in the eye and thanks you for coming to see her. I adore her. She's the real deal.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,249 times
John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard)....SUPER SUPER SUPER nice guy! A total doll...and still HOT in his 50's....such a cool person! "Bo Duke" is still adorable!! LOL

Hal Ketchum (country singer who had a bunch of hits in the 90's)....met him at a small club in NYC (Mercury Lounge) when he did a small show there....real nice dude!

Went to a few talk show tapings in NYC back in the 90's. Regis was terrific, Kathy Lee Gifford was aloof,
Phil Donahue was a super nice guy, as was Geraldo Rivera and Maury Povich. Sally Jesse Raphael was a total douche.

I worked at a restaurant in the Atlantic City area back in the 80's, and for a while Tim Conway and Tom Poston (spelling?) were appearing in a show in AC and would stop in the restaurant for lunch or dinner quite regularly. Both were very pleasant and friendly.

Was eating dinner at a restaurant last year and Paul Sr. from American Choppers walked in with his wife and some people. Didn't interact with him, but he seemed quiet and nice. They sat two tables away from us. He's got some muscles! LOL Someone my husband works with mentioned that he met Paul Sr. at Newark airport a while back and said he was incredibly nice and friendly.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:52 AM

1,532 posts, read 941,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGrl824 View Post
Regis was terrific, Kathy Lee Gifford was aloof,
Phil Donahue was a super nice guy, as was Geraldo Rivera and Maury Povich. Sally Jesse Raphael was a total douche.

My aunt sat near Geraldo Rivera in a restaurant about 15 or so years ago. She couldn't get over how "handsome" he was.

People: Some of these people who are nice may be nasty in private. Two of Bing Crosby's sons from his first marriage committed suicide.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 PM

513 posts, read 556,517 times
Default Rudest and Nicest Celebs You Have Met

Anyone ever meet any celebs and where they nice or rude?

Nicest
1.) Will Smith - His grandmother was in the hospital where my mom works and was on her floor. I was there visiting and he was super nice. Signed an autograph and thanked my mom and others for taking good care of her.

2.) Ed Rendell - Ex Governor of PA and Mayor of Philadelphia. I met him at a Hilary Clinton rally in 2008. He was super happy. Shaking everyone's hands. Signing anything anyone gave him.

3.) Rob Van Dam - Met him at GNC in King of Prussia mall. My friend was a huge fan of his and he posed for pictures with us and talked for like 20 minutes.

4.) Kane - wrestler for the WWF. Met him at an autograph signing with my brother. Nothing crazy but he stayed and signed autographs for everyone even though it ran an hour late.

5.) David Akers and Koy Detmer - Eagles players. Met them in Staples. Signed autographs and were overall cool and down to earth.

6.) Bill Cosby - Met him at Temple University after class once. Nice guy and talked to everyone around even though a big group gathered.

7.) Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard - Phillies players who I met while working at a bar. They were our having a good time and tipped really well. Weren't the typical "you know who I am?" And expect everything for free.

8.) David Duchovny - Again, met him while at work, super nice and smart. We had a discussion about politics and the economy and he was awesome. I even comped him some drinks and he refused to not pay and told me to keep it.

9.) Questlove (drummer for The Roots/Jimmy Fallon's band on his late night show) - He was picking up tickets at Will Call for a 76ers game. He was cool and even gave a guy some tickets because he was only using 2 of the 6 he had.

10.) Matthew Lillard - My friend drove him for the NBA All Star game. She said he gave her autographed pictures, talked to her the whole time, and was super funny.

Rudest
1.) Stacy Keibler - This was even before she dated George Clooney. She was at an autograph signing before a WWF show for people with VIP tickets that included dinner and a meet and greet. She was the "meet and greet". She left after only 15 mins when she was supposed to be there for an hour. She spent the time rolling her eyes and bitching at the waitstaff.

2.) Donovan McNabb - Ignorant and rude. Saw him while picking up tickets at The then First Union Center. He ignored anyone who spoke to him and then yelled at someone for asking for an autograph.

3). Aaron Carter - He wasn't rude per say, but obviously strung out. Couldn't hold a sentence together.

4.) Jennifer Lopez - My friend was driving Suburbans for when there was the NBA All star game. She drove her and said she was the worst. Before she got in the car some assistant of JLos gave her a whole spiel about not making eye contact, no talking unless spoken to, etc.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:52 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,508,041 times
Nicest:

1. Billy Dee Williams--very nice man! We ran into him in a hotel lobby. He stood there and talked me and my parents for several minutes. I was very excited because I was a kid at the time and I had just seen him in Star Wars-"The Empire Strikes Back".

2. Martina Navratilova- I saw her in a department store...lol. The store had just opened and there was hardly anyone there yet. At first I didn't speak because I wasn't sure it was her. When I walked over to a spot closer to her and I heard her speak to a clerk I knew it was her. I just spoke to her for a few minutes but she was very nice! (she was nice to the store clerk too). I was in awe that I had just met one of the best tennis players to ever play the game.

3. Rich Little--I met him briefly after one of his shows in Las Vegas. He was very friendly!

4. Bobby Knight (famous college basketball coach)--met him at a university fund raising event. He is well known for his temper but he was surprisingly nice and very funny (had some great jokes...lol)

5. Bill and Susan Hayes (Days of Our Lives)--met them at a charity event. Very nice people! I don't watch that soap opera but I knew who they were...lol.

Rudest:

1. David Copperfield--I had a friend who was a limo driver. I saw my friend standing next to a limo after one of Copperfield's magic shows. My friend waved me over and we talked for a few minutes while he waited on Copperfield to arrive. Shortly after that, Copperfield exited a rear door at the venue he had just done a show at and walked over to the limo. He had an attractive young lady with him. Even though I said hello to Copperfield when he walked up he didn't speak to me at all and was very rude to my friend. My friend told me later that Copperfield had sex with the lady in the back seat on the way to the airport. When they arrived at the airport, Copperfield exited the limo and went straight to his airplane. He didn't leave my friend a tip. The young lady just stood there crying. She said she had met Copperfield after the show and he asked her to ride to the airport with him and had told her he'd make sure she got home okay. My friend told me that Copperfield didn't even pay for her cab fare to go back home! (she didn't have enough money). My friend volunteered to drop her off at her house free of charge in is limo. Total jackass!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities