U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you want to read what the Secret Service thought of Jimmy Carter read "In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect "

He came out the absolute worst of all of the presidents from Kennedy through Obama and it wasn't based on his politics but how he treated people.

I am saddened to hear this. I will read up on it. I always thought he was a gentle and kind man and a great humanitarian. I feel duped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM

2,179 posts, read 2,813,173 times
When I was six or seven years old I punched Vic Damone in the balls. He was actually very nice about it.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
He was actually very nice about it.
Probably helped that, even with your right-hook, he remained a tenor.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM

2,179 posts, read 2,813,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Probably helped that, even with your right-hook, he remained a tenor.
But how do you think he hits all those high notes?

And it was a straight right cross, by the way.. Girls!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:40 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
But how do you think he hits all those high notes?

And it was a straight right cross, by the way.. Girls!
Care to tell us the details? This has to be a great story.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM

287 posts, read 881,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you want to read what the Secret Service thought of Jimmy Carter read "In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect "

He came out the absolute worst of all of the presidents from Kennedy through Obama and it wasn't based on his politics but how he treated people.

Well, you have to consider the source.....Ronald Kessler, who is the Washington correspondent for the conservative Newsmax Media, who said the Tea Party is the "conscience" of congressional Republicans. Who knows, maybe Carter really is a jerk, but I heard the book does tend to favour the Republican presidents over Democrats.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,576,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Care to tell us the details? This has to be a great story.
Yeah, don't leave us hanging.

It's so hard to believe that Jimmie Carter is mean. He seems like such a true southern gentleman, so soft spoken, shy, sincere.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 04-19-2011 at 11:30 PM..

Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 AM

6,682 posts, read 11,905,704 times
I've met a few celebrities and they were nice. I haven't met that many so no rude ones.

I met President Kennedy and his wife Jackie when I was a little kid in Hyannis, Mass. I grew up about 45 minutes from Hyannis. My parents were die hard Kennedy fans, and would never miss an opportunity to see them around town. I will always remember shaking their hands. If I live to be 100 I don't think I will ever forget that moment.

Tom Hanks when I worked for the airlines he was a passenger on one of our flights. I believe he slept thru the majority of the flight and I only spoke with him for a moment. Pleasant enough as one would expect him to be.

I met the guy that played the Doctor on "Lost" at a Mall when he was doing some type of presentation. For what escapes me as does his name. He seemed like a friendly enough type of guy.

David Copperfield. I was in the audience at a taping of an NBC Christmas Show. The whole magic show seemed so fake but he bought everyone pizza and soda and deserts. So I have to say he was nice shook our hands and went on his way.

I don't really think Im someone that gets all excited about Celebrities. I could run into all the Brad Pitts and Angelina Jolie's in the celebrity world, and they would just be people to me. However the Kennedy's were the exception to that rule for me.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,397,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
Well, you have to consider the source.....Ronald Kessler, who is the Washington correspondent for the conservative Newsmax Media, who said the Tea Party is the "conscience" of congressional Republicans. Who knows, maybe Carter really is a jerk, but I heard the book does tend to favour the Republican presidents over Democrats.
Well, I own the book and the secret service had nice things to say about Bill Clinton and how he treated people (unlike Gore) and they like Obama and Biden. Their favorite person seemed to be Barbara Bush but they didn't seem to care much for the Bush twins (or Nancy Reagan). But Jimmy Carter - UGH!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,397,399 times
Celebrities I have met:

Robert Patrick (Terminator 2, X-Files) (very very nice)
Dean Haglund (X-Files, comedian) (very very nice)
Rob Bowman (director) (okay)
Nicholas Lea (X-files) (okay)
Roy Thinnes (Invaders, X-Files) (nice)
James Pickens Jr (X-Files) (very nice)
Chris Owens (X-Files) (very nice)
Steve Railsback (X-Files) (nice)
Michael McKean (X-Files, Laverne and Shirley) (nice)

Wayne Gretzky (when he played for the Edmonton Oilers) (nice)
Glen Sather (when he coached the Oilers) (okay)

Duane Sutter (when he was a NY Islander) (very very nice)
Darryl Sutter (Chicago Blackhawks) (very nice)
Brent Sutter (NY Islander) (okay)
Denis Potvin (NY Islander) (okay)
Bryan Trottier (NY Islander) (nice)
Clark Gillies (NY Islander) (nice)
Rich Pilon (NY Islander) (very nice)
Al Arbour (coach NY Islanders) (nice)
Billy Smith (NY Islander) (nice)

Willard Scott (When he had a radio show in DC) (nice)
David Brinkley (of Huntley Brinkley fame) (nice)
Nancy Dickerson (TV News) (okay)

Jerry Coleman (as a Yankee announcer) (nice)
Phil Rizzuto (as a Yankee announcer) (okay)

Mike Schmidt (Phillies) (didn't like)

Mitch Ryder (Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels) (nice)
Dr Benjamin Spock (okay)

John Travolta - (nice)

John Edward (the psychic, not the Democrat) (okay)

The three in bold type are the best. Had multiple encounters. Can't say enough about them.

There are more hockey players I've met. I'll just leave it with the ones listed. There may be more celebrities, I just can't think of them.

Guy I didn't like in person but never talked to one on one - Jay Leno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities